Author Topic: Regarding District 6  (Read 5230 times)

NotAboT

Re: Regarding District 6
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
I think that in the District six canals there should be an underground railroad of sorts that is dangerous as hell. Filled with barnacles, zombies and possible Civil Protection all vying to kill you. However, there would kinda be an outside of the map area. I also think the legal area should be expanded slightly so as not to encourage rebellion as much.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:11 PM »
I don't think sector 6 should be completely illegal. Citizens could be searched and made to apply. If they have contraband or a certain number of points, then they can't enter.

This approach would stop mingerunning and lolrebeling to an extent. Sector 6 would no longer have the same allure of "illegal-ness" or danger.
It would also increase opportunities for roleplay- both for CPs and citizens. Citizens would have more incentive to be good and cooperate, because low points mean they can enter without danger of a PK. Citizens in Sec6 would also need to use more discretion. They will need to watch who they talk to, now that neutral and loyalist citizens can enter the sector.

When I suggested this via steam chat, Rofl turned it down... but I'm putting it up here for other players to examine.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:06:49 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »
Remember that if S6 becomes public, then the logical rp thing would be to say civil protection to be allowed in there as well to watch it just like the main plaza, it would just become a part of the city which functions normally, not a safe haven where citizens can go whenever they want just to live in a lawless city
And lolrebels would stay at large, a danger to all good roleplayer and they wouldn't have an "isolation" to go to while the rest of us roleplay properly
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »
I don't think sector 6 should be completely illegal. Citizens could be searched and made to apply. If they have contraband or a certain number of points, then they can't enter.

This approach would stop mingerunning and lolrebeling to an extent. Sector 6 would no longer have the same allure of "illegal-ness" or danger.
It would also increase opportunities for roleplay- both for CPs and citizens. Citizens would have more incentive to be good and cooperate, because low points mean they can enter without danger of a PK. Citizens in Sec6 would also need to use more discretion. They will need to watch who they talk to, now that neutral and loyalist citizens can enter the sector.

When I suggested this via steam chat, Rofl turned it down... but I'm putting it up here for other players to examine.
This would also add to roleplay, giving CP and citizens something to do.

Offline Diebrox

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »

This.

Offline Logik

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »

You guys don't understand, the point isn't to give convenience to the civilians; the combine, or the trans-human arm, are an oppressive alien (Or Alien-Hybrid) faction, as so the goal is to contain civilians not let them roam freely about un-supervised sectors and give you your every wish. Think about canon, not just the fact that it's more convenient for you to have more room or more 'freedom'.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:47:50 PM by Logik »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
I think in S6 should be a highway, kind of destroyed, that high way takes 5 mins to walk, its dangerous. It leads to the Outlands, its a flat barren land with a pond or two, some houses, hidden tunnels and such; We need this.

Offline Logik

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:30 PM »
That would be cool.. I, /technically/ could map it in my spare time if you guys would give me the map file, but it's, of course, entirely up to Rofl...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal