Author Topic: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>  (Read 19543 times)

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Nuke

IC Character Name: Jack Sharps

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Hello there my name is Jack Sharps, Citizen Identification Number 97619 as required by the application process.It all starts along time ago with my father and grandfather. They have spent many hours teaching me to always respect all manners of authority. The first line they spoke each and every morning to me was, "Jack O boy you better respect law enforcement because they will be the one protecting your family and friends". Then one day on that faithful morning, was the day that changed it all for me.

The day started out as normal. Jack got up , and had his morning meal with his father and grandfather. The next thing he knew, this man, if you can even call him that, busted into Jack's house and tried to rob it.
As the man ran outside, an officer was driving by and Jack flagged him down. The officer went after the man. He soon got the man but from that day forward Jack wanted to follow in the officer's footsteps. He started trying to make himself strong so that he could have a career in law enforcement.

He never got the chance to join law enforcement as the 7 hour war started. As you could have expected law enforcement was no more after the 7 hour war.
That was until the civil protection came into being, Jack knew he had to join it to pay back the officer that saved him when he helped him out back then.
This is why he is asking to be let into the ranks so he can pay back the officer for all that he did.
Thank you for reviewing my application and I hope you would consider this.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Lawful
Helpful
Honest
Willingness to work as a team.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

What I am expecting is my character to have a hard time at first to learn all the stuff that is required of him.
My character would expect that he would be treated as a outsider in the CCA because he has just joined and would not know their way of doing things.
As my character builds on the lessons he learns from trying, he would start to feel more at home in the Civil Protection then he has felt in a long time.
He would also build on his skills and training and earn the respect of his superiors.

As the days go on he would build on the lessons of the days of his recruitment period.
He would start to get it down to reflex reactions, and start to do them automatically.
After that I expect my character to finally be able to act and move as a member of a civil protection team.
He would conform in the end to the full beliefs of the Union and become one of their many soldiers.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

The back story of my character is a person who wants to repay something he believes he owes to a officer from a long time ago. My character wanted to live up to his father and grandfather. He had no mother since she died during his birth. He spent his time learning about law enforcement and growing to respect it.
During the 7 hour war he tried to help people but had to run to the bunker to save himself as the area was blown up around him. As he got out of the bunker he was captured and taken to a holding area to be processed into a citizen. His first transfer was to the starting up city of city 85. This city was a test bed for the process of controlling citizen.
The streets were bathed in blood as some of the people of this city tried to take it back from the union. It did not work so well. He remembered a mass hanging in the park with over 200 citizens losing their life. Back in those days rations were disputed and fought over, sometimes violently.
He spent 6 months there before being moved to city 18 and he had to get used to that city where he saw how officers treated citizens there and that they were the nicest he had ever seen. He saw that their numbers were so few and wanted to join to help shape this new city into the safest city citizens could ever live in.
Now that he has been transferred to City 8 after spending time in City 18, he will keep up his goal of joining the civil protection, which he is looking forward to in the future. Well, he expects it to be very hard as first. He would need to learn the proper ways of his position. He might not get it at first, but he would try to learn it as fast as he could. He would spend a lot of energy on learning how to be the best civil protection officer that he can be.
He would try to build on past lessons as best that he could. He would always show up to do his job no matter how much he hated to do it. Because the job always has to be done no matter how bad it is. It would always be done to the best effort that he could do.
There will be some days that are pretty bad, and there will be some days that are pretty good. He's going to try and give it 110 percent everyday no matter what happens to him. He plans on spending the rest of his life as an officer and he plans on nothing happening to him anytime soon.
This will been the last job he plans on doing and he will be willing to give it his all, no matter what.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Over 4 Years since the early days of Gmod.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 3 and a half years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?  April 23, 2011 about 2 days before monkey with a gun convinced me to join the forum.

4. What Time zone are you in? (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 25

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Well one of the most memorable RP experience has to be a raid into what is called D2 on the server. Three Five-man teams entered from 3 ways. ( Bridge , Subway , Low Level ). Within 5 mins the team in the subway was wiped out by a well placed bomb. It caved in the subway and crushed the team under a lot of rocks.
The team I was in was engaged around the pizza shop.  After losing one man and 2 taking bullets in their arms and legs, we ended up dragging them into the building  and setting up a fire line with the 2 downed team members using they're pistols while me and another officers used our MP7's. We RP'ed flipping over a table and pushing it in front of the counter. After 35 mins of S2M, ( Shoot to miss ) The other team showed up, and with their support removed the anti-citizen problem.
I was tasked with carrying the officer that was shot in the legs back to the Nexus and it was the long way to due to the entrance of the Nexus that had caved in 2 days beforehand.
The officer recovered and our team got the Long Fight Medal ( Survive a major firefight against the enemy ). As an 04 I loved taking part in that event, and always wishing for more like that.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Sharps
CID: 97619
Height: 6.0
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 195
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: Minor Dyslexia
Mental Advantages:Quick Learner
Notable Qualities: A willingness to learn and performer what he is require of. 

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not.
2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
All the time.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life to the cause of the Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Their failure is my failure.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Until death I will remain loyal.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

To help the Civil Authority maintain order and control, and exterminate those who threaten the the peace of the Universal Union.
Also to help me pay off a debt I owed a officer from a long time ago.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jack Sharps  hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath.I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check. (7/14/11)
ACCEPTED.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:17:46 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Saoul

IC Character Name:  Saoul Gibson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Reading into Saoul's Journal (on the Forums too) shows that he's very against the actions and motions of the rebel or Civilian community.  He believes they're wasting their golden opportunity at living in what he views to be an amazing society. Furthermore, he is almost offended at the current actions of the lower recruits in the CCA, he does not believe them to be strict enough, a lot gets slid by and not investigated into. Apart from that, he idolizes the Officers. Easily intimidated by even a recruit, he spends a lot of his time just watching them and their actions.

With the recent attack on a City Administrator, he's gained a new respect for the Combine. He spent days in awe at their organization and fluency at the time. He wasn't too happy he was shot, but that's understandable and wants to look past that to join the group. Hoping to bring "good" to the city, he wants to be able to enforce the rule on a level that's accepted by the Combine. He spends lots of time documenting and interrupting any sort of violation around him, trying to always push his fellow Civilians to the "correct" path.

Saoul has spent all of his waking hours learning about the city and not building social interactions. Only with the transfer to City8 does he actually look towards the other Civilians as a source of learning. Every chance he gets, he is learning more and more about this new utopia and how it affects him.

Chaotic Good (If you played any D&D)
Loyal
Cold-hearted (No emotional ties)
Deviously Intelligent (A military engineer in his life [This will be awoken and triggered in RP soon {Current state: Forgotten in amnesia}])
Driven (Doesn't give up in his task, no matter the ramifications on himself)

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
What I expect is to change the game for the better, using the CCA status to bring Civilians back to rule, snuff out the Resistance and continue the Combine’s regime. Personally, it will give me something to structure my time around; currently I am out of school and have to mill around with no real purpose. So I am hoping having a “job” in this will keep me on a better schedule.
In character, I am hoping to further Saoul’s storyline down a more stable path that has an actual GOAL at the end. Civilian life doesn’t amount to much or go very far in the long run. Saoul wants to further his technological backdrop, but can’t in the current setting. He doesn’t much care for politics, but wants to be on the erupting edge of all new advancements in technology.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Saoul Gibson did choose his name, but not where he awoke. He found himself in the City18 Terminal with a pocket full of tokens, a CID card and his briefcase. He walked around the City for days, staring in awe at the world around him while avoiding all sorts of Resistance and possible threats.  He keeps his nose clean as much as he can and manipulates the other civilians for what he wants. He’s vehement consistent in his behavior of asking questions and acting on new information. Supporting the greater good whenever possible and eliminating any sort of disturbance.  He’s indirectly been the cause of the amputation of five Civilians. Filling their heads with illusions of promise in the second District was his plan, it worked successfully. He did not verify his “kills”, however. He just let them go. He’s met dozens of people, followed every rule and reported many situations of “Resistance”, but fails to find any sort of reward for such. His mind gets away from him when he’s idle and begins to make up things to better understand how his world works. From a completely outside stand-point I would consider Saoul to be very defensive, shut off, and nervous. He spends almost all of his time alone and doesn’t interact for long periods of time.
He (Saoul) is of the technical mind, finding himself waiting and watching more than being on the forefront and acting. He spent most of him time in a custom lab before the War. Manipulating electricity, metal and bio-matter was his specialty. He was looking for a way to bond mechanics into a living subject, absolutely what the Combine has done with their synthetics. He likes to be away from the activity and craziness of the city.  Currently in City8, Saoul resides in the top of the Abandoned Apartment Block working on bootlegged technology and performing his own experiments. He does his best to be an Overseer of the building, running out any sort of Resistance or social deviants.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
8 years; on various RPGs

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Two years this August.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A couple weeks (2), but very much enjoyed the experience and the community. They're "my kind of people", crude but helpful when needed. I am still working on integrating into the Community.

4. What Time zone are you in?
US-EAST

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?
Recently turned 19

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Most memorable is hosting a 50-man event on an MMO a few years ago; it was a clash of two armies. I was able to command a battalion of 10 men (and women) into a side expedition around the enemy force and we took their leader hostage. Quick, quiet, and clean.

I listen to authority easily and will help anyone, so I suppose that I am. I tend to have a long memory, so things don't need repeated often.

IC Section

Full Name: Saoul Gibson
CID: 63826
Height: 6' (Probably will change with a better diet)
Hair Colour Brown/Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: -N/A- (Character believes sex will get in the way of his goals in life [Straight, for reference, though])
Weight: 115 (Emaciated)
Mental Distinctions: Questions everything, but in it's own place. (Won't directly question orders, but may as "why" after completion.)
Mental Defects: Active Mind; is constantly thinking about something, related or not.
Mental Advantages: Exceptionally Intelligent and a good problem solver
Notable Qualities: Often malicious towards those that abuse what they have.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I have never been detained.

I forget to eat if I get caught up in a task, so not too regularly.

Yes, without question.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes; my hand, my order, my responsibility. Directly or Indirectly.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I always have been, this will never change.

The city is in a state of unrest, whether it wants to be admitted or not. Every day the Civilians get more gutsy and creative, it's not good for what is built here or was it hoped to be achieved.

I, Saoul Gibson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

I have not gotten an armband, nor know the status of my "Loyalty Points". I'm not sure how often they're awarded, or by who. Paragraph writing is not my strong suit, sorry. :(

Accepted for interview. Loyalist status confirmed.. (7/14/11)
ACCEPTED.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:09:23 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Lt Kyle

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
OOC Name: Lt Kyle

IC Character Name: Kyle J. Robinson

Kyle has always wanted to serve and protect the people from the criminals of his home since he was little. He had watch the news daily to see what horrorific acts the world commits and vowed to become a officer in order to prevent his hometown from becoming filled with what he saw. After losing all his friends and family it was hard for him to not feel lonely. He sought to join the Civil Protection to prevent others from losing their loved ones.

This became Kyle's goal, joining the Civil Protection, after seeing how well they have prevented crime throughout the world. He soon did everything he could to prevent criminals from rising in the city and reporting any suspiscous civilians to the Civil Protection, does whatever he can to help the Civil Protection.

He has lead a mostly loner life during the Universal Unions time on Earth. Not allowing any emotional ties to distract him from his goal of keeping the peace and protecting his home. His loyalty to the Union is what keeps him going along with his dream of join the Civil Protection to become closer to grasping peace. He will stop at nothing, even sell his own soul, to make it a reality.

Calm.
Cold-hearted. (Has no emotional ties.)
Frightenly Loyal.

I expect it to help me boost my RP experience, currently, my only expierence so far on CGHL2RP is just walking around as civilian, living in hobo camps, or talking to others. Wherever I go it's usually hard to find any RP, even just a small conversation, and with Civil Protection I hope to find more RP.

I want my character to expierence hard times learning, devote his life to help find his dream. I want my character to stop at nothing to achieve his goal which is his driving motivation to keep him going, and the Civil Protection can help him with that.

Kyle, ever since a young age, had loyal to those that also dreamed for peace, for a world that had no crime, no sins, no hatred. He had worked hard during school to bring his grades up so he could become a police officer or a politician, thinking becoming either of these will help him in his dream. That was until the Combine arrived. During the first few years of the Combine's reign, his family had passed away due to associating themselves with the criminals of the world, leaving him heartbroken by the betrayal of his family. He had helped the Civil Protection in whatever way he could. From watching the other civilians to stalking suspicous civilians who he had thought dared to "break the peace", he had gone as far as willing to sell himself to the combine to bring about the destruction of crime. Those who had tried to tell him the combine were ruining the life of humanity had soon had a "meeting" with the Civil Protection. He done whatever he could with his limited power as a civilian to help Earth's protectors, and hasn't regret anything he has done to make up for his mistakes in his past, or the mistakes of others. The majority of his time that isn't reporting criminals had been resting in his apartment or convincing civilians that the Union were the thing that Earth needed. Kyle prefers the organized way of living the Union had giving them, thinking that it helps keep the population under control, and preventing diseases that plagued humanity before which with the Combine, can help be prevented.

OOC Details

Several months if you mean since I joined them, total time playing on role-play servers? Around 1 month, from every server I ever played on.

Read above^. I play only on serious servers.

Several weeks.

I'm horrible with timezones, but East Coast?

America.

6. How old are you?

HL2RP which was 1 year ago, I was a rebel fighting the combine and had been captured. They had thrown me into the stalker changing process, losing my humanity and becoming slave to the combine. (The only time I earned a flag other then civilian.)

My listening skills depend on the person's mic, if it's clear then I can listen fine. But I prefer text most of the time, if the other person doesn't run away that is.

IC Section

Full Name: Kyle J. Robinson
CID: 63857
Height:6'0
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Weight: 150
Mental Distinctions: Thinks often on subjects that interest him.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: None.
Notable Qualities: None, average.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

To protect the civilians from the horrors of crime, and to make up for all his past mistakes.

I, Kyle J. Robinson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Note: I don't have a armband, and I don't know what my loyalist points are.

Denied unless Loyalist status can be obtained.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:25:44 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »
Locked for application review.

(7/13/11 @ 11:33 GMT -5)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:04 PM »
First cycle complete. Applications are open.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
I will be doing interviews, as well as other OfC+'s. Look for an OfC higher for your interview. 2:42 PM EST
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Tiger

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:07 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: {DD} Tiger

IC Character Name: Sarah Carrison

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Sarah Carrison was a young shy lady, at a young age, she had the oppertunity to take out her daily ration.
She got there early, it was her first time she stod first in line, a hour before it was suppose to be given out.
When the hour came, a person that was very tall and strong came and said: Is this taken?
Sarah was scared and said: N-no.
When the other saw this, she got a reputation of being weak.
Ever since this day she got pushed around, but she decided if she got into the CCA she wouldnt be harrassed any more.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Sarah Carrison is a Lawful, Diciplined and a loyal young lady.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? Not that sure but im sure it will be better experience then an Citizen. I am hoping to gain new RP experiences if I manage to join the CCA, I have always loved the RP within the CCA, I like the serious RP in it.
My character is a learning one, if she does a mistake, she makes up for it.
She is also a very self-diciplined person.

Sarah Carrison was one of the talking types, she was born and raised in a small town in a small town.
At the age of 23, she tried to become the spokesman for a local bookclub.
The day started normal.
She drove his car to the book club to have a speach why she would become the spokesman for the bookclub.
She stepped out of his car to see a portal storm emerge from the clouds, he got scared and ran into the libary.
She covered the doors and looked out the windows, alien like creatures emerged from the portals.
She hided him self in a small closet in the libary, having a small peak hole to the window, he looked at the creatures for a while and they saw her and she fled into the cover again.
56 seconds later she heard that the aliens tried to break open the door, he kept on barricading and barricading, until the aliens gave up.
Now that it was a bit safe, she got in his little hiding place and found a few book about Guns and Hand To Hand training, she started to read and read. With the help from the food supply in the libary this way she survived.
When the 7 hour war occurred she found a small military bunker and stayed there with a few friends from her school she stayed in this bunker while the 7 hour war lasted.
The time passed and the food disappeared...
It turned out the local fatso Barney have been stealing the food, one day Sarah got a frying pan and suprised Barney while he was sleeping, it was an bloody end.
A year later Sarah woke up in a small appartment, she walked outside and saw 5 men in a gasmask uniform beating 3 hobo'es to death for stealing food from the local stall, Sarah realised that it was best to be on the CCA side.
She started running errands for the CCA and finding the ''troublemakers'' and theire hideouts.
But, a person saw Sarah doing this and told the local ''troublemaker'' newspaper and they found out Sarah was doing errands for the CCA.
Sarah got hated and people showed her the finger, she also got shot at and hit in the arm. She found out he should join the CCA, and he wouldnt be harrassed for what she have done for the CCA.
He talked to the Superiour and got accepted.
It was the happiest day of Sarah's life, knowing somebody wanted her..

OOC Details

For about 3 and a half year now.

About half a year.

A few weeks.

Gmt+1

Norway.

6. How old are you?

On a SRP server, I was new one of my first times and thats when I got into it.
I was told to mug that person sitting on the bench as he was wealthy, I did so and it turned out to be a undercover cop.
The rest was a lot of torture.
It was quite fun :)

Yes I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Sarah Carrison.
CID: #96374.
Height: 5'40.
Hair Colour Brown-Hazzel.
Eye Colour: Hazzel.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 120.
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: A little shy, nothing big.
Mental Advantages: None.
Notable Qualities: None, pretty much average.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?Every day.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? So I can help keep the streets clean of anti-civil activity, and to keep peace amoungs the citizens.

I, Sarah Carrison hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Sadly, I am not sure if I have Loyality status.

Denied. Number 1 and 3 are too short. (7/14/11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:43:13 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

Offline Vulture

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: $$ Mysterious | $tranger $$

IC Character Name: Marcus Alseto

Marcus Alseto had always wanted to join something that provides peace and comfort to his kind of type. Something refering to finding a cure for cancer. He knew that asking citizens was a bigger source of getting that learning experience into himself but it's just like stepping stones but he was getting slow process. He couldn't find the resistance either... Strange matter of fact, he knew that they were all dead or still alive.

The resistance he thought were foolish, they didn't come up with there plans, they never seemed to recruit citizens and would always die during waivers or even starve to death, they too smelled bad. He turned to the Combine Civil Authority. He profoundly didn't get a job though back along time ago. He didn't think of doing anything but stay his way on living a citizen of his city. He still thought of thinking but nothing of a job came into his empty mind. His friends and parents were dead and he didn't have no one to speak to so he kept himself thinkful while sitting in his apartment, only getting lonely thoughts into his mind, urging to find something...

Now you say? Did he get the job? No he did not. Yet he still thinks on becoming a Civil Protection unit to further sustain the peaceful and comfort kept in to his mind. He saw what they did and he knew that there type was the right for his job so he furtherly recommends on becoming a CP. He one day signed a few papers handed out and sent them back... He only wants this job to... Well, to get more freedom and lead the right path to reaching peace and comfort within the city, he also doesn't have a apartment since he is low on tokens so he depends on getting accepted and making his Nexus base his home. He sometimes think that this 'light' will guide his way through the darkness. His only path was to face the CCA and try and get the job.

--Loyal
 --Non-Trouble Maker
 --Trustful
 --Cautiousness

Myself -- I want my roleplaying stage to gain higher when I join Combine Civil Authority, it's just like stepping stones. On almost every server I feel left out from roleplay, I can't really get that much PassiveRP nor ActionRP. I only been a CP once and I seem to fit that, I also noticed a lot of Passive and Action roleplay within it.

Character -- My character expects more crime to solve so that the city stays more Civil. He saw a lot of trouble happen in the city and it seemed all wrong to him. His only path was to join Civil Protection and help stop the crime within the city. Nothing can come in his way from stopping this achieving of his so he kept going and going.

THIS IS FUCKING LONG. I'm very sorry but I am very creative in stories. Sorry for the interruption but lets read shall we?

Chapter 1 : The Melee Fight.

The year is 2016. Marcus isn't caught by Breens benefactors just yet. He is on a bridge fighting against a other anti-citizen who looks like a rebel yet he wears original clothing left by the 7-hour pre-war (Pre-War is before the 7-hour war.) Marcus hesitates with anger. "C'mon you lazy cunt!" The citizen throws a fist at Marcus's face while his second attack is to fist at his stomach. Marcus gets hit and coughs, grazed but still in good condition. Marcus smiles angrily and throws a boot at the mans stomach, seeming to make him stumble. Marcus then throws two fists at his face hard, making him stumble more at the edge of the bridge. But then the citizen bleeds out from the nose with fear in his eyes, he screams "Watch out!". Marcus looks to his side and sees two lights coming his way, the car screeches on the road as he throws himself off the bridge and...

Chapter 2 : The soft landing and yet, luckiness.

Well, lands on a train leading to City8 (This is where the soundtrack 'Ravenholm' was suppose to come on, put that aside for now.) The place is dark and it seems that this rain is making his Civil Apparel wet. He grabs onto a metal latch and opens the notch, then pushing himself into the train. He looks around and sees all the citizens sleeping but one lady wakes up, spotting Marcus. "Ho-How y-" "None of your business..." Marcus would never forget that fateful moment. A citizen passes him a suitcase filled with C8 Civil Apparel. "Here mate, ya' goin' to need this when you enter City 8. I don't want them tearin' you a new ass.... Heh." Marcus grabs the C8 suit and puts it on, exchanging his wet and torn Blue Civilian Jumpsuit. Leaving the leather jacket behind. He makes his way to the back and throws himself on a seat, whispering to himself "Just like openin' a fortune cookie with a lucky message inside... Or was it my guardian angel? I don't know my possibilities what so ever but my answer is, whatever..." He suddenly stops talking and dazes into sleep on the train.

Chapter 3 : The day after. (Shows more detail of the character)

Finally arriving in City8. Marcus Alseto seems to not usually hang out with much friends. He keeps stuff private to himself and doesn't say it to anyone except his local Civil Protection team. The dispatch seems to make him insane but he gets used to it. He seems to confisicate and report contraband to them also and seems to report in resistance activity held behind the walls of City8. He doesn't have enough tokens so he relies on going around homeless camps with other volunteers around there. With no luck joining the resistance because of there low resources and yet stupid plans, he tries to join Civil Protection to stop anti-citizens within the city so he can aid the citizens around City8, even help his partners within the team. He is ready on what his enviroment goes against him.

Prologue - Extra Chapter : Don't tell me this ain't happening...

Marcus Altonio wakes up, devasted by the booms and gunshots echoeing through his ears like he is entering a large room. He panics and looks out his window, noticing a dust wall of grey smoke. Explosives and guns have been shooting by these unknown soldiers in unknown kevlar. "What the fuck are they doing here? Is this the militia? Rebels?" He gets his leather jacket on and runs out of his apartment, bracing for impact on what happens to him. He sees a local terminal truck waiting for him, the bus driver screams. "Get the fuck in here lad before they blow your horses!" Finally getting in the bus, they escape with a few other folks. A baby cries in the back as his caretaker the mother hesitates. "Ssssshhhhhh.... It's going to be okay." while others ask questions "What's going on?!" and such. The day turns night as he sees the bus driver crash, getting beatened by bullets as blood sprays over the windshield. The bus stops in a ditch. Marcus walks up to the door as the level is flat on, keeping balance, he opens it up, prying it open with all his might. Finally doing so, the citizens spread into the woods while he... The Lone Folk as everyone calls him, seems to walk on a road devasted by explosions. A helicopter is heard in the distance... A few days pass and he is starving. A manmade hel- Or was it a alienmade hell? Can't tell the difference but he doesn't know what the fuck is going on! That is where Chapter 1 starts.

Prologue - Extra Chapter : His childhood.

This is how it started. One faithful morning, Marcus didn't bother looking at the calendar so he went outside to breathe in the fresh air. His dad was gone at the gas station. His dad said that he would arrive late in the night, "Tell the kid that I'll be back tonight!" "Yes, honey!". His dad seemed wrong, he never came back that night and his mother paniced the next day. "Where's your father, dear?" Marcus was anxious and gulped down a pile of cereal in his throat, then hesitating. "He said that he will be back tonight but we didn't see him..." Marcus looked down at his dog Jacobs and shrugged, Jacobs sealed his head to the side, interested and let out a bark. Bad news came in as the police said this. "I'm sorry but your husband was found dead in the gas station with multiple bullets left inside his body..." Marcus's mother gasped and held her mouth in sadness, she bursted into tears. The next day was rainy and yet Marcus watched his mother on the bed crying, Jacobs peeked over his side noticing it. Marcus felt guilty and whispered "I know how it feels momma'...", he went into his bedroom and hovered his blankets over himself while Jacobs slept on the side. Both hearing his mother cry. The few years have past, turning 17 eventually. His mother leaned down, hesitating. "We are low on money, we don't have enough food so I'll buy some when I am done at work, stay safe dear." She kissed Marcus on the forehead and left. Marcus wasn't very suprised home-a-lone. A few hours past and the same thing happened again! His mother wasn't back in a lot of hours and Marcus packed his stuff. He brang the car to life and said "She aint coming back, jump on the passenger seat Jacobs, we are leaving our community behind." He packed up a lot of food, supplies and gas canisters in the trunk and then started driving on the road leading to... West London.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 years so far.
2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1.5 years.
3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Close to the start.
4. What Time zone are you in? (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
5. In what country do you live? Canada
6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? My most RP experience I ever had was when I into SlideFuse. I seen that it was one of the best servers you can enjoy, everything was different from anyother server and it seemed popular. My most favourite part of it is when I went into a bar made by someone and they gave me free canned beans! We became friends real fast and it seemed that the bar was getting full that PassiveRP was becoming more and more bigger. The bar become closed after 2 hours of partying and I RP'd walking out. It seemed to be beast as hell I couldn't believe my eyes.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I sometimes wear microphones, so that would be a Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Marcus Alseto
CID: #98999
Height: 5'10'
Hair ColourChestnut (Dark Brown.)
Eye Colour:Green
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight: 155 lbs
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects:Slight Amnesia (Doesn't know his birthdate but knows his age. He doesn't know the current location of his dog Jacobs.)
Mental Advantages:Intelligent.
Notable Qualities:Cautious of his surroundings.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I never played on Marcus Alseto in a long time because I recently play Nick Altonio. I keep thinking a lot about this but I think this question would deserve a No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, everytime.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Everything that the UU does wrong will be my own responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? As long as I live, Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? The civilians seem to get more anti and yet some of those loyal ones seem to be decreasing by the looks of it as I scan the streets with my eyes. I want to join CP to stop the gaining of anti-citizens of any city, also to citizens that dear threaten, assault, kill or perform any other actions that assault a officer will be tracked down, including those who break the law/rules of the Universal Union.

I, _Marcus Alseto_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted. Pending loyalist check. (7/18/11)Loyalist status confirmed (7/19/11) ~Statua
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:12:50 PM by Statua »
Give me a blasta'! Sure mate, DOSH DOSH DOSH DOSH DOSH DOSH DOSH.

Frank West + Chuck Norris = hl2.exe has stopped working.

Y U NO STAWP R33D1NG DIS?!

ded. nawt beeg sirprize.

ALT Account: The Mysterious Stranger

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 01:28:02 AM »
Void this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:37:36 PM by oG ]KidRauhl »
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 10:09:25 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: ARCTICWULF

IC Character Name:

Nashlonson McAstermentanimoe

He wishes to become a Civil Protection officer because he only has experience in one thing, keeping the peace. He was a police officer for a short time, but learned many things, and how to deal with them.  He learned that just because Earth has a new ruler, doesn't mean there is not any crime. He has witnessed several illegal acts, such as, a citizen passing the barrier into the other half of the city, and told an officer, he did not believe me because he couldn't find the citizen, and let it slide. It's simple things like that he looks out for, it's simple things like that, that must be justified. He is also always serious and alert on the job, and knows how to deal with individual citizens respectively.

He also strongly believes in all the good Breen and Our Benefactors can bring to the world and wishes to protect that, he understands that he is not there to protect the citizens but to protect Civil Order within the city. What lead up to the decision is when my character was being beat down by other citizens in the slums, when three Metropolitan officers came and helped him. Until he was moved to the city, and up to that moment, he was very fascinated and interested in the job and duties the officers carried out, and how they helped other citizens. With Nash knowing how helping these units could be, he wanted to become a part of them, and help others, how they helped him.

He wants to see what it is like to search a citizen for illegal contraband, and to guard a checkpoint. He thinks that making the rounds and clearing out an apartment would be really interesting and a new perspective on what it is like to be on the other side of the law. He wants to distribute rations and tell citizens to "Isolate". Another reason why he wants to join the CCA is because he wants to maintain Civil Order and defend it from resistance.

Loyal
Determined
Clever

I think that I would really enjoy it because I like to keep things in order. I also think it would support my sense of command and being a part of a chain of command. I think that being an MPF would be a cool experience. I also believe that it would be a big change in the game and make it more interesting and different. It would also give me a different look in the world of half life 2. This also might give me even more of a challenge for me. I also like to feel like I have some power.

Fun, Serious at some moments, Saddening at some moments and maybe even scary.  Fun in some moments such as in the MPFs reunite to talk and chat, maybe tell jokes or just tell stories with many twists and ends. Serious at the parts of arresting, inspections and patting down citizens these parts should be serious and ruthless so the MPFs have an image of serious business and no play. Scary at some points because my character is a cold hearted person who doesn’t care so having to see someone executed would be extremely boring for him.

Nashlonson was born June 19, 1980. He was born to a family of immigrants from Ireland. When he was 2 years old, his family moved from Ireland to New York City. When he was 7 years old he was able to go to school. He excelled in history and gym classes. When he was 10 his family had accumulated enough money to move to a suburb in New Jersey. There he started school again, and encountered his first love in life, baseball. He was an A student all the way up to high school where he didn't make the baseball team freshman year. His grades began to drop off and he was hanging out with the wrong crowd. When he was a junior, he was kicked out from his high school for assaulting a teacher and fellow students in a fight at the cafeteria. After he was kicked out, he began working at miscellaneous jobs such as loading boxes into trucks, bike messenger, and taxi driving. When he was 18, he signed up for the United States military and joined the paratroopers. He found another thing he excelled at, discipline. When he graduated cadet school, he became an officer at boot camp and spent 3 years training troops. When America went to war with Afghanistan, he chose to be deployed along with his graduating class of soldiers. He spent 2 tours of duty serving in Afghanistan where he received a medal of honor for heroic actions when a roadside bomb went off. He then went in with the invading forces during the Iraq War in 2003. He spent the next year serving in Iraq. When the Portal Storms began, he went back to the United States and spent time working for a private security company in New York. In 2010, a month before the Combine invaded, some criminals killed his parents in New York over a loaf of bread and he decided that people were no longer good. He went overseas to England. When the Combine invaded, he spent the whole 7 hours sitting in his apartment, contemplating suicide. After the Combine secured Earth, he began helping with the reconstruction of the cities.

OOC Details

I have been Rolplaying on Garry’s Mod for about 2 years.

For about the last year and a half

So far, One hour, but don’t get me wrong, I’m a very good RPer.

EST, UTC -5 Hours.

The United States of America.

6. How old are you?

Thirteen years of age.

When I was in a HL2RP situation where I was getting beat up than some Units came over and detained him.

Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name:

Nashlonson McAstermentanimoe

CID:

36 (Assuming the year is 2016)
Male

Height:

6’2

Hair Colour

Red

Eye Colour:

Blue

Sexual Orientation:
Strait

Weight:

187 Lbs.

Mental Distinctions:

Clever, hyperactive mind.

Mental Defects:

Amnesia, I cant remember his childhood, all he knows is from a scrapbook my parents made.

Mental Advantages:

Hyperactive mind.

Notable Qualities:

Determined.

No.

Yes.

Absolutely.

I understand.

Until the last breath I ever take.

I would like to join because, Firstly i am a very good leader, Secondly i am not very suseptible to being corrupted or bribed, it is not in my nature to be vulgur or violent without some cause of me being angry. I have had a lot of expireience being a leader of groups, clubs, etc. Fourthly if i did not think i was right for the job i wouldnt be making the application.

I, Nashlonson McAstermentanimoe hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied. Backstory lacks a huge amount of character development. Innaccuracies regarding the fact that the U.S. military does not generally accept non-high school graduates (the Paratroopers does not and has never.) (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:06:01 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
OOC name : Darkshifter98

IC character name: Mike Daring

Mike Daring has wanted to join the Combine Civil authority ever since he was first moved to City 7. Where crime was a common thing and not many officers were around. On a daily basis, Mike would be beaten, mugged, or even throw down the stairs. Since living in City 7 Mike swore that some day he would be part of the Combine Civil Authority.

It seemed like everywhere he went there would be some kind of violation. But he would be too scared to infrom an officer or an officer would just be no where near by. So he would have to ignore the violation as best as he could. He almost never hangs out with other citizens because he's afraid he might get in trouble because of their actions.

About a year after the 7 hour war he started seeing more officers roaming the streets. He then found out that he could sign up for the Combine Civil authority. The main thing that got in his way was that he didn't have loyalist status. He tryed in city 7 and he tryed when he was transfered to city 18, but no luck. But he finally made got it when he was transferred to city 8.

Mike is always respectful towards authority. Whenever he talks to an officer he refers to them as "sir" or "Ma'am". He is also very brave. Whenever he encontered a lawless rebel he wouldn't just lay down and die. He wouldn't just let them beat him. No he would fight back and not stop until he was unconscious.

Me and my character are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be a challenge. But that doesn't mean me and my character are going to be scared away easily. I'm mostly expecting to patrol around and arrest lawless citizens and help citizens with what they need help with. But I think that won't be all me and my charcter will be facing.

Me and my character will also expect the unexpected. Whenever and wherever it may be. It might also be frightning at times. Like breaching into an apartment of someone in possension of armed weaponry holding someone hostage or sweep a restricted area that might contain people in possesion of armed weapons and probably hiding in the shadows.

)4 Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Mike was born in a place called "Washington" or he thinks thats what it was called. During the seven hour war he was hiding in an underground bunker. He doesn't remember who's bunker it was but he was hiding in it anyway. After a few hours a man in a blue jumpsuit came in and plopped a blue jumpsuit like his on the floor in front of me. Then quickly walked away before I could ask him what was going on. After putting on the jumpsuit he emerged from the bunker to find the town he once knew was reduced to a pile of smoking rubble. He remembers seeing a pack of three legged walking creatures which he later found out were called "Hunters". (We'll get to that later) For a while he lived in place called city 7. Where most people were confused and scared. But some people went around beating other people up for rations. I was sometimes those people but back then there weren't many officers. About a year after the war, Mike found out he could become an officer. But first he needed loyalist status. He tryed but he didn't get loyalist in city 7. One of the ways he tryed to get loyalist status was the Combine Civil Authority were trying to detain two men, I tackled one of them but before they knew I hit him I got caught in the crossfire, getting a bullet wound in my stomach. I passed out and woke up in the Nexus. Thats where an officer said he did surgery and removed the bullet from my stomach. But he said he would leave a scar that would never go away. Thats when I knew I had to become an officer. After a while Mike was put on a train to city 18. Where he lived for about two years meeting various people and officers. Some people were bad and some people were good. After getting settled into city 18, Mike tryed to do various good deeds to try to get loyalist status. But he was never noticed because of some of the crime that happened in city 18. Remember when I said that I would say when I know what a hunter was? Well one day they were passing out rations, after getting my ration, I headed down by the CWU building to eat the contents of my rations. While eating, I saw the creature run across the Plaza! Later, i asked an officer what it was he said it was a "Synth", but they call it a Hunter. For a while he lived in city 18 but then he was transfered to city 8. It was a nice place to go because it was located in Japan, so I got to meet a lot of new people. There, at city 8, is where he got loyalist status. Although some of his friends he met in city 18 didn't approve. He didn't care what they thought. People started treating him different but he just brushed them off. So once he got his loyalist status he went and got an application.

OOC Details

Probably for about two years.

About a year.

I would say about two or three months.

Pacific Time Zone

United states

6. How old are you?

I was playing PERP and two men were armed on the roof of a house we had police officers EVERYWHERE! Police cars were being used as cover and there was even a paramedic hiding in one of the backyards. But the server ended up crashing.

I do consider myself a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Mike Daring
 CID: 24311
 Height: 5'8 feet
Hair Colour Dark brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Weight: 130 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Very good listener
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Fast runner

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Never

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?  Always, I eat them almost right after I get them there so good.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Always.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Forever and always.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To forever bring peace to city 8.

I, Mike Daring hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied. Backstory not written from a third person view. 1 and 3 are short. (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:08:08 PM by Burning Bullet »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Delta

IC Character Name: Fred Kirk

I wish to become apart of the Combine Civil Authority because I want to teach the citizens of city 8 what is wrong and what is right. I wanted to become part of the Combine Civil Authority for a while. I have always thought and known that the combine may look bad from what others say and yes that is sort of true but on the other hand they are doing the right thing! If there wasn't the combine around everything would be the same. There would still be crime. But now that the combine has taken over have you seen a lot of crime? Never because they inforce the rules and teach those people who don't know bad from good.

Everything that the Combine Civil Authoritys have done for me over the time of my life as Fred Kirk has been good sure it may include some stunsticks but that is just a reminder of what you shouldn't do! If i ever see somone who was doing civil offences to the Combine or the citizens i would get them as soon as i could! I would handle a situation like that just like this. I would walk up to the citizen and say "Stay where you are face the wall!" Tie them up to prevent being hurt or killed search them ask them name and citizen id then take them to the cells or just hit them with a stunstick to teach them a lesson and then after it's all done untie them and let them go.

I'v always been good to the Civil Authoritys i would report civil offences. I have only been tought a lesson by the Combine a couple times but it was for a good reason i got cought for selling without a permit only because i didn't have money and no food and was about to die so i was doing it to survive! I have always been just sitting around maybe opening up a ration and when i see somthing bad as fast as a lighting bolt i find a CP and tell them and they always get right on it.

Loyal
Trustworthy
Brave
Smart

I expect from the Combine Civil Authoritys trainning to help me get better and learn the basics of how to work the tools. I also expect a trained Civil Authority to be with me for a while to give me support when i need it.
I would like as a weapon a shotgun and the standard Civil Authority pistol. I think being apart of the Combine Civil Authoritys would be an amazing job i hope my co workers would be nice and respectfull to those who are there co workers

I expect this job to be fun at somtimes annoying with all the citizens asking you stuff. Maybe even a bit stressful at times on making the right call if there is a citizen in danger or doing somthing that could harm others. I know i would always be on guard safe and sound or in the middle of a war i would always stay on my feet and ready to spring into action to fight for the greater good of the world!

My characters name is Fred Kirk he was just your average person wakes up go to work and come home when he was first brought to the city by the Combine they where hard on him he got pushed around. Fred got moved to City 18 which was fine for him the rations where good the people where friendly and the Civil Authoritys where nice (not when you did somthing bad). After a year of being in City 18 he got moved to a workers camp which was unknown. Fred had been knocked out to keep the rebels from finding out where the camp was. He was forced to work and live in one tiny house with the rest of the citizens. Breaking wood getting pushed around getting 5 minute weapon search. Then came that one day where Fred and some of his friends where placing metal plates on the ground then he heard a loud bang. He saw a Combine hunter helicopter fly over and it's right wing was all on fire. Most of us stared at it some just worked. Then out of the blue the heliopter started opening fire on the citizens. But not just the citizens even the Combine we all rushing around in panic some died most like Fred ran to cover. After the attack we got told we where being moved and the camp was getting shutdown. We where all so happy but Fred and his friends got assigned to diffrent citys. Fred Kirk was located to city 8. When Fred first got there he had no clue what to do he knew no one and had no job. So he wondered around for days eating what he would fine. Then he found a friend that helped him when he was hurt and Fred helped him when he was hurt. But then Fred lost his money and once again had nothing. After that day he wanted to work up for the Loyalist Armband and worked hard for it then thought. If i'm trying to help the Combine Civil Authoritys why not just be one! So he did and here i am now writing this application to be apart of the Combine Civil Authority team to prevent the bad

OOC Details

I'v been playing RP servers on Garrys Mod for about 250+ Hours.

I'v been playing on serious servers for about 200 hours of the time.

Between 10 and 15 hours.

Pacific.

Canda.

6. How old are you?

Fourteen.

When me and my friends where running away from a Combine Hunter Helicopter that was shooting at us.

Always a god listener!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name:

Fred Kirk

CID:

Male

Height:

6’1

Hair Colour

Brown

Eye Colour:

GREEN

Sexual Orientation:
Strait

Weight:

196 lbs.

Mental Distinctions:

Smart, Brave,

Mental Defects:

Nothing

Mental Advantages:

Brave

Notable Qualities:

Smart

Once because i was caught selling without a permit but it was the only way to survive and get food (I had no money)

Yes and i enjoy them!

All the time!

Yes.

Always.

I would like to join the Civil Authority because i want to make the people who do the wrong things right and help those who don't understand the meaning of what ever they don't understand. Making the world better one small step at a time.

I, Fred Kirk swear mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
 [/b]
Denied. Application is riddled with grammar mistakes. (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:11:12 PM by Burning Bullet »

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Canada -

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »
OOC Name:Canada

IC Character Name:Alexander Weston

Alexander Weston, a small town mechanic in the back-hills of Canada. Simple life, nothing special.
He had two kids, son and daughter and was left to care for them, as his wife passed away at birth of the son.
He was a gentle and caring father, and always made sure his children received the best education he could get.
When the portals came, riots started in his small town, his daughter split away from him and only left with his son to find out what was happening.
When the Universal Union used the portals to gain access to Earth, and established Cities all over the world they we're both taken together and later split up in different cities and never saw each other again. Alexander, a griefing father losing both his daughter, wife, and son with only one last hope of being reunited with his only family member he looked towards the Civil Protection. With eyes all over the city and information on every citizen he knew that his only way of gaining access to his Son was through the Civil Protection. Fresh off the train, he is a newly appointed Citizen of City 8. A fresh start, a new life, and with determination in his eyes. He brushed off his sleeves, put his suitcase down, and went to the nearest recruitment station.
 He received an application, once then he found a pen and started reading it. He looked around, and noticed many others filling out applications, he felt almost as if he was fighting for this position within the Union. He rubbed the back of his neck, let out a long-drawn out sigh. He used his mouth to pop the cap off the pen and started filling it out.

Friendly, Lawful, Caring, and Fatherly Instincts.

I expect it to be a well-oiled machine, of both cooperation and teamwork. My character striving to be the best he can, to prove to his superiors his worth in this world. Teamwork, constant communication, and always in radio contact always reporting in-and-out if it be his position or a suspicious activity. Cooperation, giving upmost respect for his superiors and obey them till the very end, no matter what task is at hand.
   His background will be very respectable in his fellow officers eyes, and will be used to Unions advantage.
Always keeping the Union working, the backbone if you will. He will give his life to the Union. Determination is only the beginning trait he reveals. This is what it will be like for me and my character.

Born July 4th, 1980. Alexander Weston has always been a lawful and trustworthy person before and after the war/invasion. He grew up in a fiercely religious family, even if his views we're different he kept them to himself, due to the fact that his parents would act irrational towards him. From past experiences like that, he trained himself to keep his mouth shut on certain situations, which became a great asset later on in life. He played no sports, had little to no friends, almost a loner type of child. He never meant any harm to anyone, he's never been in fights but that didn't mean he couldn't defend himself when the time would arise someday. He was always a loving person and cared for a lot of lives, no matter how much he was ignored. Before the war/invasion, being a mechanic in a small town he would always try to help you out if your car broke down. He would keep prices low and make you feel like family. He was a loving familyman, making sure his family had the essentials and teaching his kids right from wrong. After the portals came, and his family split apart, he was eagerly searching them out. When citizens we're relocated into Cities, he wants to use the Civil Protection to his advantage, and find the files of his children and locate them once again. Little does he know, he will be brainwashed into serving the Union and seeing his Children as scum for not following in his now more important footsteps. He will show no remorse as he climbs the ranks within the CCA, and all emotion will eventually be drained from him as soon he will be overcome by logical thinking and disregard emotion. This is the perspective on my emotional turned logical character.

OOC Details

Four years.
Four years.
About a week, just made an account this day.
EST
United States
6. How old are you?
The execution of a citizen on my JURY.OfC back on Relentless RP. It was a very detailed and emotional experience.
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name:
Alexander Weston
CID:
Height:
6'1
Hair Colour
Black
Eye Colour:
Hazel
Sexual Orientation:
Straight
Weight:
Mental Distinctions:
Quick-minded, constantly thinking.
Mental Defects:
None.
Mental Advantages:
None.
Notable Qualities:
Quick learner, pays attention to detail, and multitasker.
No.
Yes, anytime our Benefactors allow us.
Yes, my life to further the advancement.
Yes.
Without any doubt within me.
Use my abilites to advance the Universal Union to further reaches. I will fiercely defend the Universal Union name, and never let it fault into shame.

I, Alexander Weston swear mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied. Number one asks for reasons along with supporting details, not just a backstory.(7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:13:18 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: [508th_PIR] Jacknife

IC Character Name: Jackson Parks

Jackson was born to trust. Whether he trusted the right people or not was up to opinion, but he put his trust in something or someone, and he didn't let go. This wasn't something he'd thought up consciously. It was bred into him by his father, who worked in an advertising agency. Jackson remembered going to his father's work, and seeing all the posters and billboards of the happiest people alive - the consumer. This since of false trust led him down many paths. He sometimes trusted the right people, and that made him a much better person. More often than not, however, he was lead into trouble.

The invasion happened when he was 17. His eyes marvelled at the luminescent colours of the portal storm that flashed brilliantly around him. He saw machines of war seemingly fall from the sky, and man fall from its once high place. It was luck that leads him to be alive, and to place trust in the CCA. He was being mugged at the time of the portal storm. Two men were brutally assaulting him, making wild and angry swipes at his head and chest. The combine burst down the street, and fired their drums in a mechanic and calloused way. The men stumbled and fell as a pool of blood dripped out of their skin. He, however, was untouched. The combine simply looked at him and ran away. He didn't know whether it was pity, remorse, or just plain luck that saved him. But as soon as the combine won the war, he knew that he wanted to be a part of that team that worked so fluidly and quickly to save his life.

He strived to join the CCA, as he placed his trust in their supreme ability to govern the world. The propaganda that surrounded him consistently only added fuel to his burning desire to join the CCA. He became an avid loyalist, cleaning the sidewalks, helping the CCA, and doing everything he could to be seen as a dependable citizen. Finally, after a few years of labouring, he was awarded with a loyalist armband. He was overwhelmed. He could finally become a part of the organisation he looked up to and trusted.

An underlying reason why he was joining the CCA was that Jackson had the desire to be accepted by a group. Jackson lived a mostly solitary life as a child, as his father's work often brought him all over the world. He found the feeling of moving to a new place and knowing no-one frightening. Jackson hated moving around, but his father had to keep working, and work was hard pressed to find. Jackson often tried to seek out groups to try and gain loyalty and trust within them. This is why he trusted people so easily - It was easier for him get trust if he trusted the other people in the first place.

- Logical thinker: He will be given a large problem, and have the ability to break it down into smaller tasks and prioritise them in order to get the larger goal done.
- Dependable: If you ask him to do a task, he will do all in his ability to achieve it.
- Morally susceptible: He is like a mould that is able to be changed by the people around him. He will become as nice or as calloused as the people he has been with or is being with.
- Decisive: Despise being morally susceptible, he is able to thrive in leadership positions due to his quick reactions to all problems. He is not suited to a high command position, but is perfectly capable of positions that require leadership.

(OCC - What I think)
I've played as the CCA on other server before it went under, so I think it’ll be like that. From what I've seen however, it's shaping up to be something fantastic. Formation, tactics and training are all something I find appealing, and so I can't wait to receive and hopefully one day gives training and improve tactics. I think I'll enjoy it a lot, from its comeradine to its strict systems it sounds extremely appealing for a man such as myself. I'm also doing it for my character. My character strives to be accepted. He wants that feeling that he is a part of a coherent team and that he can co-ordinate together. He doesn't feel he fits anywhere else.

(IC - What my char thinks)
It's my char's dream to be in the CCA. He understands that there might be challenges that await him, or that the CAA might not quite be what he expected, but he has chosen this direction and is willing to go headstrong into any challenges that wait. He expects a comeradine that he will find enjoyable - he likes being within and co-operating with a team. He also likes the strict discipline within the CCA. He knows that he will be rewarded for good work, and punished for bad work. Everything becomes a lot easier if he joins the CCA.

Note: Having read 1) is presumed knowledge

Jackson had hoped to be a doctor when he had grown up. He had watched all the medical TV shows every day after school, and he had laughed gleefully as a child when he got his fake plastic doctor kit. These wishes never materialised as his life was turned around by the 7 hour war. He still wanted to be a doctor, as the methodical approach to helping people appealed to him greatly, but he would not be able to do this in the new world. Instead, he picked up what he could from citizens or the CCA. It became one of his primary hobbies - to collect medical knowledge and remember it.

Jackson was not a part of any social group - He didn't really conform to anything at all. He didn't even conform to the non-conformists. He was stuck in a limbo because of his father’s often unreliable working arrangements (See 1) for detail). He then tried to join any group he could. When that didn't work, he modelled himself off one group that struck him to the heart. He chose his groups carefully and concentrated hard to get into it. This worked to an extent, as he was solidifying his character and not becoming such a malleable person.

Jackson had made it to City 8 by chance. He was being re-located to C18 when the new re-location took place, meaning that he had two straight relocations in a row. He was tired and very hungry when he arrived to C8. To add on to this, he did not receive rations for two days due to a glitch in the distribution cycle mainframe. After recovering from his brief bout of hunger, he strove to help the CCA in this city strive.

He finally got his armband when he was assisting an officer transferring an unconscious man. The man was beating for civil disobedience, and while they were getting him into a position where they could lift him, Jackson offered to carry the man to wherever he needed to be carried. The officer quickly acknowledged his loyal deed and gave him the points required to receive a loyalist armband. Jackson was overjoyed at the prospect at finally being able to join Civil Protection, and after thanking the officer probably, he bounded off to prepare to apply for the CCA.

(Real in game experience)
His want to join the CCA solidified when he was assaulted by a man in the street with a sharp weapon, penetrating his stomach. The CCA came to the rescue and amputated the man, while giving Jackson medical attention in the medical bay. One of the RCT's struck his fancy especially. He helped Jackson recover well and made sure he was well attended. He soon staggered out of the hospital with the primary goal to join the CCA as soon as he was fit to.

OOC Details

4 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1.5 Years

Close to 2 weeks.

GMT +10

Australia (Mate)

6. How old are you? 15

On an old HL2RP server in Australia, I was working with a combine patrol while we were being inspected by an Overwatch commander. While we were patrolling, we were ambushed by a rebel group. We fought for about 30 mins using RP, shots being traded both sides as we finally managed to withdraw with 2/5 casualties, and the overwatch commander unscathed. We were all commended for our fighting, and we held a funeral service for our casualties. One of the best RP days of my life.

This question could be perceived in two ways, so I'll clarify. I do listen well if someone is saying something, regardless if I have a different or opposite disposition towards it. However, I will not hesitate to voice my concerns if I have any. This does not mean I will challenge leadership IC. My char and even I have respect for the higher ups in the CCA and sometimes you must trust their judgement, and will always listen to what they have to say and acknowledge it at the least. I feel it is important to point out in this however that I may have differing views on how I should work IC or OCC (Not that I probably will, but...), and that listening to me is just as important as listening to someone else.

IC Section

Full Name: Jackson Parks
CID:#74544
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 72KG
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: I can sometimes be a bit dry, and I will admit I am not the creative type, but sometimes I have flashes of creative brilliance.
Mental Advantages: One thing I have learned in my life is how to understand how an unremitting liar thinks, as these are often the bane of many organisations. [(OCC) An unremitting liar is someone who lies constantly, and belives his own lie to such an extent that he often belives that his lies are the truth.]
Notable Qualities: I sometimes show incomprehensible determination towards things that may seem banal. This does not mean however that I loose sight of what is important and refuse to let go.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Socio-stability Infringement before? If so, explain?

Negative, I have never been detained for anti socio-stability matters.

Yes, I recieve and eat rations at every given ration call.

I would think nothing but to surrender my life for the UU.

My actions are my actions only, not as the result of other possible deviating factors.

I will be faithful now and forever.

I want to join the CCA because I want to promote peace and socio-harmony. This is a goal I share with the CCA, and it is a goal I wish to propagate throughout the city. I believe this can be achieved through hard work and compliance to the UU. I want to work as a team with my fellow Civil Protection officers to try and make this city the harmonious city I know it can become.

I, Jackson Parks hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted. Pending Loyalist check. (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:43:34 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Gia251

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Gia251

IC Character Name: Jon Man

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.my character Jon Man is so lonely, and hungry, desperate to do something worthy with his life before he dies, He's come up with many ideas, but none of them work, such as becoming a loyal citizen, trying to make friends, But people tell him to piss off, Because he smells. And so he had one last idea, Joining the Metro Police force.

He was so exited about the idea when it came up, all that was going in his mind was, Weapons, Body armour, exiting missions. And he was so forced into this idea from his brain, he went and put an application in, once he had done that, He had waited and waited days for the combine to tell him that he had been accepted.

He had thought of what he was going to do when he got accepted, First he thought of patrolling, and watching anyone to see what they would do wrong. Then he thought he might get promoted and training other recruits how to handle delicate situations. and how to use a weapon when needed most. He was so exited about the job, and he can't wait for it.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) He is Trustworthy and lawfull and will patrol the city without trouble.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?Me and my character are expecting reasonable hours and reasonable food, with training and knowing how to deal with the most "toughest" citizen, I would expect to go on missions with the DvL and other MPF units around City 18.

To be able to patrol around the plaza and deal with the citizens who are being idiots, and teaching them what NOT to do. He tells everyone what to do if there is a problem and will call for backup when needed. If hewants to arrest somebody he calls in backup and he will confirm the suspect of any probelm and arrest him.  His background will be very respectable in his fellow officers eyes, and will be used to Unions advantage.
Always keeping the Union working, the backbone if you will. He will give his life to the Union. This is what he expects

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Back when he was a kid He watched as the combine took over in under 7 hours. He watched as the merciously controled every city, every block, and every citizen of the world. When he heard there was a rebelion going on and that they were winning he decided to start loyalty training. Years later after finished with the training He decided to join the Combine and push back the rebel scum. This is where he stands today, signing up for an application to join the CCA.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 6 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 5 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?  5 years

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern Timezone (USA)

5. In what country do you live?United states

6. How old are you?17

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I blocked off a fleeing suspect and had the police take him away.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes, very much i watch the chat listening for any problems and help the combine whenever i could.

IC Section

Full Name: Jonathan Manfred
CID: 21812
Height:5'10"
Hair Colourbrown
Eye Colour:green
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight: 280 pounds
Mental Distinctions: big chin and small head
Mental Defects: slightly large
Mental Advantages: Advanced listening skills
Notable Qualities: Determination to get the job done and to create and hold order

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Everyday

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, because it is needed to keep order within a serious roleplay and will never change due to any reason whatsoever.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, i will read the whole handbook and keep aware and accept all my actions.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, as said before i will never leave this Union for no matter what reason.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? Because all my life i have seen these people as just regular police officers and there is not much action going on as a citizen and would like to join the force.

I, Jon Man hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied. Backstory is extremely short and undetailed. (7/18/11)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:04:00 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal