Author Topic: How to Correctly use /me's and /it's  (Read 1545 times)

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to Correctly use /me's and /it's
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:17:16 AM »
HOW TO USE /ME'S AND /IT'S

(This is just a quick guide to how to properly use the two types of actions. I see many people failing at /me's 80% of the time, so this is for them.)
/ME'S

What are /me's for exactly? The point of /me's is to descibe an action of what you are doing. So first, let us start with a basic /me...

* [CG] NOTHING - The Pimp of LUE starts up stairs

Ok, for one, /me's should always be written as if it where a script. Ok, so lets fix how it looks like a caveman wrote this and make it look better...

* [CG] NOTHING - The Pimp of LUE starts up the stairs.

Ok, now we have it where it is at least proper, but /me's need to be desciptive. They should show more of what you are doing rather than the bare-basic. Now with this, lets look at what we have now.

* [CG] NOTHING - The Pimp of LUE walks towards the UCH staircase, hesitantly starting up the stairway.

Now congratz, you have just made a proper /me. Now all you have left is a million more and you can be a good roleplayer!

/IT'S

/it's are suppose to show things nobody else controls, but descibes much more, for example...

/it the mayn has a large cut

Well just as above, we aren't retarted cavemen, use correct puncuation and full stops!!

/it The man has a large cut.

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, we need to add a bit more of description to this. For one, I don't think saying, "The man has a large cut" will make people think, "Such a good roleplayer!" yeah- no. So lets add a bit more to this...

/it The man appears to have a large cut over his leg.

Now, this may seem ok, but it still is missing more description. So lets add a little more zest.

/it The man appears to have a large cut covering his leg, blood tripping down as he yelps out.

Well, thats about it, I guess.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to Correctly use /me's and /it's
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
In short, use correct grammar and be as descriptive as possible.
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal