Author Topic: HL2RP Gmod 13  (Read 6157 times)

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HL2RP Gmod 13
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
Apparently, OA will break when Gmod 13 is released. What will happen to HL2RP on this server? With the character database etc? If it will break, I am not entirely sure.

Offline Logik

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Gmod 13
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
I think they've been preparing for Gmod 13. Not certain on all the specifics. Maybe they wouldn't mind sharing that here. As long as they read from the character databases the same, or can export it to a new format, it should be fine. It all depends on how much they have to change for OA (if even OA). The database is seperate from the gamemode.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »
They'll probably just get a cracked schema and use that, they're not planning on buying it or so I hear.

Offline Logik

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »
Sounds like OAis going to be gone and clockwork is going to take its place.mi don't know what that means for the database, and it's going to be a little bit before a cracked version is released.

Offline Datzy

• Nihil et Omnia
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
This is what Clockwork is for.

Clockwork is Cloud16's Garry's Mod 13-based schema for serious roleplay servers. The standard HL2RP schemas and such will be finished soon, and should be released not too long after Garry's Mod 13 is out.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
They won't switch to clockwork lol - too much progress on OpenAura to throw it away so they'll probably fix datastreams

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
Pretty sure RTLK has told me he's already working on / soon to start working on fixing up our OA to work on gm13

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
Hopefully there won't be a leak of clockwork, I think that only those who buy it should get access. I like having a product that I payed for and that people can't do three seconds of searching and find it on DU.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
The database won't go anywhere. It just requires a new mysql module, which he can just ask me for, as im using it for OCRP2.

Other than that, hes not started porting HL2RP yet. Tho he probably should if he plans to have it ready anywhere close to the 24th, which is when GMod 13 is scheduled to be released. Unless Garry gets upset and changes it to the 24th October because he had to take 2 weeks off to Egypt. Oh and porting HL2RP is a bit more work than just changing datastream to the new net library.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal