Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Lance Briggs's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Lance Briggs's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:44 AM »
Lance Briggs's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Orange

IC Character Name: Lance Briggs

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Lance Briggs began his life on the eve on March 16, 1989. His mother, Josefina Parker and his father, Joshua Briggs both welcomed Lance into what seemed a bright future. His childhood was like that of many other regular children. His father, being an officer in metro from 1974 to 1990 would make Lance Briggs especially respectful of City enforcement. This respect would flourish into near attachment to the thought of authority.

When the combine invaded in 2010, Lance was a fit twenty one year old male. His father, Joshua, relocated the family from major cities, assuming the worst would most likely happen there. The Briggs family, a family if two young children, both under the age of eighteen during the invasion of Earth, a young man, and two parents would be almost fully eradicated. The two younger children were caught early and were slain without cause. This caused mental stress on both the parents who saw this first-hand. The mother would later be killed in a  misunderstanding between Civil forces within the city they were located in. Lance, during this time, would be completely oblivious to the senseless acts of murder carried out by the Combine.

Lance's farther, Joshua, would not forgive the Combine for their acts, knowing full-well each death was brought on without cause and would urge Lance to follow him in an attempt to fight the combine. Lance, unknowing of the Combine's acts would insist otherwise, that they instead stay within city limits where they would be granted safety. This is where Joshua and Lance would separate as father and son, divided by their ideals, Joshua would head further into the life of rebellion and join in a small rebel group that would lead to his death. Lance, on the other hand, embraced the new city life-style, and like his father, he aimed for authority within Metro Police. After a few years within the city, Lance would be relocated to City 45.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Honest, situationally forgiving, indiscriminate, physically active, cooperative, decisive, reliable, occasionally tolerant.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Being a veteran CP RPer I know that early ranks consist of passive amongst yourself and other CP members. While on duty you run standard patrols and your character is trained. During this time, regardless of your OOC knowledge, you have almost no experience. This experience would soon be taught to you progressively.

During higher positions, such as divisional leaders, you assume the role of training and plan making. Such as taking a large group of CPs and organizing them into smaller groups to cover large areas. During this time you're in an authoritative role, meaning that it's up to you to successfully make quick decisions and react to events faster. This reaction time will dictate whether or not you're a good leader.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Lance Briggs, born on March 16, 1989. Son of Josefina Parker and Joshua Briggs. Lance Briggs had a regular childhood, among his peers he excelled in mathematics and preformed well in higher-classes. During his years at school, he taught himself to work well with electronics and engineering. His skills do not match to those of someone with an actual education, but this self-education enlightened him into higher thinking than his peers, who seemingly only cared for the local gossip. As he aged, he continued to self educate with books and other forms of communication. By the age of eighteen he was very literate in all world matters. When the combine invaded, his family was quickly killed within the time-span of a few months. In these months, he would question both the motives of the Combine, and his father. After his father lost both his wife and two children, he would delve into the realm of rebellion against the Combine. Of course Lance sought against this life-style due to his entire childhood being based off the principles of order and respect to authority. Lance would later ignore his father's warnings against the combine and would instead embrace them with loyalism. His life in the smaller city in which his entire family would be both rounded together and slain together would be short-lived when he would be abruptly moved from his previous estate to City 45. Uplifted from his friends at the city near City 45, which unlike City 45, was a lot smaller and nit-picked, he would be taken along with many other unsuspecting people, none of which close friends. In City 45 he would be quickly shown the ropes by both rough officers and imprudent citizens alike. Both surprised and intrigued by the order of this vastly bigger city, he would seek to find what his father before him achieved, order.  By which time he had well acquainted himself with local officers, he approached those within these city walls from a similar angle. He was surprised to be shown little personality. It was as if these men were trained to be inhuman in both sprite and body. Regardless of the fact, he strove to become one of them. He would come to see that educating himself would serve as the primary reason for his survival.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 Years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A few weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific.

5. In what country do you live?
United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
In Starship Troopers RP I had an NCO Sergeant, during the high-time of the server we had missions (basically changed the map and shot bugs). This particular mission was exciting because we had an excess of 30 players. I was second in command and during an exciting part of the Mission the admins began to play non-fitting music as they always do and we were ordered to sprint towards a battlefield littered by admin-made effects. Regardless, it felt like a real scripted scene from a high-production game. Most quality experiences came from missions similar to this one simply because you had good leaders. With good leaders, everything felt very high-pace.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Lance Briggs
CID: 71198
Height: 6'1''
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions: Quick Thinker
Mental Defects: None Apparent.
Mental Advantages: Fast Decision Maker.
Notable Qualities: Respective, reasonable, great listener

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
According to what my father once said "Without Authority there is anarchy." I strongly believe in standing for order against those who wish to break it. Upholding law and order has always been a virtue for me. I've always believe that any who wish to break set rules that grant civility should face disciplinary actions. If granted a position within your ranks I would be able to further enact these beliefs upon the troubled.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Lance Briggs hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:49:53 PM by Swoots ? â?? :? »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lance Briggs's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »
UNIT: 738
DIVISION: GRID
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Lance Briggs>
Citizen Identification Number: 71198

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.GRID-DvL.738>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Lance Briggs's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
UNIT: 275
DIVISION: NOVA
CLEARANCE: DvL
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...