Author Topic: Emily Venus's Authorization Application  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Puppy

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Emily Venus's Authorization Application
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Puppy
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 10 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 7 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
* To be able to have advanced technology skills
* The ability to have basic repairing skills
* A dagger in crude condition
* The ability of basic Medical Knowledge as well.

Name: Emily Venus
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Emily Venus was born in the 70's, and was well cared for in her family, being the first child in the family. Emily payed close attention in her schoolwork and in-class, hoping to get a job in NATO when she grew up, however, with the current economy and recession, jobs were hard to get, and college was tight. Emily eventually got a position in Harvard University, and took advanced computer classes, as her father, who worked for Microsoft, taught Emily all about computers. Emily took notes, and tried her best in these classes that she worked hard to get into. She eventually got a job at a company that did best with Electronics and Computers. She quit the store, and went back to College, this time, hoping to get a degree in Basic Medical. She took a class for Medical, and started to study for that class, and earn a position in Sutter Health Care, after atleast three years of that class, she earned her degree, but did not get her position she desired. The Seven Hour war started in the 2000's, Emily was fascinated with the portal storms, in awe, but could not believe that invaders were coming to earth, and taking everything over. The Combine wiped the earth clean of all military and police forces, destroying everything that fought against the Combine in its path. The Combine loaded people into transports, and secured designated living areas for citizens to live in, and be enslaved. The Combine then deployed the Metropolician Forces, and shortly convinced some Civillians that the "Universal Union'", are there to help, when in reality, they are there to harvest Earth. Emily was not convinced by any of the luring propaganda that may have convinced others. Emily Venus met a man in C45 (The city she was assigned too), named Charon Feila, who was a construction worker back in the day, who worked extremely hard for pay. After sociliazing with this man, Emily told this man her true goal, and the man understood. Charon Feila taught Venus the basic skill of repairing, but without the actual physical demonstration, Charon taught Venus through paper and pen, what is required, and how to do it. Though Emily never conducted an actual repair, she thanked Charon for his kindness. One day in City Fourty Five, Venus was walking through an old road, and found a shard of metal, she reached out, and grabbed the metal, and put it in her pocket, which was full of various stolen supplies, duct tape, and other various sorts. Emily went to her designated apartment, where Charon lived, and sat down, she rested for a total of nine hours in order to gain concentration and rest. When she woke up, she rubbed her eyes and eat her breakfast, and took the supplies out. She took the piece of metal, studying it, she carefully took a rock out, and lay the Metal Blade against it. Emily tugged the metal blade against the rock, repeating this, she sharpened the blade after many days and nights, and the rock grew dull as well. Emily looked at the blade, and took the duct tape, wrapping it around the part of the blade where the handle would be, and wrapped it atleast eight times, and cut it off. She held the crude dagger in her hand, and stabbed it against the table, a loud "Thump!" could be heard, and she pulled it out, satisfied. She coughed into her arm, and put the Shiv in her satchel, as well as the fifty-eight pages worth of repair knowledge for certain things, such as doors, handles, and the such.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
* Advanced Technology skills
* Able to have a knife for self-defense.
* Will be able to heal basic wounds, cuts, gunshot wounds
* Able to repair basic things, such as a knife or an part of an object. (Computer, Door, etc)

Defects
* The knife may be difficult to conceal in her pocket as it would make a big bulge
* Would have to find medical supplies for wounds
* Would require a computer for her advanced technology skill
* Would require materials to be able to repair.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to create myself some roleplay with these perks, mainly because i plan to start a charity like place, with these perks i can fix the apartment and building i plan to set it in, and get started. The defects i would put my character to work on finding materials and an sheath for the knife, and medical supplies.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
I know the backstory may be poor, but i am slowly working to be better at backstorys, i apologize, and will fix the backstory to be more canon if requested.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Emily Venus's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
I'm not really a fan of the knife and repair authorizations, so I think i'm just going to have to deny those up-front right now. However i will give you a chance to redeem yourself in regards to the medical authorization and technogolical skill (However i would like to see this bumped down to a basic understanding, rather than advanced).

So, things i want to see improved to this backstory -
A more detailed line of events in her medical classes, things such as what type of skills she learnt, how well she performed, things of that nature.
What she learned from her farther in regards to computer knowledge.

I'm also a little weary on the technological authorization. Now my main concern over this is that you want a computer to go with this (Or to make one in the future), this in itself would require another entire authorization, being that the computer parts to make a fully functioning computer would be extremely difficult to assemble.

Offline Puppy

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
Alright, will do tonight, thanks for the constructive criticism.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
Accepted for basic medical knowledge and basic technology skill, rather than advanced as you applied for. Advanced sounds a little over powered.  However, if you show us that the RP you create with this auth is only good and nothing ridiculously over powered, I may rethink it and give you advanced after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal