Author Topic: Speed Running Hal-Life 2  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Speed Running Hal-Life 2
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
I've been asking people to speed run HL2 against me if you have any free time. Basically, we both start at the same place and start at the same time. No rules except no using console.

Also, to make it fair, I'll be uploading tricks to speed run multiple
parts of the game, such as Water Hazard

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srjgwj5qRhc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srjgwj5qRhc</a>

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:38:13 PM by [Kai Daniels] »
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Speed Running Hal-Life 2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
Half life 1 works a lot better with this, i dont really know how "short" HL2 can be done but HL1 speed runs can be done in about 30-50 minutes :<

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
Water Gate 1 Fast wasn't even that fast, you can just stand on the catwalk and shoot the barrel - you don't need to go inside to get the grenades. Also, what Smt said. HL1 is a lot better for speedruns, because HL2 is quite long and there aren't many ways to zoom through levels (there are also some bits that you can't skip and you have to endure them), unlike in HL1 where you can p. much hop across rooms and push yourself really fast with crates.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
Part 1 fastest: Shoot the barrel from far away using your pistol.

Part 2 fastest: Hop off your boat at the end of the tunnel and walk trough the trigger. Then the doors don't close at all and you can just go past.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
I can do this, I've been waiting for someone I can speedrun.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
Was not that fast, I have seen people get through this a lot faster. But I have to give you props for doing it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline N.k

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »
Half life 2 is not much of a speedrun game.  I feel like it's more of a "get it done in multiple sessions" game.  Half life 1 is more of a speedrun game, though.

Offline Pepper??¢

• C17.CCA.S3.716
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »
Wanna speed run HL2? :D play Synergy :D
Hl2rp Characters:

James Newtown - Alive ( Outlands )
Mike Jensen - Alive ( CWU )
Sarah Laruasen - Dead "Grid OfC Broke her neck"

Zeko Jilly - Alive ( City 45 )
C45.CCA.GRID.716 - 04 - Alive (Nexus)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
I did speed run contest with my friend through all three game of HL2.

We added up the time to get through the scenes you see and subtracted it. We only counted scenes where you actually do the shit and they aren't talking to you for five minutes about stupid shit you don't care about.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal