Author Topic: Is CG 'Dying'?  (Read 10860 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is CG 'Dying'?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
With that said, I feel I need to stress the fact that Catalyst-Gaming is not in danger of shutting down, however we have had discussions about downsizing while we attempt to bring down costs. You can play on our servers confident that your hard work and digital items won't be made worthless in the foreseeable future.

you'd be suprised. server bill, vps for the website, dos protection, taxes etc adds up to about 800$ a month. that doesn't include paying devs

With both of these said someone77 your answer is very hollow.  Why do i say this?  HRP is being used as a life line for a bill that wont be paid off in donations alone.  Currently its a major rely on the more active part of the playerbase to throw cash into the ship.  However 800$ a month is an insane price to pay for almost nothing.  What im getting at is when roflwaffle starts telling us we are short on the bill it gets worrisome for some of us. 

I say that because if we ever can't pay we aren't just going to say "Whelp!" and close shop. We have fallback plans in case we need to keep this place running on $0, it just wouldn't be ideal for anyone. We're determined to keep our services available and will do anything to do so. It's important to remember that while most of you may not have faith in our staff, one thing we're not is stupid. We've been doing this for a long time now, we know how to keep doing it.

Wait, how would CG run on 0$? Is that even possible?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
With that said, I feel I need to stress the fact that Catalyst-Gaming is not in danger of shutting down, however we have had discussions about downsizing while we attempt to bring down costs. You can play on our servers confident that your hard work and digital items won't be made worthless in the foreseeable future.

you'd be suprised. server bill, vps for the website, dos protection, taxes etc adds up to about 800$ a month. that doesn't include paying devs

With both of these said someone77 your answer is very hollow.  Why do i say this?  HRP is being used as a life line for a bill that wont be paid off in donations alone.  Currently its a major rely on the more active part of the playerbase to throw cash into the ship.  However 800$ a month is an insane price to pay for almost nothing.  What im getting at is when roflwaffle starts telling us we are short on the bill it gets worrisome for some of us. 

I say that because if we ever can't pay we aren't just going to say "Whelp!" and close shop. We have fallback plans in case we need to keep this place running on $0, it just wouldn't be ideal for anyone. We're determined to keep our services available and will do anything to do so. It's important to remember that while most of you may not have faith in our staff, one thing we're not is stupid. We've been doing this for a long time now, we know how to keep doing it.

Wait, how would CG run on 0$? Is that even possible?

god forbid they put personal money into it, afaik rofl has an actual job so if it comes down to it he can pay for it/anyone else who wants to

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:19 AM »
The only staff member i ever had much faith in was you because your the only one who has managed to keep their sense in my time at CG.  And wasting personal money to continue to run CG would be silly.  Honestly if it falls through i agree to just close shop.  Maybe start again some other time.  Communities do not last forever, and CG has gone through its course.  But who knows, i can be mentally insane.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal