Author Topic: Bethesda ate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bethesda ate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/31/report-bethesda-picks-up-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-rights.aspx
http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/31/rumor-bethesda-acquires-stalker-rights/

Im not sure how to feel about this. Bethesda is a great designer of games, but can they really be up to par with GSC on S.T.A.L.K.E.R? Because shit man, not one of their games can even touch S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in my opinions
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bethesda ate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »
read about this a couple of days ago - whatever happens, if it brings another stalker game who can complain? Unless its terrible, but if it is ill just go back to GSC's wonderful games

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
read about this a couple of days ago - whatever happens, if it brings another stalker game who can complain? Unless its terrible, but if it is ill just go back to GSC's wonderful games
Problem is, I have my doubts that stalker 2 wont be. Let alone similar.
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »
If we can take anything from fallout 3 its that bethesda will make a game how they want it on their engine. Meaning we could see STALKER 2 being set in the same setting but it won't the same game style. Or perhaps it will, it could still be a good game, just don't expect it to appeal to the fans of the first game :P
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
 I punched my monitor across the screen multiples times until it broke when I heard about it. Just kidding but really, that company already ruined the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3. What can go horribly wrong? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 can go wrong if they get their hands on it.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
I punched my monitor across the screen multiples times until it broke when I heard about it. Just kidding but really, that company already ruined the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3. What can go horribly wrong? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 can go wrong if they get their hands on it.

Many people say they ruined Fallout but I think they just took it in a different direction. Fallout 3 was still a great game, but a huge let down if you though it was going to be like the first ones. Will it be the same with STALKER? I suppose we also have to see that Fallout 1 and 2 were radically different from Bethesda other games. STALKER is not hugely different from Bethesda others games (in the sense that they are both 1st person style games).
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
Fallout 3 was great. And I'm a diehard fan of Fallout 1. I also beat fallout 2. I never played New Vegas. Fallout 3 had flaws, but Bethesda did an EXCELLENT job bringing the Fallout Universe to life, despite making their own changes. This is coming from somebody who was pissed when Bethesda's initial announcements came out. President Eden's speeches are amazingly well done, beating any Breen speech out of the water imo honestly. The music and atmosphere were excellent too. I can pick it apart, of course, but it was well done.

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting stalker because you all love it. What should I buy? Any special packs on steam or something?

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 05:45:47 PM »
I loved Fallout 3, never played the first 2 games so maybe that's why.

I absolutely HATE fallout new vegas though, all they did was steal the Fo3's communities mods, made a new enviroment, bam new game, fucking rip off IMHO.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
pretty sure beth' didn't make new vegas, I can't remember it was some like some independent studio or something idk

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
Yeah, it was a few of the fallout 1 team or something

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »
pretty sure beth' didn't make new vegas, I can't remember it was some like some independent studio or something idk
Looks like your right, went to some wiki pages and apparently Fallout 3 was developed and published by Bethesda, while new vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda.

Also, just because they have the title for the stalker series, doesn't mean that they won't hire good people to work on it.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
 I was actually 100 percent a diehard fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I felt that Bethesda Softworks would ruin a game that I love - many others too - with the atmosphere, weather system, roleplaying system with NPC dialogue, scenes like in CoP, weaponry, inventory system and put in all that bullshit system from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Fallout 3. They would include the same story thing of "lol i am a hero time to save chernobyl once again" thing that I do not wish to be in the game. I wish to be a stalker blended in like every other stalker out there, to be able to get quests from NPCs, to get scares from mutants(which IMO, the Creation Engine isn't suited for), etcetera etcetera. Heck, the voice actors won't sound like the ones in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It won't be the same. I rather have the GSC games than a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 game.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »
Let's just see how it goes. Who knows, they might not fuck it up?
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:55 AM »
Let's just see how it goes. Who knows, they might not fuck it up?
The companies are 2 vary (vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary ) different styles. Bethedsa doesnt do atmosphere like stalker, and just... Very few similarities it feels like.

Offline codex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
Personally I feel that Bethesda will ruin the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, which is a shame seeing that it was one of my favorite games. I would rather Bethesda focus on the Elder Scrolls or Fallout series than try there stake in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal