Author Topic: Dr. Aykan Gotturk; Past Speeches.  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dr. Aykan Gotturk; Past Speeches.
« on: September 03, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
To the Citizens of City Eighteen,

This is Doctor Aykan Gotturk, whom you may know as the 'City Administrator.' Today, I pose an important, albeit mainly rhetorical question to a minority of Citizens - what is the point in this so-called 'resisting'? Even if I asked these 'resisting' people personally, would they even have an answer, a reason for these futile wrong-doings? If anything, they are harming the people around them, they are harming the society that is City Eighteen. The Universal Union caters for our needs, they give us shelter, warmth, a place to live our lives; they give us everything we need to survive. If you are one of those who 'resists', I ask you to stop for a moment, and think about what you are doing - you are endagering the people around you without thought, so, I ask of you, please, stop these idiotic doings, before you harm yourself, and the others around you.
On a side note, I would like to thank the Combine Civil Authority - and the Citizens of City Eighteen - for keeping sociostability levels to the safest they have been so far. Aside from these 'resisting' fellows, it seems that City Eighteen is one of the safest and most secure Union Metroplexes. If we all do our part for the Universal Union, perhaps tomorrow will be a better day, for all of us, for the Union. Even the smallest tasks will aid the Union in some way or another, the Civil Worker's Union set a great example, helping to keep the City clean, helping other Citizens and the-like. I would like to thank them deeply, for helping to make City Eighteen the place it is now, infact, I'd like to thank everybody; You, the Citizens, the Combine Civil Authority, and the Civil Worker's Union alike.

Once again, this is Doctor Aykan Gotturk; City Administrator.
I bid you good night, and please, do your part for the Union!

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dr. Aykan Gotturk; Past Speeches.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
To the Citizens of City Eighteen,

Today, I wish to speak to you, perhaps inform you about the Civil Worker's Union. The Civil Worker's Union is a branch of the Universal Union, mostly turned towards aiding the residents of the City, and the City itself. Now, many of you have probably seen some of the Civil Workers going about their daily business, and some of you - I presume - have pondered something along the lines of -

"Could I ever be a Civil Worker?"

Yes, you can be a Civil Worker; if you are in possession of a Loyalist armband, you could head to the local CWU building, ask for an application form, and hopefully be on the path to becoming a Civil Worker; becoming a part of the beneficial schemes the Worker's Union carries out. Remember, the Civil Worker's Union provides stabilised employment and benefit schemes for all registered individuals.
In other words, I recently recieved a letter - more-or-less on the topic of the 'resisting' Citizens, and a recent influx of contraband items - from a Civil Worker named 'John Bourne'.

"Dear City Administrator,

I feel that your work on the city is perfect, your speeches are given with the utmost elegance, whilst continuing to be informative.
However, some citizens are not learning their place. Is it possible to introduce stricter searches and barriers around the city? To stop any with contraband. I have noticed a slight increase in contraband handling lately and would like to see it lower.

Yours respectively,
John Bourne, Civil Worker."

As for these contrabands items, no source has yet been discovered, and how these Citizens got these items is unknown; although the Combine Civil Authority is seizing many of these items and stopping them from going into a wide circulation. As for the Citizens who feel a need for these items, it is their problem, and their problem only; if they are foolish enough to have these items, it is their complete responsibilty, and they will suffer the consequences. Perhaps one day, some sense shall be taught into them, but time will only tell.

This is Doctor Aykan Gotturk; and I bid you goodnight.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
// Looks nice so far, oh BTW nice avatar :L

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
Keep it up, you're doing excellent as a City Administration. Just thought I'd let ya know
o7

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
I have to post these for the people who actually care about the speeches, because when I give them in-game they get swept away in a current of fucking mindless OOC. To let everyone know, I give a speech, maybe two, a week; mostly on Friday nights/Saturday mornings. Some of you may know I'm in GMT + 00, and the HL2RP City server is what, GMT - 06/07 or something? If anyone could, perhaps, add me on Steam Friends (My SF name is Lewis) and if there is an IC event of sorts, please fill me in on it. (In before "metafagshitcunt": I would, of course, ICly know about these events, as the City is not in-game(ly) split up by timezones.) Also, if people could please be a bit more quiet in OOC during speeches, and please, stop raging about the speeches while I'm bloody giving them. To quote, one person said -

"Wow, what a shitty speech" (Not disclosing names.)

Also, there is the case of the "Letters to the City Administrator", please, make use of this, so during every speech, I can reply to one or two letters, rather than have the mess that was the last speech.
(I got stuck on a piece of prop-paper, and I couldn't look up, and then an OOC tsunami of "l00K up F4GIT" and "OMFgG H3 ISH NOT LO0KLIN UP GUISE LET US R4PE OOC TeLLIN G HIM TO L0K UP!!£.!?")

Well, I really need people to fill me on these earthquake + tear gas events, so, remember to add me on SF; my SF name is Lewis.
That's all just now, next speech will be on Saturday, unless I don't actually get any sources to base the speech on it.
So, add me + use the letter sending topic.

Also, has anyone seen the other CA on yet? He got accepted along with me, but I've not seen him yet.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »

...remember to add me on SF; my SF name is Lewis.

Which one? There are 74 pages of users named Lewis.

nvm found u :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:55:37 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
Yeah, that was quite derpy of me; it was late and I forgot about the other seven-thousand Lewis(s).

Everyone probably has the mighty Yuri(If you don't you haven't lived.) on their friend's list, so just perv through his friend's list to find me, rather than dieing of exhaustion searched through the lists of Lewis(s).

Edit: Derp; just look on the CG Steam Group.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
Citizens - and one special CCA Unit - of City Eleven,

Today, it may seem like a rather humble and simple thing to do, but today, I am only going to speak about one thing. On behalf of City Eleven, if you are listening to this, I wish to congratulate you, Unit Three-One-Eight. Three-One-Eight performed a remarkable feat today, and he quite literally stared down death, showed selflessness, and overlooked morality, all for the good of the Universal Union. I judge the news has been spreading like a wildfire, albeit I doubt much people have heard of Three-One-Eight's bravery and valor, for which he recieved a Union Honourable Loyalist award, for risking life above duty.
It was only a few hours ago, when an Anti-Citizen armed with a fire armament fled to the sewers through a maintenance hatch after threatening another Unit with this weapon. A duo consisting of Units Three-One-Eight and One-Seven-Seven, ventured to the sewers, in an attempt to find the Anti-Citizen. They were met with gunshots, and Three-One-Eight risked it all, and fled out from the safety of his cover,  singe-handedly incapicitating the Anti-Citizen, and ending the menace's threat to society. Only a few minutes after the death of the Anti-Citizen, Three-One-Eight then went on to capture three other Citizens, whom each possessed contraband items.
Three-One-Eight done a great deed today, and risked life and limb for the Universal Union. Once again, I wish to congratulate you, Three-One-Eight; on behalf of City Eleven.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal