Author Topic: Outlands: What's it like?  (Read 6734 times)

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands: What's it like?
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
Alright. I have to admit that I haven't bought Half-Life 2 yet and was too lazy to look up the Outlands on the wiki. Can anyone please give me a full description? All I know is that it's the area outside of cites. In my mind, it's a nuclear wasteland full of Xen aliens and rebels.
Thanks for reading.
Click to see the original size.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands: What's it like?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
The outlands is basiclly anyone who has the guts and will to escape the Combine power in the city and move to the outlands where it is safe. The outlands basiclly means non combine controled so it's mostly gangs and resistance. There are vorts here and there, but there are OTA units in the area. It's basiclly in the city you get a chance to live but your overpowered by the Combine. In the outlands the reistance controls most of the area but once again OTA units are there and when they see you....You don't get a chance to explain so your shot on sight.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:01 AM »
 The Outlands is a additional environment for the player to escape and wander about if they're too bored in the City server. Just so you know, there are many Overwatch units wandering about the area at specific times so be careful.  Resistance and Rebellion movements are at your aid depending on your reputation with them. If you want a gun to your forehead, be my ticket. There is also cannibals and rapists held within the Outlands.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
As said before theres many gangs and groups that rule the land, many provide medical aid and protection during bad times, like Stronghold and Civiwatch. Then other groups like The Outcasts (Unless they've been disbanded) and The Crazies (My gang of the hated and abandoned) provide mercenary services. Outlands in a nutshell is a bunch of armed refugees and rebels who have escaped the horrors of the cities and are now living and surviving in somewhat harsh and wild environments.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
tl;dr Outlands = A fun shitstorm

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
Thanks all. Got a better description of the Outlands, but what's the terrain like? Still in my mind: Barren, thermonuclear and ravaged by war.
Glad I know what the Outlands IS and who's out there.  I know OTA is like patrols of Combine in the Outlands.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
Swamps, forests, hills, mountains, lakes and streams, cliffs, deserted towns, uneven terrain.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 02:58:12 PM »
I think you're thinking more of a post nuclear fallout, it's more basically just everything is the same, but abandoned and aged a tiny bit.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »
Mostly everyone in this community, including the large majority of the people posting above me, have the wrong idea of the outlands. While I will admit that the actual server is almost 100 percent safe (Little to no xenians, extremely rare combine sweeps), ICly, and according to Canon, the city is MUCH safer than the outlands. The outlands is INFESTED with aliens such as headcrabs, antlions, and other xenians including vortigaunts. The outlands would also be under CONSTANT bombardment from the Combine via shelling and sweeps.

It took the Combine Empire 7 hours to take over the entire world, and that's when we had fighter jets, tanks, the military, and a population of ~7 billion.

You really think it'd take much longer than, say, 5 minutes for them to kill a few rebels armed with some shotguns and mp7s? However, Half-Life 2 is a game. White Forest is probably completely unknown to the Combine (until of course, as you saw, it got raped by striders).

Black Mesa East lasted about 10 minutes after Gordon Freeman arrived.

The fact is, it doesn't make sense that "The Outlands" still even exists, after the Combine know about it.
game over

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »
Mostly everyone in this community, including the large majority of the people posting above me, have the wrong idea of the outlands. While I will admit that the actual server is almost 100 percent safe (Little to no xenians, extremely rare combine sweeps), ICly, and according to Canon, the city is MUCH safer than the outlands. The outlands is INFESTED with aliens such as headcrabs, antlions, and other xenians including vortigaunts. The outlands would also be under CONSTANT bombardment from the Combine via shelling and sweeps.

It took the Combine Empire 7 hours to take over the entire world, and that's when we had fighter jets, tanks, the military, and a population of ~7 billion.

You really think it'd take much longer than, say, 5 minutes for them to kill a few rebels armed with some shotguns and mp7s? However, Half-Life 2 is a game. White Forest is probably completely unknown to the Combine (until of course, as you saw, it got raped by striders).

Black Mesa East lasted about 10 minutes after Gordon Freeman arrived.

The fact is, it doesn't make sense that "The Outlands" still even exists, after the Combine know about it.

Well, if we were canon straight down to the bone, the server would be boring as crap/not fun at all. And we've already RPed having to escape from the canals, I don't think people want to change maps again.

Offline Red October

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
The Out lands sound like a Place i dont wana be...

Offline Slade?´´?´°

• Slafag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
Think of it as a abandoned place, outside of the city.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 04:31:50 AM »
     The outlands actually consist of coniferous trees, streams, and beautiful mountains. Unless I'm mistake, the outlands is actually a very serene and habitable place.

Offline looop0100

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
Well theres a lot of of people who would kill you on the spot just because they can.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:33 AM »
Outlands is the outer limits to a city. The Outlands are where the rebels and resistance run free and try to make a new like in helping others or starting a war with other groups/clubs. The Outlands has a few threatening forces that range from COTA, SYNTHS, Head Crabs, Antillions, & resistance/rebels. The Outlands imo is a great place to take a break from city and to have a little fun. Outlands has many unique qualities that make the players love it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal