Author Topic: Winston O'Shaughnessy's Notebook  (Read 981 times)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Winston O'Shaughnessy's Notebook
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

Entry 1
Day 7
"Beles" garage

Well, fin-fucking-ally. Nearly two weeks of constant walking, lugging around about twenty kilos of supplies with a bunch of crippled dipshits through canals, rivers, forests and roads, and the lazy bastards ahead didn't even bother to check if anybody was looking for a lift. Right, let's start from the beginning. So, there's a big attack on the old canal place where half of us lived, and then those people with all the cars and enough weapons to fuel Sammarinese military drove off with quite a lot of people, but they didn't even bother to check for those stranded behind them. So, we - myself and about three people with an average IQ of 70 -  had to walk, following the tyre tracks and mess they left behind. We made quite good pace, considering we got abandoned, but I eventually split up with the idiots and walked the last five kilometres or so on my own.

I arrived in the town - which was desolate and abandoned because I was pretty much late to the party - and stopped in the nearest building that wasn't caked in blood or bird shit. The building in question was a rather small garage, yet small in a cosy way. It had some furniture and scrap lying in it, so I constructed a small barricade at a choke point near the door, before settling down for the night. So, the second day in, I stashed my gear inside a little crevice I found in the garage - which I'm not going to point out, in case somebody grabs a hold of this - and left early in the morning, looking for water. I found a rather nice lake. Too nice, I thought. I was right, it was occupied by some crazy guy who calls himself "Beans". So, instead of the formal greeting, this Beans chap comes up to me and asks if I was going to eat my fingers. Needless to say, I was out of there in about ten seconds flat.

This brings us to day three. For most of day three, and day four, I was building my defences at the garage, so nothing interesting happened on those days.  Day five was quite odd, as when I ventured downstream to investigate rumours and gossip about some bunker up in the mountains, some guy began speaking on a radio, asking for help. He must have rigged up a loudspeaker, because I could hear it from the bottom of the cliff, and he was about halfway up. I went up, and there was four or five others. The guy supplied us with ammunition, and told us some story about how his wife got trapped inside a tunnel. We went in, and for a good five minutes, it was crawling through the dark and dirty tunnel, and then all of a sudden those little face-grippers started appearing, along with well, people who had their faced gripped by them. We fought through loads of them, and then we came to a bloody dead end. The guy's wife was lying there, covered in blood, quite obviously she was dead. So, we fought our way back out, and when we told the guy the news, he pretty much went suicidal and told us about some stash of his. Then one of the others spoke up, saying that the guy still has lots to accomplish and he has friends and what-not, and, honestly, what happened next was pretty funny in quite a sick way. His face all lighted up, and he looked happy, and when he took a step forward, back to us and away from the edge, he slipped and fell to his death. Ouch. So, we all ventured back and got a split of his stash, mainly some ammunition and food, and then I went back home.

Yesterday - day six -, I barely did anything, instead I stayed inside. I really couldn't be bothered doing anything after the recent events, and I spent about four hours lying in bed, and hardly did anything productive, with the exception of studying one of the medical kits I had, and drawing up a diagram of it.

1. Liquid of sorts, I wasted some of it, mistaking it to be hand sanitiser due to its colour. After some eavesdropping and asking around, turns out it's actually some sort of mixture of an antibiotic and a gel that speeds up the scabbing process. I nicked my hand on the metal sheets earlier, so I used it, and it does quite improve the scabbing speed. Instead of a day or two for my hand to scab up, it instead took about two hours.

2. Side compartment in the kit. It had some small things, such as hand sanitiser - thankfully I didn't have to test it this time, as it was clearly labelled - and disposable gloves. Might use it for other storage.

3. A heightened rim, sturdy plastic, most likely to protect the more fragile gel cannister.

4. Once again, sturdy plastic, although this time it has some clips on it: most likely it was so that it could be pinned up to a wall.

Now, day seven, i.e. today. I haven't done much, considering it's still early morning. I'll make sure to update this whenever I get the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal