Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Elder Scrolls Online
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:10:32 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI</a>

So uh, who else isn't going to have any social life after this? Well, I don't even have none to start with.  8)

I for one love the elder scrolls series, as well as the fallout series but that's not what I wanted to pointlessly talk about.
I've watched arena be played which is kinda' cool if you know how rare that one is, but I really want that combat. Guild Wars II combat is great, clicking the mouse to attack and not clicking buttons on a hot-bar seems a lot better, but what do y'all think about all of it? Like that huge MEGA SERVER and such.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:12:18 AM by CG-Qman »

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »
I personally would have more fun doing WoW or League. Like is it going to be a MMORPG? or more like.... "hurr durr kill ery body"? I don't see all the hype bout it really, it's gunna be buggy as shit like most of Bethesda games, and they will only patch a few of them then leave them for the rest of us to derp with.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
I personally would have more fun doing WoW or League. Like is it going to be a MMORPG? or more like.... "hurr durr kill ery body"? I don't see all the hype bout it really, it's gunna be buggy as shit like most of Bethesda games, and they will only patch a few of them then leave them for the rest of us to derp with.
You're probably right, hopefully they will step up some moderation and interesting gaming for an MMO. Maybe it'll go down like Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »
You're probably right, hopefully they will step up some moderation and interesting gaming for an MMO. Maybe it'll go down like Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic.

assuming bethesda is the developer

zenimax online studios is developing it, bethesda is just publishing and this is their first game they are developing so we have no idea what it may be like but the cinematic trailer for ESO is amazing

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »
Zenimax owns Bethseda so it's not really different, but Zenimax have done decent MMOs before, i just hope they don't let it fall into stupid characters and storys (Elder Scrolls lore doesnt have pink hair cute girls wearing almost nothing running around slicing up monsters)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:16:51 AM »
Zenimax owns Bethseda so it's not really different, but Zenimax have done decent MMOs before

Zenimax Online Studios is the one developing for Elder Scrolls Online, which is another subsidiary of Zenimax Media, like Bethesda, and it is their first game for that division and ESO bas been in work by them since that division was first established in 2007.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:18:54 AM »
I'd much rather they spend their time on Fallout 4... A new Elder Scrolls game should be a once every four/five years thing.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
Zenimax owns Bethseda so it's not really different, but Zenimax have done decent MMOs before

Zenimax Online Studios is the one developing for Elder Scrolls Online, which is another subsidiary of Zenimax Media, like Bethesda, and it is their first game for that division and ESO bas been in work by them since that division was first established in 2007.

But it's still part of Zenimax, the founder of the subsidiary and most of the developers have experience with making mmos

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »

But it's still part of Zenimax, the founder of the subsidiary and most of the developers have experience with making mmos

no they dont, they have experience mainly in fps due to ID, RPGs due to bethesda and some other games they made but theyve hardly made MMOs

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »
The founder has experience in the company that made warhammer online and ultima forever and the team's purpose is to specalize in mmos, they haven't just hired random developers, so yes they have experience in mmos
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:37:07 AM by Smt »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Eh, I guess this'll be worth checking out and maybe playing a bit. Maybe I'll apply for the beta or something once it becomes available. I like the TES series and all, but not all into mmo's that much anymore.They'll have to make it really interesting for me to get into, which I kinda doubt will happen. I'm more interested in Bethesda making the next game in the Fallout series, personally. But again, this seems worth looking into further and waiting for at least.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal