Author Topic: Fail RPING? Minges? DO something about it.  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fail RPING? Minges? DO something about it.
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »
Why do you "Combine", and other Citizens just flame, and attack people for not knowing how to HL2RP? Why don't you explain, how to get into this stuff, I'm sick and tired of seeing people get shot because they don't know how to HL2RP, maybe if you guys would sticky a post on how to efficiently RP correctly, you wouldn't have as much shooting to do. I mean seriously guys, is it that hard to take 10 - 15 minutes out of your time to save a lot of time from killing "Minges", why not just write something up to provide help to the new players. This can easily be solved..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:31:59 PM by Wayne »

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fail RPING? Minges? DO something about it.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
I'm sorry if this annoys any of you, it's just, common sense.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »
I agree. Although i don't play HL2RP, it's pretty much common sense to help new players out. They might not know the rules or how to RP HLRP.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
I agree. Although i don't play HL2RP, it's pretty much common sense to help new players out. They might not know the rules or how to RP HLRP.

Thank you very much, and I also think they take RPing to a next level.

There doing a "cleaning check" were just in a dark room for like 30 minutes while they talk, and tie us. Saying "Clean", "Clean", "Clean".

But, can't complain.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
I try to help new people the best I can but there are people that will just act new just to get away with shit.

But if I am detaining some one and they do some crap like "/me makes a dash for his life" Then I am just going to treat them like a minge runner cause they are running to one place. S6.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Kitten on Crack

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
Well here is the thing though, the new people never say "Hey i'm new could you help me?" instead they sit there and punch whore and break many rules and don't ask for help.
Characters:
UCA.C45.UNIFORM-DvL.747
UCA.C18-GRID-SCN.260
Adam Wright
Kristy Wright

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »
Yeah, then have nobody read it because they don't care.

I would.

Offline eaaaa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
The thing is, I do (try to) help them, but some are just ignorant mingebags, they just want to troll others.
HL2RP Characters

Leonard C. Kensington / C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.56752
A 28-year-old former MIT engineer and computer scientist, currently a recruit in the Metropolice Force.

Lilith Wright
A 23-year-old former biomedical scientist; currently an intern at the Citizen Hospital of City 18.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
record failures_1

stop

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
Exactly this. I'm going to start handing out bans and/or demotions for people giving sarcastic replies to serious questions and the such.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
Heres the thing when some one comes to HL2RP and they get detained for some thing and they decide to run they run in to S6 were we can't get them and if we ask them to come back they are like lolno.
I had this with three guys who didn't even know each other and I explained why it was bad rp and they just said I was lining and coming up with shit.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »
Well for most units, they don't know the difference between Mingerunning, and RP running. Someone could be getting attacked, and they could try to /me attempts to run off and escape. CP's don't know that, and they shoot them. The units should shoot ONLY when they're RPing with the person already. For example.

*Citizen pushes an officer*
CP: Get on the wall!
Citizen runs away with no RP at all, no even attempting to do anything about it.

So seriously, CP's, when you see a person running in the plaza, run after them first, and see the cause. Only shoot the person if they run away while you were trying to RP with them, ie detaining/beating them.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:04 AM »
Here is the scoop, a civi runs, CP chases, Civi doesnt stop, CP is a good boy and shoots them. Minge grabbers get shot, if some one comes up to me like "hey i'm new can you help me out?" I'll genuinly help them like "Protip, use caps and full stops, Also, for OOC things such as needing help use // For all around chat, and .// for OOC in your general area." ".// Ok thank you. How do I get a job?" ".// Well you must apply for CP a very lengthy process, I recommend getting some playtime and activity on the forums and some exsperience." ".// Ok thank you! Any other jobs other then CP?" ".// Well there is CWU Another thing you must apply for, they mop floors clean and own shops and such things, you dont need a lot of activity for that, but some exsperience is good." " .// Alright were is the Resistance?" ".// The resistance is in S6, bad place, if your planning on joining just wait for them to come to you, the resistance is a hard thing to RP, I recomend getting some play time before you venture to a PK Zone." ".// Whats a PK Zone?" ".// PK is Permanent Kill, your character will remain dead forever, you must creat a new one."  ".// Sounds bad, thanks!"  THIS My freinds is a good newb, some one willing to learn.. EXAMPLE TWO. A FAIL: CP searches a new guy. He doesa 360 on the spot and looks at the CP and say "wtf r u doin?" Cp hits him and yells at him to face the wall "omg u fail" Punches the CP and runs. I will only spend my time teaching when they WANT to learn.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:37 AM »
HOLY FUCKING WALL OF TEXT.

What he said, absolutely.

Offline Diebrox

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:39 PM »
I'm new to hl2rp myself, but I informed myself before joining.
I do agree though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal