Author Topic: rp_ineu_pass_v1b RELEASE (updated)  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
rp_ineu_pass_v1b RELEASE (updated)
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l4191a8amjn7247

I accidentally used a cardboard box infrom my L4D2 content rather then HL2 content. I uploaded a fix so you don't see an error, here: >DOWNLOAD<

This is a wilderness/hl2 outlands style RP map geographically placed in the Ineu mountains of Romania (though the brushwork is not geographically correct). It's a combination of the Episode 2 maps "ep2_outland_10" and "ep2_outland_10a" with some of my own brushwork to merge the two maps (the pass) as well as fill in some areas to make the map less linear. The map has buildings in the town as well as a small garage kind of thing erected on one of the hills. There are access points alongside the cliffs to climb up the cliff faces. The whiteforest station was converted into my own creation (the whole thing is my work aside from the outside entrance) of a bunker with a black mesaish looking mini lab. If you don't have episode 2, no worries. As long as you don't mind a little purple and black with a few errors here and there. I packed some of the materials and models into the map.

Here's a list of what the map includes:

-high skybox
-tons of walking space
-verticalness to decrease linearity and increase "room"
-soundscapes
-lab
-overwatch outpost (hit use on the helicopters cockpit to teleport to the forest)
-custom skybox
-attempted optimization via z-clip plane and model fade distance (will probably increase the fade next version)
-10 different refugee/rebel camps
-tunnel
-waterfalls

Credits
Valve - Brushwork "ep2_outland_10" and "ep2_outland_10a" and all Source Content (HL2, CS:S, EP2, L4D2)
Komaock - Skybox Texture
TopHATTWaffle - Waterfall Texture
SgtSickness - Sink Model
spaceship324 - Foliage Pack

Pictures:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:38:45 PM by Statua »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_ineu_pass_v1a RELEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
So... It's done? If so, I can't wait to start playing it. It looks just spectacular Statua, just amazing.

Edit:

Holy fuck this looks amazing, only problem I see is people claiming spots.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:29:31 PM by Bluff »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_ineu_pass_v1a RELEASE
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:24:03 AM »
When statua releases a bugfixed version i'll get it uploaded to the server and sort it out, then have it released.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal