Author Topic: Spacebuild ya  (Read 10183 times)

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spacebuild ya
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
umm i downloaded everything how the instructions told me, and i see some errors still.
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:06 PM »
I like Life Support 3, however, one thing that bugs me about it is that it's truly impossible to create a self sustaining space station. You'll need to have constant shipments of resources to power regulators.
Not impossible. Done it before
How? I always need a shipment of water every once and awhile.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »
Well ill be away till the 19th so no sb help till then.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »
BRB, becoming Statua V1.33-7

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 04:56:39 AM »
I like Life Support 3, however, one thing that bugs me about it is that it's truly impossible to create a self sustaining space station. You'll need to have constant shipments of resources to power regulators.
Not impossible. Done it before
How? I always need a shipment of water every once and awhile.

Simple. Except of using fusion generators that require cooling, just use wind generators or solar panels to create energy.
Then use gas compressors to convert this energy into air, and there you go. You have everything you need to survive in space.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:30 AM »
umm i downloaded everything how the instructions told me, and i see some errors still.
I have the same problem as Tittles mentioned.

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:52 AM »
I have the same problem as Tittles mentioned.

But unlike you I fixed mine. I just manually downloaded the map and redownloaded the content. Works fine for me.
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 02:15:08 AM »
I would play this, however, way too many downloads and shit, I tried to play this before, and the downloads, oh the downloads, I rather not go through that process again.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »
Woud like another map perhaps.. the current one we have has some skybox errors on some on the planets causing fuck on most.

Also smart constraint tool

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

No.
People want this smart constraint and claim it fixes lag. But rather it CREATES a fuckload of lag.
You don't seem to realize that most lag is caused by the fuckload of constraints on a moving contraption. THIS is what's causing the lag. Not the contraption itself.

For example, your contraption exists out of 10 props. Weld them all together using 9 welds. (from 1 prop to another.) and it will go just fine. But if you use smart contraint, it will create 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 45 constraints for only 10 props = lag like shit if it's used more.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »

No.
People want this smart constraint and claim it fixes lag. But rather it CREATES a fuckload of lag.
You don't seem to realize that most lag is caused by the fuckload of constraints on a moving contraption. THIS is what's causing the lag. Not the contraption itself.

For example, your contraption exists out of 10 props. Weld them all together using 9 welds. (from 1 prop to another.) and it will go just fine. But if you use smart contraint, it will create 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 45 constraints for only 10 props = lag like shit if it's used more.

i never said it would fix lag, but it does fix that when dumb people dont weld their shit properly and it flips out

also makes it a lot easier but meh..

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »

No.

Last night I was building a ship out of the hl2 props and I welded and nocollided the best I could by hand. When I tried to fly it, it took 30 seconds to spaz the shit out and cause a server crash. (So sorry about that, didn't know it would happen). I took the save into singleplayer and ran smartweld, edited a few settings to use less welds and nocollides and then tried to fly it, it worked perfect. No lag, no spaz, etc. The tool works great if you know how to use it. Don't set the nocollide and weld to some high ass number. I still believe that smart constraint/smart weld would be a great addition. It'd also be cool if that resource transfer mod was added. This one. It adds wireless energy transmission (farther away gives less energy) and mass drivers. You can also package resources into barrels for a nice way to transport them. Mass drivers make refueling stations very easy. Low on water? Fire a ground-based mass driver lined up with the station, and now it has water. The only problem is that mass drivers can be used as weapons, as if the packet hits anything other than another mass driver, it explodes. I forget if it damages props or not. It's up to the server admins/devs if they should add these, but I personally think they would be nice.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
I'll consider putting resource transit system (optional download for SB3) but that will mean everyone has to download that too.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »

No.

Last night I was building a ship out of the hl2 props and I welded and nocollided the best I could by hand. When I tried to fly it, it took 30 seconds to spaz the shit out and cause a server crash. (So sorry about that, didn't know it would happen). I took the save into singleplayer and ran smartweld, edited a few settings to use less welds and nocollides and then tried to fly it, it worked perfect. No lag, no spaz, etc. The tool works great if you know how to use it. Don't set the nocollide and weld to some high ass number. I still believe that smart constraint/smart weld would be a great addition. It'd also be cool if that resource transfer mod was added. This one. It adds wireless energy transmission (farther away gives less energy) and mass drivers. You can also package resources into barrels for a nice way to transport them. Mass drivers make refueling stations very easy. Low on water? Fire a ground-based mass driver lined up with the station, and now it has water. The only problem is that mass drivers can be used as weapons, as if the packet hits anything other than another mass driver, it explodes. I forget if it damages props or not. It's up to the server admins/devs if they should add these, but I personally think they would be nice.
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=12437
Multiparent fixes the problem of "spasing" PERFECTLY, without causing any lag. Stupidcontraint just spams contraints, causing unnecessary lag to do something that can be done even better with less lag
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
The SB server suck ass, seriously. Did some retard just add a retarded keep upright/no-collide plugin in it.

Because all of my props, which have been frozen or manipulated with, keep upright themselves, and no-collide with all other materials, such as players and other props around it.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal