Author Topic: CCA Application Question  (Read 1570 times)

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
CCA Application Question
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
I'm wondering how many words has to be on my application to have a chance. Mine has 1299 words so far. Is that enough? I failed the first one because it wasn't long enough. My second needs to be perfect.
Click to see the original size.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CCA Application Question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »
Quality over quantity, really. As long as it's adequate in terms of grammar and proper English and you meet an average standard for an application (I'm guessing at least 600+) then you should be fine.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
I'm wondering how many words has to be on my application to have a chance. Mine has 1299 words so far. Is that enough? I failed the first one because it wasn't long enough. My second needs to be perfect.

The application form tells you the minimum number of words it should be. As long as you're at least at that number, you should be fine. In fact, they don't put it there and expect you to make it exactly that. Its there more to make sure you get at least the general amount of paragraphs needed to approximately fulfill that. They're not going to sit there and count each word up to 300 or whatever it is these days.

Also, as its been mentioned, what they care mostly about over anything is the quality of the application. Proper grammar is a huge thing as well as proper punctuation. Knowing canon and including enough in your application showing you know basic canon well enough is also a plus. Also, don't try to make such a cliche` story like, "John Doe's family was killed by rebels and ever since that day, he sought revenge and knew his destiny was to join the CCA to wipe out all rebels to avenge his family and seek justice." Those are a dime a dozen and what really catches the reader's eye is adding more of a unique story and twist.

Biggest thing though, make sure that punctuation and grammar and spelling is all exactly as it should be. They care far more about that than they do the actual content of the essay.

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
Thanks, this helped much. I do know my canon althought I've only played the HL2 Demo. (Thank god for wikia.com)  I know my writing is at perfection. And cliche crap like that? What a waste of story writing. Final question: What the heck is up John Doe? I know he's an example name, but really? Why John Doe? Possibly a HL2 character I never knew?

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
It's like John Smith. John Doe is just another well-known generic name.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal