Author Topic: Movement Bug  (Read 2008 times)

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
Movement Bug
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »
I have been experiencing a bug in the city lately that makes me stay seated and slide or hop around when I try to stand up. I'm not sure if it's a fixable bug, but I thought I should post it here because it's a bug that affects the RP pretty heavily. If anyone knows something I could do to help correct it, please post it here. Thanks.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Movement Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
If you are talking about thing I have seen myself already - being a model glitch making you visible to other people as sitting even when you are not in /animsit or chair anymore, it is best to reconnect. Sometimes the bug gets fixed after several /charfallover's and character switches.

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »
Well I see what you mean about reconnecting, but if I want to stand because a CP told me too and cant stand up, then I disconnect to fix it, it just looks like I'm disconnecting to get away from the CP, which could ban me because of server rules and tarnish my reputation as an RP'er.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:50:33 AM »
Just tell the unit to hold on in LOOC and apologize, and to explain that you're reconnecting and you will be back shortly. Unit should let you go without any problem.

Offline BeastOTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »
I suppose you are right, I just wish there was a fix that didn't mess up the roleplay. With such a long delay, (reloading the map, textures (something about police/barneyshead always takes me ages)) it really interrupts the flow of the game, which to me is a big factor in how enjoyable the roleplay is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal