Author Topic: The Safehouse's tape recordings  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Safehouse's tape recordings
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
Loud tapping noises are heard as Stalker seems to test the tape recorder

"Testing... Testing... Is this thing even working? *sighs* Been forever since i used one of these... "

The man seems to settle down on a chair of some sort as he prepares to record, groaning as if recovering from some substantial wounds

"Harley convinced me that keeping track of what goes on out here will be usefull later on... Though frankly i feel a bit insecure leaving trails like these... Either way. things have been quiet out here in the outlands, a bit too quiet frankly for the last couple of weeks. People have become somewhat dispersed after the little skirmish between the crazies and the sirens, and it's understandable really... Even i hesitated about staying here after that mishap. But I can't just give up like that... Besides the fact this seems to be the safest place for me and Harley to stay at right now"

It sounds as if he picked up some paper, reminiscing for a moment as he continues to record

"It's been almost a month already since Arkham tried to divide and kill us. He just... Appeared out of nowhere, we didn't even know about him being out here before he tried killing three people, one succesfully, precisely because he wanted revenge on us... And that made me think. Just how many people out there are alive that are still looking for us?."

The paper is audibly put down as the man sighs again, pensive for a moment

"I guess Sandborn was right... The past eventually catches up to you no matter what you do. I changed my ways but that's not eliminated the destruction me and Harley left behind years ago... Serves us right for trying to take justice into our hands in such a violent way i suppose... All i know is whatever happens, i won't let anything harm anyone out here... Human, Vortigaunt or Combine."

There's a quick pause in the recording, someone talking to the man from the other side of the room

"Don't worry i'm just finishing up here!- Eh... Sorry... Harley's asking for my assitance. Anyhow. She and i have stayed in the safehouse for now, keeping a steady help for newcomers as well as old refugees. Matthew's been travelling for a while already, but i doubt he'll be away for much longer... Joanna's been lending us some sporadical medical help as well, though i can't help but feel something's been bothering her... Still, things have been kept running well for the most part. We'll just have to see what the inmediate future has in store for us... Stalker checking out."

The tape recorder is set down, and the audio finally ceases.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Safehouse's tape recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
I was actually interested in reading this, contrary to most other IC things. Nice job bringing up the Crazies too :D
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
Rain audibly pours down outside the safehouse as the tape starts recording, minor chatter is heard in the background as if there were more people in the safehouse with them

Well, storm season seems to be upon us right now... we've got some people staying at the bottom floor , so we should at least be able to keep them warm and dry for the night. Eli's been keeping maintenance of our equipment for now...

-*THUNK*-
God dammit! It's stuck on the wall again!-

*she stiffles a chuckle as she hears that* He's uhm... he's been having a few issues with the hidden blade's mechanism... Anyhow. We're still not sure where Matthew is, and people seem to be keeping a steady pace between escaping to outlands and going back to the city. I guess the security in their perimeter has become worse with time. Skyler seems to be gone as well, though we're not particularly worried about her... I mean come on the woman's a bloody tank at this step with how many weapons she has.

There's a small pause in the recording, Harley is seemingly telling something to one of the refugees

*Ahem* I managed to confirm that Joanna's staying with the Wilson's for now... Why she thought that was a good idea i don't know, but by the looks of it they've been treating her ok for now. I just hope that Razors girl doesn't decide to screw with them again while she's in that house. I'll keep a look out for her, but for now whatever happens to her is unfortunately in their hands. Harley checking out.

The tape's recording finalises after that sentence.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:59:18 PM by Elions »

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
The tape starts recording, this time the deeper voice of Eli returns

Quiet... Quiet quiet quiet quiet. It's been quieter than a church on sunday around here... And that's troubling. Don't get me wrong, normally i like it when outlands is at peace, but usually there's still... I don't know, chatter, preparation, some sort of thing going on that keeps the "Quiet" in place... And that's precisely what this period of quietness is lacking, which makes it all the more unnerving.

You can hear some minor mechanical noises, as if Eli was using a screwdriver and a set of pliers on a device

Either way i figured i'd take advantage of things. I've been taking my time to polish up on some old tactics, asked Gunny to teach me how to properly keep maintenance of my equipment too. I'm no expert but at least now i won't have this damned blade flying off next time i try to unseathe it.

The distinct sound of Eli putting the hidden blade mechanism on his arm is heard, and then a soft but recognizable *shink*, the blade unseathes without much issue

Much better... Anyhow. Simon's been taking in a lot of people on his little clinic lately. I should probably go check on him later... See if he needs supplies or anything. Mather of fact we may have to start doing supply runs for non-perishable food and what not, winter's coming after all. Might be a good idea to ask him if he can do any sort of "Analisis" on my condition now as well... I barely know much of vortessence at all, let alone medicine, and what Angel told me last time was not very clear at all either. All i know is it's somehow helping me heal up faster and it's was a pain in the ass to get used to the glowing eyes and blood thing... For some reason Harley likes it though... Anyhow. I'll update this if i do either of those things. Stalker out.

The blade audibly seathes in again, and Eli stops the tape recording.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal