Author Topic: Edwin Harkness's Authorization Application  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Edwin Harkness's Authorization Application
« on: September 16, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Dallas/The Doctor
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About a year.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Six months.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A tweed jacket of dull green colour

-Bow tie

-A form of dementia where he replaces gaps in his memory with fictitious events which he believes to be true

-A full name nickname: "Doctor"

Name: Edwin Harkness
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Edwin awoke from his slumber; his eyes burned in the light of the room, he stirred from his bed but has held down as a familiar voice rang through his ears.
"Edwin, stay still, your pupils are dilated again... Have you been taking your medication?"
"Hello Doctor Moon!" Edwin replied with tired enthusiasm, ignoring the question.
"You must take it, your health won't get better unless you follow my prescription and my name is Doctor Reed, not Moon." Edwin rubbed his eyes, still drowsy.
"Yes... Of course it is." He said as he reached over to his bedside table; taking a couple of small blue capsules and downing them with a glass of water.
"Do you think we will go out again today? You must be bored here." Doctor Reed said as he walked over to the curtains, pulling them open, blanketing the clinic bedroom with bright rays of morning sunshine. Edwin sank into his slippers before grabbing his tweed jacket from the hanger at the end of his bed, he turned to Reed replying.
"Yes, let's."
"Good." Reed responded with a smile. "A walk will do you some good."

You see, Edwin Harkness lives in a sanitarium or 'mental home' if you would; he suffers from long term memory loss, he has all his life, to cope with this he has taken to making up his past, stories to fill the gaps, he has done this for so long that he believes them himself. To Edwin, Doctor Reed is his "co-worker" or "companion", Edwin told Doctor Reed of all his adventures.

The pair exited the clean building out onto the road outside then onto the grass of the park nearby; it was a beautiful day indeed, the sun beat down warm volleys onto the green grass that stretched out unbroken across the park, punctuated by blossomed trees in their seasonal prime. Edwin started ahead briskly as Doctor Reed fixed his cuff-link and increased to match Edwin's pace. Edwin span round to Reed, his coat swinging with momentum.
"Did I ever tell you, Moon, about the time I met--" Reed cut him off.
"It's Reed, where are you getting Moon from?"
"No idea, so sorry." Edwin reached through his pockets; he fumbled for a few seconds before taking out a crimson strip of fabric before sitting in the shade of a nearby tree.
"What did you do to your tie?" Reed asked. "Did you take it apart?" Edwin gazed at it blankly for a moment before tilting his head back up.
"Yes... I must have." Reed took it from Edwin and set about fixing it. "Any calls from mother?" Edwin asked trying to shift the subject.
"Your mother has been dead eight years..." Reed replied flatly, raising an eyebrow at Edwin.
"Oh..." Edwin stated with an awkward tone. The silence extended for a couple minutes before Reed handed the bow tie to Edwin; it now fixed into a proper shape. "Thank you." Edwin said as he sprung to his feet and began to head off towards the clinic, deciding that was enough from Reed as he slid the tie into his jacket pocket.

-2015 (Seven Hour War is just starting, late into portal Storms)

Edwin looked out the window of the sanitarium, eyes wide and darting, Doctor Reed had ran off to be with his family, typical thought Edwin; who was awoken late by the portal storms in the distance. The skies outside were set ablaze with blue swirling energy, it was almost pretty in a scary earthquake way. Edwin decided he would be better off outside; he grabbed his coat and walked barefoot outside onto the grassy park. Edwin began to pace and spout some nonsense about a fictional meeting with the Pharaohs of Egypt, yet he remained ever concerned of the trembling earth beneath him. It was then another quake hit; far more powerful than the last, Edwin fell to the grass, his gaze cast to the far end of the compound... The fence... The perimeter fence had been knocked asunder; it sloped sideways. At this point a thought occurred to Edwin; it was time to have another adventure. So Edwin set off into the wilderness on that day on which the heavens opened and the Union invaded, Edwin still doesn't fully understand these invaders, he has his own spin on things though.

Edwin sauntered into the town of Belles, fixing his bow tie as he swaggered into the eerie Inn, he shouted a couple times before checking for supplies. Edwin had come to Ineu after hearing rumors of supplies and actual people living there, Edwin loved company and although he didn't admit it he missed Doctor Reed. Whenever people asked his name, Edwin would always just say "Doctor" and hope they bought it. He always liked the name, like the way he liked 'Doctor Moon' better than Doctor Reed. He didn't like the sound of Doctor Harkness though because it sounded like a geography teacher. "Names are funny." He would often say when hearing the ridiculous titles some traders bore as their names. In Ineu, Edwin hopes he will make some friends and generally try to scrape some enjoyment from a slow decline in his mental state brought on by lack of medication and his rather dire situation as a refugee.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Jacket
Has pockets for putting things in!
Made of some lovely tweed.

-Bow tie
Unmistakably cool.

-Dementia
Makes for a fun personality with a bunch of crazy stories to tell.

-Nickname
A nice nickname that makes the char more memorable.

Defects
-Jacket
Has quite a few holes in it.
Draws a bit of attention to him. (Though not much compared to others in OL)

-Bow tie
Some may argue against the coolness of the bow tie.

-Dementia
Degradation of Edwin's mental state means his stories will become muddled, his manor will be weird to anyone he meets which may provoke aggression.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to make a fun and interesting person to RP as on Outlands, he shall never be about resistance, weapons or murder and will be a very memorable refugee.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nobody else needs these auths except Edwin.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:06:26 PM by The Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline =[pG]=??¢ Griever

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Edwin Harkness's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »
1) I wish people would actually read the Half Life Universe back story or at least look at the time line. The 7 hour war was 2010

2) Yes. He's a great RPer, who i literally cant fault at all in his RP ability. +Support

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
1) I wish people would actually read the Half Life Universe back story or at least look at the time line. The 7 hour war was 2010

2) Yes. He's a great RPer, who i literally cant fault at all in his RP ability. +Support

The 7 hour war date in CG is actually 2015. In addition, valve has supplied no official dates for the combine invasion etc, so gg.

Since I'm posting, I suppose I should give my opinion - I've known and roleplayed with Dallas for about 9 months and have never doubted his roleplay ability. The back story is short but sweet and the authorizations wouldn't really bring around major changes.

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
Dallas is a good roleplayer, and multiple times I have seen him pull himself ICly out of sticky situations that require quick OOC thinking. His position in the CCA is testament to this, and the authorization applied for would in no way affect awnything in a negative way.
So I give him +troppus
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 01:40:35 AM »
I don't think the authorizations Dallas is applying for may cause any harm at all; and even if they could cause some, Dallas would be, no doubt, capable of handling them correctly. Knowing Dallas for several weeks, if not months, he has got my +support. Good luck :)

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »
If one more admin supports this, i'll go ahead and accept it.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »
Already stated multible times, so I won't repeat anyone.
Jonco, you've got my support so why don't you just go ahead and accept it? ;)

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
Alright.

i'll go ahead and accept this.

See a Basic Admin+ in game to have a name change.

locked and moved.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:01:13 PM by Jonco »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal