Author Topic: S2? Rules still suck balls.  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
S2? Rules still suck balls.
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
Yes I know its another rant but it seems the only way things change here is is Someone rants about it. So here we go.

Currently, the S2M/S2K rules state that higher class players have a better chance at hitting. Now, there is NO RP in this WHATSOEVER. Example, last night, me and my Reformers buddy were in sewers cause that's where the initial base was. We had just finished looking around the city for anything of interest and returned to the sewers. A bunch of lolwebs somehow had guns and were shooting CP's outside which resulted in a sweep. Now I knew it was my fault for camping down there in the first place so I thought I might as well RP it. Me and my bud hid in a dark area in between the track and the wall.

I had an admin request call so I went in to observer mode and checked it out. When I returned, the units were moving in on our position. My observer glitched and somehow spawned me outside so I quickly glitched myself to get back in. Before I could get out of observer mode, a soldier spotted my friend and without any RP or anything, instantly headshot him. I discussed it with skeptik and we decided to RP the firefight for a bit before he killed us. It was so much better that way. We S2M'd for a couple minutes, yelling and shouting ICly, having a good time.

The way we decided who wins was simple. OTA have supreme firearms training so they would most likely finish us, however we managed to get out of the city, into the outlands, survive a couple months, then get back in the city so we decided a TK would be the best option.

Thats when Skeptik S2K'd us, sorta. He killed his own units at the same time but thats also aside the point.

TL;DR: The current S2? rules are stupid and restrict RP. I think it should work like this.

1. OTA finds armed resistance
2. OTA fires off 1 warning shot to get their attention
3. OOCly OTA and resistance talk about the situation and what the outcome should be (PK, TK, OTA dies (TK), Rebels escape)
4. Scenario played through
5. Good times

Please consider this as a change to make RP more enjoyable.

-ADD-

If the other group runs away with no RP or fights back with no RP then yes you have the right to S2K.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:01:40 PM by Statua »

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2? Rules still suck balls.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:58:55 PM »
Yes, this would be good, but basically the problem is people see COTA, crap themselves and haul it. Then COTA has no choice but to mow them down.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
Yes, this would be good, but basically the problem is people see COTA, crap themselves and haul it. Then COTA has no choice but to mow them down.
If the other group runs away with no RP or fights back with no RP then yes you have the right to S2K. I'll add that.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
When did this get RP'ed must off been really late, i miss out all the good RP's :(

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »
When did this get RP'ed must off been really late, i miss out all the good RP's :(
Last night around 2330 gmt-6 (11:30pm central for you nubs)

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »
Plan out all conflicts before they happen. Agree on an outcome and work towards that by just RP'ing. Try to make the outcome as unbiased as possible to both sides.

My standpoint.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
Plan out all conflicts before they happen. Agree on an outcome and work towards that by just RP'ing. Try to make the outcome as unbiased as possible to both sides.

My standpoint.
That my friends is how it should be.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:37 AM »
Yeah... I more like it that way because if you are 3-5 rebels who meet 2 OTA's you can simply talk about it like this

2 OTA's see 5-7 rebels where 3 of them armed with MP7, 9MM pistols and a small basement.
one of OTA fires off 1 warning shot to get their attention.
They will discuses in OOC how it will end.
The all agree that 1 of the OTA die in the fight 4-5 of the rebels manage to escape(hurt/wound) and 2-3 rebels die (TK)
the fight started
???
the fight ends
RP continues

I more like it at this point so you don't die after a (very) short meet by the combines

It also happen today where me and another walked in the sewers where I could hear 3 combines slowly came up armed with AR2's and MP7's to get our attention. They did not fired a shot before They hear me yelled "run"

Credit goes to jackal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal