Author Topic: D6 Idea  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
D6 Idea
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:21:01 AM »
I say D6 should be blocked off by the blue laser wall, and can only be turned on and off by units standing at the HAP or in the Nexus. Basically, to make entering D6 illegal. THEN, having two ways (Not the train station) to enter D6, through the UCH roof, or through a sewer. Then, any units that catch people trying to escape will be allowed to detain them. If they run, the unit's could P2L and S2M most of the shots, with an occasional leg clipping from time to time. I think this would make D6 less of a canon-rapist, and make interesting RP, to stop lulweebulz from easily accessing D6. Getting in would require decent RP skills, and anyone that doesn't or just minges could be dealt with by an admin.

I also think UCH should be less repetitive. First floor is fine, but second floor and third floor are exactly the same. I think that it should be dimmer, and the stairs should be a rectangular spiral, and that the apartments connect a bit, as they did in Half-Life 2.

Just my opinion. Nobody HAS to agree with me, and it would require even MORE mapping than what is currently happening. I also know that it's hard to do most of these things without causing something else to not work.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: D6 Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »
D6 should be blocked off by the blue laser wall

Map has already D6HAP forcefield built in, however, this will never happen in my eyes. I support the idea, however, people (lolwebuls) would cry and we would have to undo the change.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
It would be an alright idea; however I would not like it completely illegal.  Just back to how it used to be where units actually took the time to clamp and you were only allowed in if you had less then two criminal marks.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
D6 should be blocked off by the blue laser wall

Map has already D6HAP forcefield built in, however, this will never happen in my eyes. I support the idea, however, people (lolwebuls) would cry and we would have to undo the change.

True, I agree there. But, the people need to grow a fucking pair and you use the subway instead. In fact, I'm thinking we should make another clamp in the train station of the subway entrance when there is a code yellow as well, so we can give the people that the City has tight security and if you want to enter in D6, you better not have contraband on you.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
No one uses the subway, lol. If you just clamp the HAP, There will be little to no people in D6. The way I have found people to stay in plaza and not lolrun into D6 is that when rations are going on, another unit and I will clamp, that way when they come back they can't get past us without getting a patdown and all that (No citizens like doing it because 1. It takes awhile kinda 2. They will loose their lolcontraband).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
No one uses the subway, lol. If you just clamp the HAP, There will be little to no people in D6. The way I have found people to stay in plaza and not lolrun into D6 is that when rations are going on, another unit and I will clamp, that way when they come back they can't get past us without getting a patdown and all that (No citizens like doing it because 1. It takes awhile kinda 2. They will loose their lolcontraband).

I'm talking about doing away with the subway and making it a constant barrier field, making it hard to get though the HAP without going through the two alternate ways I stated in the OP.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »

I'm talking about doing away with the subway and making it a constant barrier field, making it hard to get though the HAP without going through the two alternate ways I stated in the OP.

And if you would re-read my post, you would see that no one uses the subway. There is no point of putting the field up because people don't go in there in the first place. If you just clamp the HAP like I said, all the citizens would basicaly stay in plaza.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

And if you would re-read my post, you would see that no one uses the subway. There is no point of putting the field up because people don't go in there in the first place. If you just clamp the HAP like I said, all the citizens would basicaly stay in plaza.

That post was to you and the person you replied to.

Anyway- I don't want all citizens in the plaza. I want the field up and alternate, more tricky, ways to get into D6, so the people who properly RP in D6 are in D6, and the lulweebulz and newbies and in the plaza.
Characters

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »
No. Not going to happen. Ever.
Keep the lolrebels in D6 while the plaza stays peaceful.
For the love of whatever you value, why don't you people get this?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
No. Not going to happen. Ever.
Keep the lolrebels in D6 while the plaza stays peaceful.
For the love of whatever you value, why don't you people get this?

Indeed. these suggestions doesn't help much and the only solution is to take the points back again where citizens is able to gain loyalist points. But this time it will be a lot harder to obtain these points than it was before. It will get citizens back to the plaza. this here is only a solution, but we don't know the outcome yet.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »
I'm really interested in your second idea. While I don't know how feasible it would be to modify the map, a great amount of activity takes place in the UCH apartment complexes. The broken walls and ceilings add so much immersion to what could have been a dull and uniform apartment. Maybe it's worth considering making new changes like flickering lights on the third floor etc?

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
I'm really interested in your second idea. While I don't know how feasible it would be to modify the map, a great amount of activity takes place in the UCH apartment complexes. The broken walls and ceilings add so much immersion to what could have been a dull and uniform apartment. Maybe it's worth considering making new changes like flickering lights on the third floor etc?
Lights, or even flickering lights, are never going to happen I think. Lights are one of the main things causing RSO for people and so nobody will want to add them into the map.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal