Author Topic: CMF - Another WIP  (Read 6435 times)

Offline LeoMarr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CMF - Another WIP
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
The Universal Union Conscripted Military Force.

• The UUCMF Will consist of 12 Players. (Note: This will enlarge if Successful)

• The UUCMF Will consist of conscripted Loyalists. These citizens have been chosen to fight on the Front lines against anti-Civil activists.

• These are the Cannon fodder troops that stand in for OTA.

• These troops are poorly equipped and poorly trained, They are mainly used in frontal assaults on Unrest Structures or Strongholds

• These Troops will be rostered as such:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Major (1)
Captain (1)
Lieutenant (1)
Drill Sergeant(1)
Sergeant (2)
Private (6)

• Troop Load outs will strictly be One USP .9 MM Pistol and One HK MP 7 Sub Machine Gun

• Players in this will be strictly allowed to go into the Conscript Center ( Spare room in Basement/Firing Range ) and Conscript Recruitment Office.

•  Applications will be Strictly IC, Forum applications may be implemented, but I personally would like to have players RP it In the server.

• Training will consist of

Spoiler for Hiden:
Firearms Safety Training
Introduction to Field First Aid
Field Amputations and Detainment Procedures
Tactical Strategies and Formations

• There will be almost no promotions given, Unless a Sergeant is KIA'd and the senior private would then take over.

• Names: UU.CMF.PvT-John Doe
                UU.CMF.SgT-John Doe
                UU.CMF.MaJ-John Doe

• Only Majors, Captains, and Lts will be allowed to Recruit into the UUCMF, But Sergeants and Drill sergeants can "Recommend" Someone for joining.

• Troops will Two-Man patrol S6 at designated areas when called into service.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:59:38 PM by LeoMarr »

Chars:
UNION-DvL.252 Molding Men out of recruits.
Thatch Goodwin Keeping Incognito.
Quote from: Blt
leomarr is cool.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CMF - Another WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »
This is basically saying that the MPF suck and food deprived civvies can do better than us. There's also a huge chance they'll be able to rebel.

Bottom line, no matter how trusted, civvies will NOT get weapons. Never. It's about as canon as the CWU building a time machine.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:04:41 AM by GeeMayn »

Offline LeoMarr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:25:11 AM »
This is basically saying that the MPF suck and food deprived civvies can do better than us. There's also a huge chance they'll be able to rebel.

Bottom line, no matter how trusted, civvies will NOT get weapons. Never. It's about as canon as the CWU building a time machine.

Let's Disect this.

This is basically saying that the MPF suck and food deprived civvies can do better than us. - Conscripts are
• These troops are poorly equipped and poorly trained, They are mainly used in frontal assaults on Unrest Structures or Strongholds
And it's not MPF. It's CCA.

no matter how trusted, civvies will NOT get weapons. - 04s are Civies, They get guns. Your point is invalid.

Never. It's about as canon as the CWU building a time machine. -
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Conscripts are a human Combine unit cut from Half-Life 2. They were to be the remains of the former Earth forces requisitioned and unwillingly reincorporated (according to the definition of Conscription) into the Combine units as low rank human Combine soldiers, apparently even lower than the Civil Protection. They were to be headed by Captain Vance.

Chars:
leomarr is cool.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 02:55:24 AM »
Cut from HL2 = Not canon.

And we already established that Earths forces are either dead/escaped/combine soldiers.

And I don't see how an SMG + USP is poorly equipped

The problem here is that 04s are more trusted than loyalists, which is why they have weapons.
I can secretly have hacked civvie info, and a fake armband, no one would ever know.

Also the conscriof definition is a fuckload more different than what you're trying to pull.

From what you say it's just specific loyalists ( which are just loyal civvies who the mpf still don't give 2 shits about) are able to be better equipped than an 03 but have recruit training.

The definition is a cut idea of how military soldiers are made into low ranked combine units

Seriously draw me the fucking line
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:02:54 AM by GeeMayn »

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
There should at least be an extremely hard application for this, otherwise I see this as a REALLY bad idea.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 09:06:26 AM »
Has Karma or Rofl approved this?

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
You want to give them an SMG?! That would mean they're better equipped (offensively) than 04's. Even recruits can't have a pistol (icly). I think they should be armed with tasers or beanbag weaponry, not lethals :P
"I luv how we where talken about amber killen her self and then it went to a kid that jacked off 42 times and died"
-C45.CCA.UNION-03.334

C18.CCA.JURY-RCT.527
Dr. Grigory Stulenkov
Steven Jessup

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Or perhaps, not have them at all, and instead spent time on making the cca better than adding stuff that makes people complain
what

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Or perhaps, not have them at all, and instead spent time on making the cca better than adding stuff that makes people complain

This. I don't think the CCA would rely on citizens anyway, doesn't make sense. If the loyalists are truly loyal, and want to help, they can apply for CCA. But as BLT said, we need to more so focus on fixing the CCA rather than giving civvies guns so they can go pew pew.

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
I remember when this was done. It actually worked rather well until some retard, bad RPer, decided to join.

He fucked up everything and we got banned from the City Server. But that's the last community.

ONE: Nowhere does it say they will be on the city 24/7 everyday.

TWO: When the UU doesn't want to risk lives of good super soldiers, they send in these guys.

THREE: An SMG and a USP are not well equipped seeing as they would be low-maintenance, run down, weapons.

FOUR: A RCT is above a conscript, depending on how Leo wants to run them, but last time I was involved in this, conscripts weren't allowed even out of their conscription center in the city.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:56:57 AM by Don Captain »
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »
Once again, Leomarrs idea and the conscript idea are very different.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
This is how I like to think about Half-Life canon, just because its not found by Gordon Freeman, doesn't mean its not there in-canon. So, conscripts for example, although not found in City 17, could still be found in City 45 (or whatever map we use). As long as it makes sense in-canon, then I don't see a problem with it.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Once again, Leomarrs idea and the conscript idea are very different.

I know how the conscript idea MAY be run. I was in the Conscripts with Leo in the community that did it originally.

But it's Leo's choice on how he does it.
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline LeoMarr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
You guys seem to think that "Having an SMG Means your as equipped as an 03".  So, An MP-7 that is Cleaned daily is so much like an MP-7 That is cleaned weekly? The MP-7 That hasn't been cleaned/maintained Will be the defeated in almost any situation. The CCA's are Cleaned by automaton, This means, they are cleaned by machines and repaired and fixed as required. The Conscripts weapons are cleaned by hand by the soldiers themselves.

Now, on the subject of "Oh they are better then this rank" How exactly? When a Unit is trained extensively in Hand-Hand combat, Intricate firing courses and extensive knowledge of Oh, Medicine for NOVA? The Cons are trained to detain in the field, fire the weapon and stabilize themselves/partners if they are shot.

The UU will not waste time giving them augs. If they are wounded too critically, they are left to die.
Now, as an 03 You'd be saved indefinitely. But Conscripts are still superior?

And, Sending Conscripts is ICly aiding in the extermination of the Human population.

Rebels fight conscripts
Rebels die
Conscripts die
end

Now, Of course, an "Extremely hard" application is not exactly what is planned. Mainly the Captain/Major/Lt decide who gets in and who doesn't. but it is almost strictly an IC application. There isn't going to be a forum post to apply on. So, Lets say

Johnny walks into the Conscript center
Johnny goes to the line and waits his turn
Johnny talks to the Recruiter whether it be the cap/maj/lt/Searg.
Johnny is a loyalist who wants to do more for "The cause" but wants to be in the field not policing as the CCA does.
He talks up a storm with the recruiter and after oh, 3 days, is called into the Conscription center and loads up, gets trained, and waits.

Now, the conscripts will have a main model and a secondary. They are still citizens, They won't carry guns around Unless they are doing a mission. They carry the same thing as Jimmy  the average citizen. Though, they are subject to double rations like the CWU. And every mission they survive they are payed a certain amount oh let's for the sake of it say 1000 tokens. Now, What I believe some people thing is that they will be just walking around with guns. Which is incorrect. Like I said, they won't carry guns around unless they are Required for a mission. Oh unrest structure X-D needs an attack force. Conscripts are on, get them loaded up and have them move in.

Also, if lets say a conscript applies for CCA, He can become a CCA member just like a CWU worker could. Though, you cannot 'Quit' the conscripts to be a citizen or some such. Once you're a conscript you either die, stay a conscript, or join the CCA.

The fact is, This isn't a Civie's with guns type of deal. They can't rebel. (Rofl's rule No rogues)

And really, I don't understand how having a gun makes you a rank in the CCA. Should my civie be an 01? He has a SPAS-12.

Chars:
leomarr is cool.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »
Has Karma or Rofl approved this?

Also this furthermore kills the OTA's job, they rarely see anything as it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal