Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Kory Sroka's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1163 times)

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Kory Sroka's Civil Authority Application
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:05:19 AM »
Kory Sroka's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Evilmaster/Moon

IC Character Name: Kory Sroka

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Kory lived in an area with a very high crime rate and very low income, almost a slum. She was mugged a lot and even raped once, causing her to act differently towards males than she would with other females, being lesbian only made the experience worse. Ever since her dad was stabbed in the slums, she wanted to join law enforcement of some sort, the police tried to avoid the area she lived in, it was run by wealthy gangs, and cops were either paid off or too scared to do anything about it. The reason she didn't join law enforcement, was she was not strong enough to pass the physical tests, seeing the union augmentations as an opportunity.

Kory looks very highly upon the Union, preferring to be around the CCA more-so than other civilians. Her dream ever since the combine have invaded is to see a city administrator, being brainwashed into believing that these people were the perfect people, and viewing their word as gospel. She has been into district 6 a few times, seeing a few members of the so called "resistance", being assaulted and almost mugged before she got away and cried for help from a unit, detaining the man.

That experience, which she recovered emotionally from and following the words of the great city administrators made her view the resistance as thugs trying to disrupt the peace, almost developing a hatred of them. She also knows that the CCA can be quite harsh, and people end up disliking the combine. She does understand, and is going to try and perhaps refresh peoples view of the CCA, upholding the law and trying to be nicer than most high ranking units, assuming she gets this far (she will fail, being more brainwashed as she goes, from a nice girl to a cold, heartless monster, which will be fun to develop).

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
 At the moment, Lawful, reporting every crime she sees. Good, generous, honest, kindhearted and quite merciful as a low ranked CCA. Also quite intelligent, an IQ of 140.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
This is going to be a completely new experience so I will pay 100% attention to all of my training. It will be a long and hard journey  but hopefully very worthwhile. It will be fun as well, a change from the civilian rp, probably taking priority over my vortigaunts as well. Im still quite new to HL2RP, but I feel I am able enough to be able to roleplay a CCA unit quite well, this will also be fun as I roleplay Kory from the good heart-ed, innocent woman she is now into a cold shell of her ex-humanistic characteristics.

For kory, it is going to be a satisfying journey of being trained and upholding the law and performing her duties. It will also be as mentioned development from her old personality and being subconsciously brainwashed further and further into thinking of the civilians of a lesser race, perhaps even hating them as much as she does now to the rebels. She will also feel better about herself, finally reaching what she had dreamed of as a child, and having the sense of satisfaction of capturing criminals like the ones that she had to live with herself.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
 Kory was born in a very poor, lawless part of Iran. The country was ravaged by war and where she lived was run by lots of wealthy, armed gangs. You either did what they said, or you died. Kory grew up with her dad, her mother dying from childbirth, not being able to get to a hospital. She was very close to her father who actually managed to get her a decent education. It was very costly and due to this he had to get three jobs. He probably would have stopped if Kory did not have such a rare talent at Science and was also quite Linguistic. She lacked a muscular figure, eating whatever she could find, and tried to talk her way out of situations rather than use violence. Of course, in a place run by violent gangs, that didn't work. They took what they wanted, and this left Kory with an insatiable hunger for power. She stayed in education and learned whatever she could.

When she was 12, she came home from school to an empty house. She waited in their home for 6 hours, quite worried. The sun was setting, and still no sign of her dad. She put on her shoes and looked outside for him, asking people if they had seen him. She returned at 1AM to no avail, perhaps he would be back tomorrow she thought. Quite peckish, she went into the fridge for something to eat, only to see her father stuffed in the fridge, dead. She screamed and screamed, crying, until her neighbor came in, she took Kory in. Kory never did recover, swearing to find who did this, and kill them.

Her neighbor fed her, gave her a place to sleep. She was thankful, but soon enough alcohol came into the household. By the age of fourteen, she was assaulted on numerous occasion. Nobody dared to help her, as Kory had not known her neighbor was actually working for one of the main gangs. It was when she turned fifteen, drugs came in too and she was almost murdered, escaping the house and running away. She ran until she was in the drained canal, sitting down against the wall and falling asleep.

She awoke with shadows around her, chattering lightly, silenced as she opened her eyes. There were four girls, three looking similar to herself, they offered to let her live with them, taking pity on her. The school would not let her stay there with nobody paying the fees anymore. She politely accepted, and survived as best she could in those canals. The girls were around 18, being more knowledgeable, having run away from the towns like Kory. They taught her how to survive, although being reliant on Technology it was very hard on her.

In the course of two years, she grew very close to them. She even got into a relationship with one of the girls: Sera. She had long blond beautiful hair that swayed in the wind and piercing blue eyes. Kory loved her almost as much as her father and they got closer and closer Sera revealed that the girls were all part of a vigilante group, fighting against the gangs. She was worried, and with reason. They came in the night, killing Sera and kidnapping the rest.

She woke up the next night, the skies ripped open in blue storms. Aliens were everywhere, Vortigaunts and headcrabs, zombies too, slowly killing all of her kidnappers. She walked through her prison of sorts and reached the main room, with a few men with SMG's firing in all directions, a man in the middle she presumed was the leader. Her attention turned to a desk full of photos, a picture of her dad and Sera with a cross over them. Enraged, she picked up a pistol from the floor, aiming, using the element of surprise and shot a bullet right through the leaders head. It felt good, she liked it. She had gotten some sort of revenge, but it was cut short as antlions burst through the wall. She ran and ran, running for her life until she bumped into a human like figure, cladded in armour holding an SMG. She was knocked unconscious.

She woke up in a train station, lying in a bed. She noticed two cans next to her bed, ripping them open, the supplements were quite tasty. The breen water was even better, trickling down her throat.
It tasted different, her brain tingling and she begun to have light amnesia. Quite worried she asked a unit what was happening, but to no response. The amnesia wore off and eventually she felt like she was forgetting something. She continued drinking and eventually she forgot more and more, almost as if the memories were being.. replaced.
She lived in city 48 for a while, sticking to herself, still quite emotionally scarred. She admired the CCA, upholding the law doing whatever it takes. She wanted to apply, but was moved due to overpopulation. Now she lives in city 45, thankful for protection from the creatures from Xen, hoping to join the civil protection.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
6 years, as I started very early.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
A year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Almost three weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT+0

5. In what country do you live?
England

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most recent would be me going into district 6 with my window cleaning buddies for a drink when we heard noises from the warehouse. We ignored it, sitting on the bar when a zombie burst from the floorboards. We ran out, unarmed, shutting the door and telling people to move. We slowly re-entered, the zombie gone. Uneasily sitting down for a drink, when it re-appeared, and in numbers. We ran further into district 6, just to be ambushed by an antlion. My friend got pushed off the railings and broke his leg and we sought him medical attention. It was very fun and blood pumping.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Kory Sroka
CID: 30320
Height: 5ft9
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight (had to change this)
Weight: 120lb.
Mental Distinctions: Acts differently around men.
Mental Defects: Merciful, pitiful.
Mental Advantages: Intelligent, skilled in medicine, fast reactions.
Notable Qualities: A good thinker but quite weak.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I was studying CCA units, hoping to apply someday. They took me in, presuming I was working for the resistance or something, interrogated me and I was released uncharged. Another time she was detained for leaving district 6, not sure what for to be honest.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
When they are issued.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, my life for the Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, my actions are my responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
The CCA seem to be a very good law enforcement, and hopefully I can gain something from the experience. The CCA is the next step in evolution and the way forward in Kory's eyes. I have never been in the CCA before so this will be very new and exciting.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Kory Sroka hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:00:42 PM by ?Purple? »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kory Sroka's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
UNIT:
DIVISION:
CLEARANCE:
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Kory Sroka>
Citizen Identification Number: 30320

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <Full Unit Name>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [ACCEPTED]Kory Sroka's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »
UNIT: 738
DIVISION: GRID
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Kory Sroka>
Citizen Identification Number: 30320

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit N/A(Unkown) ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.GRID-DvL.738>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal