Author Topic: The City 45 Conspiracy  (Read 9932 times)

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The City 45 Conspiracy
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »
If you talked to Yankee and showed you are a good RPer, and told him the whole storyline he might be able to set this up on the server. He is a really reasonable admin and this sounds like a fun event.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »
Why did I read 'freedom' as 'freedome'?

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
Why did I read 'freedom' as 'freedome'?

That would be because my spelling sucks
Going to edit it now
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
Ok Guys!

I'm not sure how, but a lot of people seem to really like this for which I'm very happy
I intended this just to be a bit of fun but a lot of you seem to really be getting into it, which is kind of shocking to me to be honest, it's kinda pressurising
I have to make the next chapter better than the previous and I have to make each part like a real conspiracy, it needs to be complex and thought through but so far it's been dot-to-dot
As I said, I'm trying to come up with some Better material which is why the next part is on hold for a while, so dont get too excited

Now on other matters, a LOT of you have been saying I should make this a roleplay event in the game
Again, I'm honoured that everyone think's that it is so good but I have to be honest
I'm not sure an event like that would go down too well, much less would we do it easily
It would take quite a bit of planning, co-operation and thinking on how to make it interesting

But I suppose if you really REALLY want to see this become an event then show your support on the story
But know this: It won't be anywhere near becoming an event until it is finished so you'll have to work with me as I come up with the new parts
I'm sorry if this seems a downer to you guys but patience is a cruel fate we have to work with, as I said I'm aiming to improve the story beyond the bedrock poo level it is now at, while keeping the plot interesting and complex

But a HUGE Thanks to everyone who is reading the story and showing their support, it really means a lot to me that people are enjoying my work
Be supportive whilst the series unfolds and I hope you enjoy the suspense, the surprises, and the long waiting for the next part, which is sure to come over the course of time writing this

Thank you guys
Dood_D_C
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:48 AM »
I REALLY support this and think you should develop the story all the way, maybe sending it to a few people (ME!) for review. Then give it to Yankee and ask him to help you make it an event. Don't ruin the story for us yet, even if we don't know about it IC.
lolwut?

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 02:24:45 AM »
I REALLY support this and think you should develop the story all the way, maybe sending it to a few people (ME!) for review. Then give it to Yankee and ask him to help you make it an event. Don't ruin the story for us yet, even if we don't know about it IC.
So you mean, only do a few parts and leave the rest as a cliffhanger to solve during the event?
That could work actually, and admittadly it would make it more fun
Thanks for your support as well

I'll have to consider it some more but.,..yeah I suppose I could do it like that
But the next part is coming out regardless and it is going to be a fairly large chunk of the storyline
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 03:12:47 AM »
Well you should do this all IC with the event planned out. The stuff described so far should happen in real time RP ICly.
lolwut?

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »
(OOC) Figured it was time to stop building suspense and get this piece o' smelly pat out to you guys
I put a LITTLE more time and effort into this but if you came here expecting a work of art you should have known by the first page you weren't gonna get it.
This should hopefully give some answers to the holes left in the story and give you some more ideas of what could happen next.
So without further rantings here it is! the continuation of the city 45 conspiracy

The feeling of gloom and doom fills the air undoubtedly. Blood stains the roads of this hell city, and only most of it human.

Wether or not someone was murdered in an apartment block not long ago, many were murdered on this street by animals or like animals, it’s enough to drive anyone to rebel.

The dead man was clearly already at that stage, driven to a rebellious attitude and someone didn’t like that. Perhaps this was a combine job? No…they’d be more public surely?

The book “GearHead” details the explosives from the blast as well as the structure of each defence pylon, and their tactical weaknesses. The explosion marks are the most intense around the bottom right of the pylon’s central pad, the covering has been sheared clear off.
Meanwhile at the CWU pylon, the plug on the left of the pad has been closed down so no physical damage has been done

So, a rebellious citizen has been killed most likely, and most ironically, by a law abiding citizen, and it seems some citizen has used the book GearHead to sabotage the defence unit’s under cover as a civil protection unit. Whoever it was has gone now, and there is no trace where who or when.
The explosives used on the pylon are so rare, it would be hard to detect what did them without the knowledge you have, it could make the explosive look like a malfunction
And by using the emergency system to turn off the CWU Pylon, it would take  it down silently without arousing too much notice, until it was far too late.

The Antlion’s were brought here in a swarm, they were released onto the city and someone disarmed the defences to put the city in danger. Someone clearly wanted to clean the streets for good.

Time to investigate some more.

The Uniform is typical recruit body armour, seems as though the body was about a 5”6 and has an armband marked RCT.710 (Any reference to any civil protection unit dead or alive is seriously just a fluke and we’ll try and repair it later)
The body armour has seen a fair bloodbath since the attack, but dried blood marks indicate that this recruit was in action beforehand, very violent action.
The uniform is punctured underneath the neck, and something seems to be in it’s pockets. There is some sort of gross, fleshy ball resembling some sort of heart or glandular sac, but not human that’s for sure
And the other pocket holds some kind of electronic device.
Best not to touch them, CP Uniforms have all sorts of dirty tricks and traps for all you know.

But there is something else, a small piece of paper crumpled up near the uniform. Upon investigation, it’s a picture of a large group of citizens, happy and celebrating something. There is a small stain in the corner of it, wet and fairly old but colourless and random in shape.

Nothing else on the body can be found

Meanwhile a civil protection Unit walking nearby can be overheard
“We have a uh possible citizen dispute here, this man is claiming that he saw a citizen WALK into sector 6 and claims to know his identity…he seems a little odd sir, possibly a false claim to……”
His voice trails off

Someone ‘Walked’ into sector 6?

They couldn’t have done it during the Antlion attack, nobody was in the streets to see it.

And surely civil protection would have had guards there? Only authorised people would be let through.

Sector 6 seems to have the answers you need…..guess were you’re going?
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
I really think you should have a few actors (man, CCA, person reporting man walking into S6) and a protagonist. As well as an antlion event. This is totally possible in game. Give the actors a setting and you and Yankee and control what they find on bodies, etc.
lolwut?

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »
I really think you should have a few actors (man, CCA, person reporting man walking into S6) and a protagonist. As well as an antlion event. This is totally possible in game. Give the actors a setting and you and Yankee and control what they find on bodies, etc.

Me? With powers?! AN ADMIN?! (for a day) THE VERY THOUGHT!! D:
As always Im proud you think this is possible, much more that you seem very dedicated to getting me to do this
I am still thinking abotu it, it woulkd be especially hard to convince Yankee to do it with this pile of garbage
But I suppose if people continue to show such tremendous support it could happen
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »
I'm going to make you all a deal

So many people seem to have fallen in love with the series and this thread is pummeled to death with requests to make this an Ingame event, clearly the apocoloypse is coming because people think my work is good or in the very least interesting

I'm becoming a little disheartened that people don't care about the story, just the idea of it being an event :/

Nonetheless!
I like to listen to people so, as I said I'm going to make everyone a deal
If you keep supporting the series some more and IF this series becomes well recieved
I will show it to Yankee, or tip him off to come and have a look at it.
That way we can let Yankee decide his verdict on the thing and if he likes it enough I will ask him to make it a roleplay event in game
It may take some planning and time to figure out the whole storyline so I will probably have to first decide on the ending and the rest of the story
But I could always do the event vbefore the ending is published

So lets see what you guys think of my little deal and if it goes over well enough I will talk to Yankee
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »
I'm becoming a little disheartened that people don't care about the story, just the idea of it being an event :/
Awww, don't be like that. We just like the story a lot and don't want it spoiled until the event (if there is one (which there will be)).
lolwut?

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »
I'm going to make you all a deal

So many people seem to have fallen in love with the series and this thread is pummeled to death with requests to make this an Ingame event, clearly the apocoloypse is coming because people think my work is good or in the very least interesting

Nonetheless!
I like to listen to people so, as I said I'm going to make everyone a deal
If you keep supporting the series some more and IF this series becomes well recieved
I will show it to Yankee, or tip him off to come and have a look at it.
That way we can let Yankee decide his verdict on the thing and if he likes it enough I will ask him to make it a roleplay event in game
It may take some planning and time to figure out the whole storyline so I will probably have to first decide on the ending and the rest of the story
But I could always do the event vbefore the ending is published

So lets see what you guys think of my little deal and if it goes over well enough I will talk to Yankee

DO NOT do this if you feel like you're being pressurized into doing it. Just don't.
It WILL NOT end well for you.

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
DO NOT do this if you feel like you're being pressurized into doing it. Just don't.
It WILL NOT end well for you.

While some people are telling me to do it I guess I'm just being dramatic saying "pressurised"
It's not like my life's in danger if I dont do this, hell I'm more than happy to do this event if people will find it fun or interesting in some way
It might even turn out enjoyable for me to toy with all the characters a little bit while they sort out this massive murder mystery (If I am given any kind of powers during the circumstance this event happens)
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
Awww, don't be like that. We just like the story a lot and don't want it spoiled until the event (if there is one (which there will be)).

I guess I was pretty overdramatic in that post huh? :/ I just overreacted, it's just a MASSIVE
.....I said MASSIVE ....thanks
A massive surprise, and honour to me that people really like my work and genuinely like it as a roleplaying idea
I never expected this to be anything like that, just a fun little distraction on the forums for people who like this kinda stuff
I don't think I'm quite ready for the spotlight to be very honest
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal