Author Topic: <::|| Combine Civil Authority application cycle 3 ||::>  (Read 7450 times)

Toxicsoul

IC INFO

Full Name:Brendan O'Reilly
CID:  32641
Height: 6'4
Hair Colour Blondish/orangery color
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Male(ooc, I guess thats what thats asking for)
Weight: 167 pounds
Mental Distinctions: Irish accent
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Has really good eyes.
Notable Qualities: He gets in and gets out with out being noticed.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have never been detained before in my life,(On this character) I have always been with the combine. And I have always have listened to them

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? (On my old server yes ooc) (IC) I have eaten a few CCA issued rations before but if I do get accepted into the squad/force I will eat them when needed

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am willing to sacrafice my life for my team mates. I am willing to do more work then is needed. I will take any punishment if I disobey and/or betray my squad/force. I will do anything that the higher rank tells me to do and I will make sure all resitsance members will be done for and amputate them all on site. (if needed unless im told to take him/her in)

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I will listen and obey to the higher rank. DO what I am told. And never disobey.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? As long as my character lives I will be loyal to the Universal Union as long as I live. I will never betray them.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I wanted to join the CCA because I thought it would help me build up my RP skills as a combine. Another reason why because I think combine are the greatest thing ever. That and I thought that sense there is not that many combine on at sometimes it would just be great for me to get on as a CCA because I'm on everyday of the week, 2 hours or even more on weekdays and on weekends its between 1-24 hours.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, (Real name) Michael Brokaw (IC name)  Brendan O'Reilly hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

OOC Section

OOC Name: Ghost (or toxicsoul)

IC Character Name: Brendan O'Reilly

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. The reason I want to join the CCA or MPF or whatever you want to call it is because I just love to server, It is almost like a army that is in control of everything, they try to make everything a perfect life. It would also help me build my RP skills in the military. I also thought that it would just be wonderful to be one of the good guys (lol i know a little cheesy)..But is just love the combine and how they work.
It is also just a great side in the half life 2 campaign. If you ask me I just think how the combine do everything seems to just be right. After killing of over half the world. Making cities for them and containing them into small homes was also good to teach people how to get a long. Also by cutting off all the motor power cars, and getting rid of fossil fuel helped a lot to.
The combine have just saved are world. Many people dont think this, they think we are here just to kill him off one by one. But if you look at it they saved are world they helped the human race survive. They are one of the greatest things that have ever happened to us. Long live the Civil Protection!

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) My character is what you would almost call the perfect soldier. He is always trustworthy. When people give him a task he will get the job done. He is also pure to the combine and only to the combine (Yes I know im using hte ones up above but I think thats how its supposed to be) He always does everything by the book 95% of the time. The other 5% is when it is needed.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Brendan O'Reilly
was born in 1987 August 17th at 2:14 in the afternoon in Ireland. After 7 Years his father was teaching him how to use weapons. When he turned 14 his mother was killed by some resistance members. Then his father tried to find the resistance members that killed his wife and Brendan's mother. But he failed and was killed by the leader of the resistance. After 11 years of training he finally joined the combine force. He decided that he would find everyone who was apart of this whole thing. So far he killed all the lower rank resistance members, now all that he need to do is find the leader and kill him. But before he could he was kicked out of the force for getting his whole squad killed. He still looks back when the times were good when he had his whole family and when they lived in Ireland. He still wonders why to this day, why did they kill his mother, why did this all happen, when he figures this out he will have finished his task. So now he is trying to get back into the force and become a CCA member once again in the year 2016 and then make sure that everyone is put into their place. He has been waiting for many years for this opertunity (fail spell <--) to join the force once again. He has also decided this time if he gets to join the force he will be getting augmented (or robotic body parts) He is not going to be messing around anymore, this time he will not being one of those slack of type of guys, he is going to make sure everything is done right and he will be making sure he finds the resistance leader, he will bring him in, torture him, then amputate him on the spot. He swears on his life that he will do this. He will bring justice to all who apose to the CCA and just the civil protection in general.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? For about 2 years ( in gmod and hl2dm)

2. How long have you played on serious servers? For about 1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About 1-3 weeks now

4. What Time zone are you in? Mountain time zone

5. In what country do you live? United states

6. How old are you? 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Well there was the one time were I was so into a rp it lasted about 3-4 days.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? When I am being spoken to, Yes I am a great listener.

Denied- Number 3 is missing and application does not meet the application format.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:56:50 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Dood_D_C

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority application cycle 3 ||::>
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 05:23:55 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:Dood_D_C

IC Character Name:Antonio Hedroe

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Antonio wishes to join the combine civil authority because of personal reasons. At age 20 on the streets of city 6 he witnessed first hand crime on a disgustingly high level. The carnage of such high level crime was a traumatic experience, especially when he was subject to a hostage situation. Since then my character has somewhat sworn to end crime in all cities and make a safer future for everyone, no matter the cost.

After the mass rebellion on city 6, Antonio’s parents were murdered in a rebel attack on the combine, which led Antonio to flee the city at age 21 leaving almost everything behind. He took the best possible train to lead him out of the city, costing him a lot of his gathered tokens but allowing him escape from the war zone. When Antonio arrived at city 45 where he made his home for a while, an outcast he still had the burning desire to stop crime, and now had a sworn revenge to the rebels. His lust for justice and his deep hatred of criminals led him  to apply for the civil authority today.

As said, Antonio has a deep hatred for crime, but he also has a caring attitude. His many friends from city 6 were very law abiding and he had witnessed first hand a criminal being stopped by the combine. While his friends didn’t approve of the violence, Antonio was proud to see his hostage taker beaten down for what he’d done. The idea of making criminals pay was a good thought for Antonio, but even more so the fact that he was protecting others. Antonio aims to stop criminals and make them pay, so that citizens may carry on their lives in peace and happily, and that is all the motivation Antonio needs.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)Antonio is very centred around working as a team when it is possible, he has teamwork in the highest regard and he will always work great in a team to solve problems. He is a very lawful citizen, he holds the rules and laws in the highest regard and will do all he can to see them upheld, he will see to it whatever the cost to himself. However, he will in no way put his comrades lives in danger, and if they are in danger he will get them out of it, he is very protective over friends of any kind, from work allies to true friends. He is a very pure person, his heart is un-swayed from his choice to join the combine and he will stick to this choice for as long as he’ll live.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

I expect the life as a civil authority personnel to be hard for my character. Antonio does not expect easy work in any way, shape or form. There will be hard choices to make and he will have to be careful to abide the rules and tackle problems correctly and carefully, a somewhat daunting task. There will be a lot of obstacles to overcome and it shall be a challenge to keep a level head as much as possible, but that is what he’s expecting, and that is why he’s ready for it. Antonio will be ready for anything that comes his way, and he shall remember at all times to carefully think through his decisions and actions.

I also expect to meet my characters desires, and be able to take down the criminals of the street. I also believe that joining will allow me to meet some good work comrades who share Antonio’s desires for justice to be delivered. The benefits of the civil authority are minor compared to the responsibility, but for Antonio the greatest benefit is to see his lust for justice come to fruition, wether he does it alone or with comrades by his side all the way. Antonio will stop at nothing to prove his worth to the full extent for his employers.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

The somewhat ruined area of city 6 is where Antonio happily made his home at aged 20 after the 7 hour war. He lived there for at least one year along with his parents. Antonio was a man with a burning desire for justice at all times, he admired the way the combine could bring these criminals to justice and he had always wanted to do the same. He was once the victim of a hostage situation, unfortunately the hostage escaped with his goods. But about a week later the same criminal was brought to justice and beaten down before Antonio’s very eyes. Though Antonio doesn’t enjoy the sight of violence one bit, he was proud to see justice served as it should be. As Antonio grew up crime was becoming even more rampant across the city streets, gang attacks, robberies, murders, all the crimes of a nightmare were happening before his eyes. And it disgusted him, the extent of these crimes made him detest criminals with a burning hatred at how the destroyed and desecrated his home, and how they ruined other peoples lives. The thought of the people in jeopardy every day from crime was unthinkable for Antonio.
At aged 21, about a month after his birthday was when the city 6 rebellions started to amass. At least 5 months after that, a war erupted between the rebellion and combine in a battle for the city. During an assault on a combine owned train-station, Antonio’s parents were killed before his very eyes by a rebel gun during their initial attack. Antonio was traumatised, and forced to escape the city.
He hid for days until the now combine occupied train station was up for service again, he used the majority of his tokens to buy the train ride to city. He went to city 45, the only city accepting arrivals at the time, leaving behind everything he had owned, with only a few tokens left over.
After the usual induction to become a city 45 citizen, Antonio made his vow to keep criminals down the best way he knew, in the civil authority. And he swore vengeance through keeping criminals at bay.
OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Most of my time in Garry’s mod. About a year or so by my count, my favourite servers in Garry’s mod are role-playing servers.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Serious servers are one of my favourites, but still only very recent to me. I would say about 3 months is accurately correct.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Cataclysm gaming is also very new to me, I would say wround a week or so
4. What Time zone are you in?
The United Kingdom/ GMT
5. In what country do you live?
The united Kingdom
6. How old are you?
7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Probably when I was part of an apartment raid to remove all citizens from the apartments. I was on the top floor and almost nowhere to go, but I managed to save my friends and hide them away while I ran to distract the cp. They followed me but I was able to loose them eventually.
8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I would like to believe so, I will always listen as well as speak.

IC Section

Full Name: Antonio G. Hedroe
CID: #02915
Height: 7”
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Hetrosexual
Weight:140.3
Mental Distinctions: Determined, will be serious about the situation even when uncalled for.
Mental Defects:N/A
Mental Advantages: Very focused on his desires, will not be swayed from the path he has chosen by anyone. Will only ask questions if it helps him to decide on actions, not for curiosity.
Notable Qualities: Is a cautious thinker, will carefully think about the actions to take and choose them only after enough thinking. Does this well even in intense situations. However, a downside isn’t a quick thinker in situations requiring such things.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have not.
2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Whenever they are distributed I try to save them, although I will eat them before the next rationing, and will eat them rather regularly, I eat nothing other than the rations given to me.
3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Without a doubt, I would gladly give my life if it sees justice served
4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do, which is why I shall always consider my actions

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
And I shall never be swayed to another path, I would see my own death before I betray the universal union I have chosen to serve.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To see justice served, I want to see criminals put down and the law abiding citizens kept safe. No matter the cost to my life, but not that of my companions.

I, Antonio Hedroe hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted- Ask a superadmin in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:59:21 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »
I'm terrible
'Nuff Said

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Rory Phillips

IC Character Name: James Brown

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.I was always a fan of Half Life 2, and it's rp since 2009. I loved rping as a citizen, i was a loyalist all the time and reported things to combine, while wishing i wanted to be one, i always wished that one day, i can become one. I sooner became more rebelish, and is why i gave up rp, because i realized how hard it was. Now catalyst gaming has hl2rp, very excited, played it, love it, very nice.

Although i was a CP on this server, being behind is the last thing i needed. I am re-applying, but this time, i'm staying in touch. I already know all the training, so basic stuff will be easy for me. I also have a friend of mine "Bobby" who has joined. I would like to keep in touch with his rp, because he is very good at it. All things aside, i wish to join again.

I am also writing a story, it think switching factions would be nice to do. Lets say i have a citizen character, i give the story parts of every chapter. Say 6 chapters it a part. I'm giving 6 chapters each part to each character. So i switch between the CP's story, and the Citizens story (kinda like Goodfellas). Even though i would be writing a story about a fictional game, it's good for ideas.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)Sensitive, Listener, Trustworthy, Open.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?I think the CCA is expecting to be really protective at first. The bigger guys are going to boss me around like they think i'm a nothing at first. Then they will start to realize who i am, then treat me a little better. This happened with my other char when in training. But the SeC will always respect me, and tell the other people when and how to respect me.

The RCT's, may be joking with me, and all "Mr strong guy" to the citizens, some may be really sensitive and think they are fully mentally stable with CP. They will then realize that they were just RCT's. This happens with everything when someone joins something. They know they have to be good at first, then a bit later, they are gonna realize how stupid they think they were.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.It wasn't long ago until my character was born... He was about 4 years old until the portal storms started arriving. It was all over the papers, the news, and the television. James parents started packing to the subway in order to be safe. Thats when the portal storms started coming closer. By the time they got to the stations, the doors started closing. There they stayed for hours, until something happened. James's dad was gone... he wasn't in the station... someone took him. As they laid there, depressed out of there minds, James stood up, looking out the bullet proof glass, he knew a war was starting.

The 7 hour war occurred not long after Black Mesa's messy disaster. He was 12 years old after it had happened. Until he turned 17, he saw the combine rushing. He stayed there as long as he could. Breaching the doors, the Combine rushed in, lining up every person they saw in the station, killing every person they saw hiding or talking. With his hands on his head, and his head to the wall, he looked over his shoulder... his mom had been shot. He opened his eyes in fear, looked to the wall again, closes his eyes tight, pushing his head towards the wall... The gunshot fired... his mom died.

They took him for stand-by when he was 18. He stayed there as he sobbed looking at a picture of his mom, but he still always learned from his father "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars." He knew he had to stand up and fight for the combine... He hated the war, but he also knew he could do something for the combine.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?for about 2 1/2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 3 months

4. What Time zone are you in?Usa/Eastern time

5. In what country do you live?United States of America

6. How old are you?14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?TacoNBanana, moving out and in of bases with the squads.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?I gotta be awake to listen very nicely... As a CCA, i am assure not to miss one damn thing. Yes

IC Section

Full Name: James Brown
CID: 69616
Height:6 feet, 7 inches
Hair ColourBrown
Eye Colour:Green
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:124 pounds
Mental Distinctions:Very sensitive. Open to respect all ranks.
Mental Defects:
Mental Advantages:Extremely good reflexes, really good ears.
Notable Qualities:He can be very sensitive about anything a citizen says about him.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?Not at all.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes i do

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?Yes i am!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?Yes i do!

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?Yes!

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?To fight for the right people, and the right choice! To protect the city of city 45! To make the right choice and help City 45, and the Combine Civil Authority.

I, James Brown hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Already has his CCA acceptance.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:03:35 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »

Offline eaaaa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:iHarvey

IC Character Name: Anthony Darren Matthews

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Anthony wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority because of the current un-sociostabillity.
He believes that by joining the CCA he can get rid of the anti-citizens out of City 45.

He also wants to join the CCA because he wants to have a higher social rank in the Universal Union system and have more authority over the citizens of City 45, a thing that he has wanted to do since he was in his teenager years.

And the final reason is that Anthony respects the CCA and the Combine. They have been caring about the sociostabillity and been giving out rations to the citizens, which he would have died without. Anthony believes that by joining the CCA he can finally serve the benefactors.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Well behaving; strict. The brainwashings of the Combine had made him obey the laws and rules given by them.
Professional; due to his career. 

I believe that the CCA will provide tons and tons of great role-play, but I also believe that it will be a hard time for Anthony as he will have to be professional and to be obeying orders from higher ranked units.
It would let my character roleplay fear to the higher ranked units and create inner-respect with other units which would be a great experience, both ICly and OOCly.

It well let me roleplay a strict and brutal character that will be able to do great things for the Universal Union, the CCA and the humanity, but will also let me roleplay a professional and civilized unit that is respected and honoured by the citizens and the combine. But it will also let me act as a professional unit that loves what he is doing. A unit that will treat his authority as an honor and a great experience. It will also enforce a set of rules upon my character and myself.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Before the Seven Hour War
Anthony was born in the suburbs of a massive metropolitan city to a family that consisted of himself, his parents and his older brother. His parents were leading a successful career in law, both being respected and known lawyers. His older brother was not only a relative but his best friend that advised him in his life. Anthony and his brother both graduated from the same university and they opened up a large civil law organization. His parents passed away when he was twenty four. He was depressed, and resigned from his position as the CEO of the law organization. He moved out into the country side where he lived until the Seven Hour War.

During the Seven Hour War
Anthony was awakened by the loud explosions outside his house, he immediately dressed up into a random set of clothes and climbed down into his basement where he had tried calling his brother, and unfortunately he was unable to contact him. He had stayed in the basement until the explosions were gone. He had climbed back up to the surface, where to his demise nothing was left of the house, but instead were the combine with large ships in the air and several troops infront of him. One of the combine troops came up to him and smashed him in the head with his rifle…

After the Seven Hour War
Anthony awoke in the middle of being transported into a detainment building. On the way there he was shocked and terrified of the new world which was covered in large amounts of destroyed wasteland and such. The ship stopped and he was transported into a large building by large amounts of troops. He had no clue what had happened previously due to him being brain-washed by the combine. He had to wait only a couple of minutes before being transported to his new home, City 45.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Since April this year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? April, 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in? BST / GMT.

5. In what country do you live? United Kingdom.

6. How old are you? Fifteen. Sixteen in a month.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Passive roleplay with a couple of friends, talking about random things, laughing at each others jokes, drinking.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Anthony Darren Matthews
CID: (( Updating as soon as possible. )) 
Height: 5 feet, 11 inches.
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: -Dark- Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: A great writer, able to react quickly and well.
Mental Defects: Anger management issues against anti-citizens, or generally bad-behaving citiziens.
Mental Advantages: Able to react quickly.
Notable Qualities: Agile; strong.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Of course.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

I want to join the CCA to maintain sociostabillity of City 45, and keep the city civilized and in a good social condition. I would also like to join the CCA because it lets me serve the Universal Union, which I would be very proud of.

I, Anthony Darren Matthews hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied- Number 3 is too short.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:17:24 AM by iHarvey »
HL2RP Characters

Leonard C. Kensington / C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.56752
A 28-year-old former MIT engineer and computer scientist, currently a recruit in the Metropolice Force.

Lilith Wright
A 23-year-old former biomedical scientist; currently an intern at the Citizen Hospital of City 18.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »
[The answers in the IC Chat section are in bold for some reason, can't seem to fix it]
OOC Section

OOC Name:Lewis

IC Character Name:Sesmo Iridimo

Sesmo wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority as he believes that Our Benefactors have done great things for everyone, and he wishes to repay them in anyway possible.
Another reason Sesmo wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority is that he has seen times when unlawful citizens have broken the peace and sociostability that the Combine Civil Authority establish and enforce
Overall, Sesmo wants to join the Combine Civil Authority to make City 45 a better place for everyone, by keeping sociostability in order and anti-civil activities to a minimal level.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Sesmo is a rather bold, straight to the point person who never breaks his promises.

Sesmo is expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be tough, but a good way of life, it will be hard, but Sesmo is determined to stick to the job and get his work done.

I think being in the Combine Civil Authority will be tough at first, but it will allow some more RP and passive situations for me to take part in.

Sesmo was born in the former Yugoslavia, or to be more specific, Kosovo. As a young child, Sesmo was
bullied and beaten by his father, a raging alcoholic, until he fled his home at the age of 13.
Around the age of 15, Sesmo was taken into an orphanage, meeting the first and possibly his best friend, Josip Patin. Life was fairly well for Sesmo for the next few years, he attented a local school in the weekdays and would mainly sit in his room and read books at weekends.
 A few years later, Sesmo was sitting in the main room in the orphanage, watching the breaking news on the television; Yugoslavia had broken into war. Later that month, an almost empty truck had driven to the village, taking young men to war, and killing any Croats in the village. Sesmo was terrified, not for himself, but for Josip, who was a Croat. When the men came to the orphanage, they started questioning people, inspecting young men to see if they could fight in the war, Sesmo was one of the many taken to the truck, sadly, his friend Josip was taken to another truck, this was the last time Sesmo would see him.
During the war, Sesmo yet again befriended some people, many of them boy soldiers such as himself. When the violence escalated, Sesmo could take no more of it, he had seen his friends blown apart, shot to death, killing themselves, all of this had torn Sesmo apart. One night, while in camp, Sesmo saw this as his one and only chance to run away.
After escaping from his camp, Sesmo hitched a ride on a truck, eventually finding himself in a small town in France, called Epernay, where he lived in privacy and isolation until the Combine took over Earth.

OOC Details

Around a year.
Around 8 months

Since mid-February 2011

GMT + 00

Scotland

6. How old are you?

Well, to be honest, I think any experience is memorable, but one of the best times I had was on some (dead) RP server when there were multiple people wanting to be mayor/president, so we set up a small voting area in a warehouse, complete with ballot boxes and  booths, and propaganda from the (wannabe?) mayors/presidents.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Sesmo Iridimo
CID: 02692
Height: 6,1
Hair Colour Greying - Black
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 177 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Sane
Mental Defects: Post-Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD)
Mental Advantages: Photographic memory
Notable Qualities: Some firearm training

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, never.

Yes

Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will.

To maintain order and sociostability in City 45.

I, Sesmo Iridimo hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath.I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Number 3 is too short.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:05:16 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Otto

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Otto

IC Character Name: Jack Wright

Jack hadn't planned on joining the Combine, in fact he loathed them.  He witnessed the decimation of his planet, his country, his friends, his family.  They took everything from him.  If anything, he felt a strong sense of duty to fight the oppressors. 

After caught supplying illegal foods to citizens in the city, Civil Protection busted down his door.  He spent the next month in isolation.  After being let out, he was changed.  He was no longer rebellious or vibrant.  His eyes were dead, and he spoke few words.

Fast forward some time.  The poisoned water has corrupted his mind.  He begins to forget his past life, and why he hates the Combine.  The Universal Union is all I need.  I love it.  They give me food, water, shelter.  But these foul people want to take these things away from me.  I must defend the Universal Union.

Though beaten and malnourished over the many years of Combine occupation, Jack has managed to retain his keen and alert personality. Taught to hunt as a boy, his self-awareness and knowledge of the world around him have got him through rough times.  However, the brainwashing has taken effect over the years, and will blindly follow the Union to his death.

You start as a recruit, basically just a citizen in a uniform. You are still learning the ropes of the CCA, and usually treated like crap by your superiors. Over time however, I will begin to lose some emotions for the citizens and become harsher and more sadistic.  You are to follow your superiors' orders without question.

Most of the time my character will probably be patrolling and constantly using my radio.  Sometimes I'll keep guard at a checkpoint or ration distribution.  Beating a citizen will become a fact of life.  Occasionally I might even engage in a firefight.   

Jack was born on a farm outside what is now City 45 with two loving parents.  He was a hard worker and did well in school.  Often he went out hunting with his father.  He grew accustomed to his Remington rifle, and became a good shot.  He had a good life; two loving parents and a bright future.  Then, everything changed. 

Jack flicked on the TV.  News clips showed "Portal Storms" raging and region-wide evacuations.  Then the TV shut off and the room went dark.  There was a loud bang, glass shattered nearby, followed by a shout.  Jack grabbed his rifle, and walked outside.  His father was on the ground, shaking and moaning.  Jack rushed over to his father, then stopped in his tracks.  There was something on his face.  It was bulging, and had claws wrapped tightly around his face.  His father gradually stopped shaking, then got up. 
"Dad?"
He growled, and started shambling towards him.  A shot rang out. 
Jack dropped his rifle, crying.  His mother stepped outside, embracing him. 

The next day, flatbeds packed with soldiers passed by their house.  Jack and his mother called out, and one of them stopped.  They hopped aboard, and his mother asked one of the soldiers of where they were going.  He mentioned something about heading to a city, and when she asked about the state of the country, the soldier simply shuddered and said, "It's gone."

Soon enough they arrived. Tall walls and barbed wire fences surrounded the city.  Refugees were processed through the checkpoints.  Belongings were taken away and piled up.  A loudspeaker played music and urged people to remain calm.  As Jack and his mother were moving through the mass, he lost grip of her hand.  He called out, and panicked.  He couldn't find her.

"Citizen reminder, inaction is conspiracy.  Report all counter-behavior." 

Years later, the Combine took over.  Huge screens were erected in plazas and propaganda posters were plastered along the walls.    Beatings became a fact of life.  Rations were sparse and menial.  Jack had enough.  Through a few friends, he gained access to contraband food.  He soon supplied other citizens with the food himself, but he slipped up.  Civil Protection bashed down his door and dragged him away.

Jack was thrown in a cell, and never saw the light again for a month.  When he came out, he was changed.  He no longer was his same vibrant, rebellious self.  The vitamins and poisoned water took its toll on him.  He forgets his past and why he hates the oppressors.  But he no longer saw them as oppressors, he saw them as liberators.  He believes in everything they stand for and will blindly follow them to the death.

But one image has been burned into a his mind; his hand grasping his mother's hand.

OOC Details

Two-three years?

A year and a half.

A week.

EST.

United States.

6. How old are you?

This would probably be on an old server called Mobius. 

I was an 01 at the time, and citizens were being unruley in the plaza.  Myself and all the other units lined them up against the wall,  I believe about 20 of them.  One or two were shot in the back of the head as an example, and slumped down against the wall.  Then one of the citizens charged at us and I cut him down with my SMG, and soon enough everyone began firing.   After a few moments, the firing stopped and all that was left was blood and bodies.  The bodies were piled up shortly after and burned.  I don't think I've ever been so engrossed in roleplay before.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Wright
CID: 51940
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Brown.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Weight: 155 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Disciplined, rather quiet.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Keen senses.
Notable Qualities: A man of action.

N/A

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I wish to serve and prove my worth to the Universal Union.  I fully believe in the cause and what it stands for.  If we could just collaborate and quit being so foolish, we could truly become immortal.  I am more than willing to give up my life for civilization against any "resistance" fighter or foul thing.

I, Jack Wright, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied- Not playing long enough and this is your first post.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:16:59 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »

Offline eaaaa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:iHarvey

IC Character Name: Gabriel Baker

Anthony wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority because of the current un-sociostabillity.
He believes that by joining the CCA he can get rid of the anti-citizens out of City 45, maintain proper sociostabillity and enforce the civilized laws of Universal Union.

He also wants to join the CCA because he wants to have a higher social rank in the Universal Union system and have more authority over the citizens of City 45, a thing that he has wanted to do since he was in his teenager years.

And the final reason is that Anthony respects the CCA and the Combine. They have been caring about the sociostabillity and been giving out rations to the citizens, which he would have died without. Anthony believes that by joining the CCA he can finally serve the benefactors.

Well behaving; strict. The brainwashings of the Combine had made him obey the laws and rules given by them.
Hardworking and loyal; due to his 'career'.

I believe that the CCA will provide tons and tons of great role-play, but I also believe that it will be a hard time for Anthony as he will have to be professional and to be obeying orders from higher ranked units.
It would let my character roleplay fear to the higher ranked units and create inner-respect with other units which would be a great experience, both ICly and OOCly.

It well let me roleplay a strict and brutal character that will be able to do great things for the Universal Union, the CCA and the humanity, but will also let me roleplay a professional and civilized unit that is respected and honoured by the citizens and the combine. But it will also let me act as a professional unit that loves what he is doing. A unit that will treat his authority as an honor and a great experience. It will also enforce a set of rules upon my character and myself.

Before the Seven Hour War
Gabriel was born in a small village in the countryside of Wisconsin. He was born into an average family; his father being the worker; working at his own farm; and mother being the home-maker. He did not have a brother or a sister. Gabriel received basic education at the local village, and graduated from a high-school. He did not go to a university; he thought it would be pointless, and instead he started working at the local fields. He was a hard-working individual that always gave up all the strength he had to support his family and himself.

During the Seven Hour War
Gabriel was working in the fields, when suddenly; a large object exploded about two-hundred yards away from him. The explosion forced him to drop his tools and fall onto his own back. He shook his head, as he glared in the sky with his eyes wide open; he noticed large amounts of huge drop ships flying in the sky and dropping canisters and explosives onto the planet Earth. Gabriel quickly stood up and ran to the nearest shelter, an underground basement. The basement was crowded with people, Gabriel could hardly breathe. It was only ten minutes before the bombings were stopped, the group – one by one exited the basement, slowly and cautiously. Everything outside the basement was destroyed; the nearby fields were covered with fire and debris from the explosions.  A large group of combine soldiers was standing in front of Gabriel, their rifles aiming straight at him and before he could even react to them, he was knocked out. He landed on his back, breathing heavily and eventually; he lost consciousness.

After the Seven Hour War
Gabriel woke up in a small cell; there was a crowd of people around him as well. Suddenly, the combine entered the cells and grabbed every single person outside; to the drop ships. Gabriel did not resist at all; he was already brainwashed; he believed in a set of rules that were different compared to other people in the cells. Gabriel was then transported to City 18; he was also issued a pair of Universal Union – branded clothes and a ration pack.

City Eighteen
As soon as he arrived at City Eighteen, he was issued a house in the CCH, it wasn’t big, but it was enough for him, as he lived there on his own; the Combine brainwashed him so badly that he did not remember his past; the only thing that remained was his skills. He spent his time mostly in the plaza in front of the Combine Civil Housing, talking to strangers, but also the Civil Protection, who, he thought were glorious. Ever since Gabriel lived in City Eighteen, he had looked up to the Civil Protection as a force that kept the sociostabillity and laws together. He thought that there would be chaos without them. He dreamed of joining the CCA, but thought that he was un able to do so.
After a couple of months spent at City Eighteen, the population was being evacuated due to a huge exogen breach, countless citizens were killed, but Gabriel was lucky and managed to get away with the help of CCA, the new destination was C45.

City Forty-Five
Gabriel woke up as the train to City Forty Five stopped; he was quickly re-located to a new house. He heard about the CCA recruitment opening up, he was ecstatic by the news and quickly decided to fill out an application, he did not wait long to do so.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Two years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Since April.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? A month.

4. What Time zone are you in?BST / GMT

5. In what country do you live? United Kingdom, UK.

6. How old are you? Fifteen. Sixteen in a month.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Today; passive roleplaying infront of a camp fire with a complete stranger.

IC Section

Full Name: Gabriel Baker
CID:87618
Height: 5' 11''.
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 125 LBS.
Mental Distinctions: Able to read and write well.
Mental Defects: Anxious.
Mental Advantages: Able to react in time, great thinking abilities.
Notable Qualities: Hard-working, loyal, agile and strong.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? I eat them regulary.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

I want to join the Combine Civil Authority because I want to maintain the sociostabillity of the city; enforce the laws of the Universal Union and detain or amputate the anti-citizens.

I, Gabriel Baker hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted- Ask a superadmin+ in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:20:04 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »
HL2RP Characters

Leonard C. Kensington / C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.56752
A 28-year-old former MIT engineer and computer scientist, currently a recruit in the Metropolice Force.

Lilith Wright
A 23-year-old former biomedical scientist; currently an intern at the Citizen Hospital of City 18.

Offline Toy4x4funrun

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
CCA applications are now CLOSED.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:20:25 PM by [CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal