Author Topic: How fun is outlands  (Read 2026 times)

How fun is outlands
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
Well how cool is it?

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How fun is outlands
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
You should really play it for yourself. It is a different style of RP from the City server. Depends on what you like.

Overall the Outlands in my opinion is about freedom and wide open terrain. There are a lot of peculiar characters like Vortigaunt scientists, traveling traders, and even cannibals. It's a dangerous place with very little authority. There are some members of a coalition that protects people in the Outlands. A lot of people carry weapons on them as well. You can apply for a variety of auths that would never be accepted on the City server like peg legs, bows with arrows in them, craftable knifes (with the proper level of RP involved that is) and a lot more.

Outlands is different in that it isn't constricted, which can be good or bad. The world's open though and the RP is player-group based rather than faction based.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »
That sounds really fun but how big is that map would you say?

Offline Misty is kinda Mittens

• ʕಠᴥಠʔ
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »
Its big its expansive and you could get very lost in the map.

But over all get a good crew of people and its fun.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:14:47 AM »
Don't get discouraged if you feel lost. The first time I played I had no idea what the hell was going on. I wandered in circles for a while without  a clue. Eventually you'll explore it all. There are a couple hot spots where people normally hang out, so again, don't lose it if you can't find anybody. Outlands isn't as popular as the City server.

Offline Sheogorath

• Daedric Prince of Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:14:38 AM »
I personally like outlands better than the city because the city is borign yet in the outlands if there are people on there is always RP to be had.
\r\nLucas - Future Emperor of world, Current king of cool, defies laws of physics. Just that awesome.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:31 AM »
I don't like the outlands as I don't get that sense of fear or hardship apart from murderers, it's really how you feel, play it for a few days.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »
The people who figure out where to go, what to do, and how to do it usually stay on...

That means getting involved in groups, knowing your way around the map, and exploring new ways to rp with shit you can't find on the city.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal