Author Topic: It's not "The Resistance" it's "A resistance"  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's not "The Resistance" it's "A resistance"
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
re·sist·ance?

–noun
1. the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.
2. the opposition offered by one thing, force, etc., to another

The citizens out there resisting have something in common... rebeling

reb·el? ?
noun, adjective, verb, re·belled, re·bel·ling. 

–noun
1. a person who refuses allegiance to, resists, or rises in arms against the government or ruler of his or her country.
2. a person who resists any authority, control, or tradition.

This is what the "Resistance" does. They try to get away from the CP as much as they can, they want to hide as much as they can, and live like that as much as they can.

Think of WWII, in Germany. The Jewish either had to cooperate with the Nazi's and stay at those shitty disgusting camps they made... OR they can resist. It was hard life, and they lived that way for months. That's when the attack comes in.

Some of the resistance out there in HL2rp complain about being caught and pked. Think about WWII again, the Nazi's attacking. They stormed in the resistance's base and either captured them, or shot them point blank. They then burnt the towers down with molotovs and flamethrowers, killing children and parents. Now this is HL2rp, think of the building's being stormed with COTA, women and men died as they said their final words... "FAIL RP OMG THERE WAS NO RP IN DAT SHOOTING, YOU ALL FAIL, DON'T PK ME." It was a sad sad day.

Do you wanna do some SRS rp in resistance, or do you wanna have a gun and think your the dominant citizen? I myself am not a resistance, but i have no problem being PKed, all i gotta do it make a new citizen, ask for PET and 50000 tokens, and thats it! I love to RP the right way, be happy and stay confident when giving up something you really like, you'll be glad you did in the end.

Rebeling is a different story, meaning you want to get a gigantic fucking army and shoot the army you hate. So in HL2RP, rebeling will get your ass killed, and banned. It's like in Egypt, they "Rebeled" against the government to stop being a cunt and give them the freedom they want. The government told them to stop or they will use deadly force, they eventually did. The act of rebeling will get you in big trouble, and will give trouble to everyone else, to result in hate against you. Don't be a rebel, unless you want what your asking for, trouble.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:56:33 AM by Rory Phillips »

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: It's not "The Resistance" it's "A resistance"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: It's not "The Resistance" it's "A resistance"
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
Why are you telling us this? This thread has no meaning to what you're trying to get us accross.
You're defining both, rebel and resistance, then point out about how the rebels should act.

First off, in the definitions you shown then explaining how they should act, does not make any sense, what so ever.
Yes, the resistance should focus on hiding and getting away, but if they want to stop the combine from forcing people to be with the combine, then they have no choice but to use force against the source causing it, the main problem is that maps don't have a safer zones for rebels like the combines do for nexus.

This is the problem with HL2RP gamemodes, drama is stirred because the rebels are like "WTF, this is lame I don't wanna be pkd!!" Then you have the combines "Wow, this is stupid, the rebels constantly act like bad asses and openly attack the combine."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:10:55 PM by Journeyman H. [UK] »
Clearly racist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal