Author Topic: GIF sigs and avatar restrictions  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GIF sigs and avatar restrictions
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:47 PM »
I've come across some GIF's which really bog down low quality browsers like the iPod's Safari browser. The reason for this bogging is length of the gif. Don't get me wrong, they're interesting but a 60 second GIF is a bit much.

I think we should restrict the maximum time of a gif to five seconds. Heres an example of a gif that fits the requirements:

Image wasn't showing, fixed it for you :)
~ Max
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:26:54 AM by Its Max Blad »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GIF sigs and avatar restrictions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »
I think we should restrict sigs to a certain size, doesnt look good with oversized stuff saying your name.

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:54:57 AM »
I think we should restrict sigs to a certain size, doesnt look good with oversized stuff saying your name.

or having 32782832789 quotes + name + gif which some people have (like me :>)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
Some communities have limits like 300x100 max picture size or 5 lines of text max.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
Some communities have limits like 300x100 max picture size or 5 lines of text max.
I'm pretty sure we used to have size restrictions on the forum. I'm glad they're gone tbh because it was annoying trauling images to see if there was any you liked at the right size.

But like OhDear said, people should be stopped from having a million lines of quotes in thier sig.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
All I have in my sig is a broken table. I don't really see the point in a picture or something. A sig is a signature which is something that depicts you from everyone else in a thread. If you have tons of crap in your sig, you look like that crazy guy on the street with 50 bumper stickers and decals.

My point is, just make something simple. A decorated name is all the matters.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:05 AM »
I use my ipod all the time and i get no issues with long .gif avatars...

And older low quality browsers? Your joking right? They can fuck off and upgrade to decent browsers(Thats what googles pushing to do) its really retarded to stay on IE6

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:25 PM »
There was this one person here with a 100 second gif and I couldn't load any page he posted on. That's aside the point. The sig section of a persons post shouldn't be larger then the post itself...

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »
You can disable people's avatars and signatures in your forum account settings. Go to your account page, then click "modify profile" then click "look and layout" then disabled avatars and signatures.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:23:29 AM by Meatwad »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »
Avatars help me depict people from one another. Sigs are supposed to do that but people keep changing them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal