Author Topic: Citizen point history  (Read 4832 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Citizen point history
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:05:36 AM »
Hey.
Several loyalist may have their points history so big that we won't see it all. Expanding the textarea may be very, very helping. Doing same thing with the /viewobjectives, and maybe with /viewdata as well.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/486625647062920646/03C88D48810E499B6DE42B11F23D37DAC7D2BF5E/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/486625647062924830/0B895F6C2EF97ABD80A2BD94B9F3721DC914928E/

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizen point history
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
It would also be nice if they extended the text area in paper, I hate having to use 2 or 3 pieces of paper whenever I write announcements.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
[suspicious]The problem is that Garry's mod LUA offers something called "usermessages" to transfer data between client and server. In the current version (not being problem in GM13 anymore), there is a limit of maximum data size that can be transferred in one umsg. However, this can be hacked by sending multiple usermessages. (I at least believe this is the problem.)[/suspicious]

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:43:58 AM »
I was under the impression that you could click on the last letter and press the down arrow to view the entire record.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:59:59 AM »
I was under the impression that you could click on the last letter and press the down arrow to view the entire record.
I believe I already tried that, I can try it again though.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
K it's done by SQL. You reach 255 characters and ur runs out of space in the notes. I havent counted it but this is what I think it is due to karma talking to me about it.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
Changing the database table's column datetype to TEXT is question of two minutes :)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
It is text, how do you think we have reasons?

The issue is the character limit which may not exceed 255 or whatever. It can not be changed as it is the maximum. You would have to use extra fields and this is a complicated process.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:39 AM »
It is text, how do you think we have reasons?

The issue is the character limit which may not exceed 255 or whatever. It can not be changed as it is the maximum. You would have to use extra fields and this is a complicated process.

Datetype VARCHAR, which is probably used, has it's range limited to 255, 1 byte. Datetype TEXt doesn't. It also has some limit but it is 256*256 I think, what is a bit more. Maybe some developer should respond us? :)

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
Yes, I know I am late. This has nothing to do with the SQL, never has. Paper is saved in text files, and the limit has to do with how usermessages work; nothing with SQL like Karma likes to say. It's just his way of saying "i dont know how to do this".

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Isn't there a chance that you would redo the point history into datastreams, like Crap-head solved it on OCRP?

Offline Alduin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Lol, I thought my datapad file would be overflowing. Guess not... D:

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »
Isn't there a chance that you would redo the point history into datastreams, like Crap-head solved it on OCRP?

Not really going to a problem since loyalist points are no longer used. ViewData rarely goes above the character limit, anyway. Same for ViewObjectives.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
Well, it does not happen often any much.. But with the format we >should< have in the datafiles, two medical entries are enough to fill most of the space up.

Offline The Viper

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
The point system is gone now anyway... So... Yeah. I don't think we need to worry about this glitch anymore.

37736: I resigned my position as SL, RP got bland, and I just don't have what it takes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal