Author Topic: Today's the day! Garry's Mod 13 Release  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Today's the day! Garry's Mod 13 Release
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »

As most of you know, in roughly 4 hours from this post Garry will push Garry's Mod 13 to Valve. If you haven't already, I suggest reading the news post as it gives information as to what will happen.

What does this mean for Catalyst Gaming? In short, the servers will go down until we have converted the gamemodes.  More details follow:

Half Life 2 Roleplay: The servers (both outlands and city) will be down for an indeterminable amount of time. We have to wait for CloudSixteen to release Clockwork and then as soon as that is done, we will do our best to bring it online as soon as possible.  The minute I get the gamemode in my hand, I will evaluate them (as there will be 2, Clockwork Legacy which is a rewrite of OpenAura to work on GM13, and Clockwork with the HL2RP2 schema.) I will determine which one will be better for the community (most likely the newer HL2RP2) and get it working to where we have a server online.  NOTE: Characters may not transfer right away. I will do what I can do transfer them, but if they do not transfer on the server release, I will post a news thread about it.  Also, I will be working before I even get the gamemode to make sure the servers (both outlands and city) have all the content needed. This means HL2, Ep1+2, CSS, Portal, TF2, etc.

Harbor Roleplay: It's live at 64.31.14.198:27016

Orange Cosmos RP 1.5: It's live at 64.31.14.198:27015

TTT: It's live at 64.31.14.194:27015

Orange Cosmos RP 2: Crap-Head is busy working on it as fast as he can, we are hoping for a mid-November release, but we cannot guarantee anything at this time as Crap-Head has to recode a lot that was lost in the hard drive crash.

Sandbox: Will go online as soon as addons are updated to GM13 supported versions.

I have just created a mailing list for those who want to receive emails regarding the process of the servers. I will not spam you, and I will be deleting the system as soon as we finish all servers being installed.  Emails will be sent for when servers finish coming online, as well as for status for HL2RP and other gamemodes if important.

You can subscribe at http://manes.me/cgmail/?p=subscribe

Please note you may get a confirmation email. Please confirm it otherwise you may not receive my emails.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:43:09 PM by Crap-Head »

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Today's the day! Garry's Mod 13 Release
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
Thank you very much for the update!  I needed to know what was going to happen today, as today IS the big day.
~Rose

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »
Im confused do we need to buy gmod 13 or is it a update for people. im confused also will OCRP be online till ocrp 2 comes out
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
I'm glad we're switching to Clockwork, OpenAura has already been updated for GMod13 but Kurogayel is apparently charging like 30 dollars for the bloody thing, lol.

Im confused do we need to buy gmod 13 or is it a update for people. im confused also will OCRP be online till ocrp 2 comes out

it's an update lol

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
I'm glad we're switching to Clockwork, OpenAura has already been updated for GMod13 but Kurogayel is apparently charging like 30 dollars for the bloody thing, lol.

it's an update lol

Thank fucking god i thought i needed to buy it again. i am sorta upset no OCRP for a month
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »

it's an update lol

OpenAura is being released to current owners of schemas as Clockwork Legacy. It will not be released until AT LEAST Clockwork's release.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
Eh, atleast we have TTT and sandbox at the release. Hopefully we can get those populated, they were fun.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
I don't know who gave you the information about OCRP1.5 (im assuming Rofl), but it will be converted. It should be up for release, or latest tomorrow.

http://garrysmod.com/post/34223521098/todays-the-day <-- Heres some more information.
I would also highly suggest that you back up your maps, models and materials. As well as addons. Better be safe than sorry. You will also have to wipe your addon folder for all of your "scripts". Content addons should do just fine, but smartsnap or whatever you have, will need to be removed because it WILL break.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:20:57 AM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »
I don't know who gave you the information about OCRP1.5 (im assuming Rofl), but it will be converted. It should be up for release, or latest tomorrow.

Forget who told me and when I posted this you were not online to check so ye

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
Eh, atleast we have TTT and sandbox at the release. Hopefully we can get those populated, they were fun.
I agree, will populate TTT if I get some people to help me.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
I'll definitely be jumping onto TTT

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
I have just created a mailing list for those who want to receive emails regarding the process of the servers. I will not spam you, and I will be deleting the system as soon as we finish all servers being installed.  Emails will be sent for when servers finish coming online, as well as for status for HL2RP and other gamemodes if important.

You can subscribe at http://manes.me/cgmail/?p=subscribe

Please note you may get a confirmation email. Please confirm it otherwise you may not receive my emails.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:49:00 AM by Adam Veratus »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Edited the OP.

Orange Cosmos RP 1.5: Finished converting OCRP1.5 at 6PM ~ Crap-Head
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
Edited the OP.

Orange Cosmos RP 1.5: Finished converting OCRP1.5 at 6PM ~ Crap-Head
Thats if gmod update doesnt break it :P

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
IMPORTANT
With the release update, Garry said that addons needs a little change to work in GMod 13.

The little change, is that you will need to rename info.txt to addon.txt on all the addons you decide to keep after the switch. Its still suggested to only keep content addons unless you know what you are doing, and knows which addons works for GMod 13, and which doesn't.

But you will still need to RENAME info.txt to addon.txt on ALL of your addons inside the addon folder.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal