Author Topic: KONY 2012 - A video you must see.  (Read 8566 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: KONY 2012 - A video you must see.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
This makes me glad I'm working on behalf of the British Red Cross atm. What makes people do this sort of shit? I truly don't know. This guy needs to be brought down hard.
I wish I had a trillion pounds sometimes, because I'd love to help organisations like this out.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
Yea, this is truly sad but i am confused about one major thing. Why is everyone freaking out now? These things have been happening in Africa for a while and just now people are in an uproar about it?

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
Yea, this is truly sad but i am confused about one major thing. Why is everyone freaking out now? These things have been happening in Africa for a while and just now people are in an uproar about it?
One of those faddy sorts of things I guess. It's still good that people are becoming MORE aware though imo.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »
One of those faddy sorts of things I guess. It's still good that people are becoming MORE aware though imo.
WISDOM SUCH WISDO

In my opinion, there's always people that don't get things, or they have to ruin things.
I think you don't have to point out the obvious fact that this has been happening for a while now, you can point out the fact that someone actually POINTED OUT #KONY2012

No one is freaking out. There's someone in Africa, freaking out, his name's Joseph.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
Too bad that this invisible children thing is a fraud and the co-founder got arrested for masturbating in public.  Also, for all we know, they could be lying about this Kony shit, we don't know the full story.  I agree, the entire thing is wrong, but anyways, that's my opinion and what not

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »
Many things in society today are changing at an exponential rate. Technology is increasing vastly, as well as the human population. But what about the other side of that? Have we considered what may be rapidly decreasing? I've got an example: morality. We've got gigantic corporations hell-bent on making that extra dollar that they would infringe upon the liberties of human beings. We have a politicians who are hypocritical in their so-called beliefs in Christianity. But, I do not believe morality is on a permanent course to extinction. No, and this upcoming challenge could prove important to the humanitarian call to action in the future. There is a man of the lowest quality, turning young children against those they love, turning BOYS into SOLDIERS and GIRLS into SEX SLAVES. His purpose? Apparently unknown. His name is Joseph Cony, and some believe him to be the Hitler of our time. I believe that now is the time to prove that the humanitarian cause can be rekindled. I believe that it is a duty of man to help his fellow brother and sister and rid an oppressed Ugandan people of the monster that dares commit such heinous crimes against humanity.

CAPTURE JOSEPH CONY, 2012

Ok I'm gonna start sounding like a heartless bastard but oh well...

Morality is definitely not decreasing; it is very much on the rise. Once upon a time children warriors would have been used globally, not just in 3rd world countries. In some Islamic extremist countries you may have heard of some of those laws? That used to be the norm all around the world. Charities once upon a time did not exist, you had to sort out a problem yourself or die trying. Morality is most definitely not on the decrease.

Also you cannot compare kony to the monster that Hitler was. What pissed me off more was the fact that in this video in a most American way they compared Osama Bin laden to Hitler. Osama Bin Laden kill 3000 in 9/11 and then perhaps a few more in the Middle East. Kony kidnapped and hurt a couple of 1000 people/children. Hitler massacred 6 million people in his own country and almost drove them to extinction. And that is excluding the rest of the soldiers that died fighting for him and fighting against him.

Finally a problem with the charity is that only 30% of the income went towards "fighting" Kony. Plus one does not simply destabilise a Uganda warlord by liking a facebook status :L

What we should all be doing is actually doing our homework. Do any of you know how many other things like this are happening all over the world in different ways? Whether is it natural disaster or war. If you all care so much give up your life, go out there and make a real difference. Stop buying yourself all these corporate pieces of worthless shit and use all your money to help others. Don't feel like doing that? Didn't think so. Yes this is horrible but we aren’t helping by sitting here saying its horrible.

Of course I am being hypocritical about this because I haven’t done anything, at least I won't pretend I am a saint for saying I am going to put a poster on a wall. To sum up: If you really do care about the suffering Humans of the world than go out there and make a difference. If you don't, then sit back in your comfy chair and stay quite. For you are no worse than them their selves.

Inaction is the greatest evil of mankind.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:18:46 PM by [IG] St Panda King »
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Hilarious ?sometimes?.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
Anyone doing the blink?

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR ME IS GOOD A PHOTOSTORE!  YAEH!

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 07:14:59 PM »
Many things in society today are changing at an exponential rate. Technology is increasing vastly, as well as the human population. But what about the other side of that? Have we considered what may be rapidly decreasing? I've got an example: morality. We've got gigantic corporations hell-bent on making that extra dollar that they would infringe upon the liberties of human beings. We have a politicians who are hypocritical in their so-called beliefs in Christianity. But, I do not believe morality is on a permanent course to extinction. No, and this upcoming challenge could prove important to the humanitarian call to action in the future. There is a man of the lowest quality, turning young children against those they love, turning BOYS into SOLDIERS and GIRLS into SEX SLAVES. His purpose? Apparently unknown. His name is Joseph Cony, and some believe him to be the Hitler of our time. I believe that now is the time to prove that the humanitarian cause can be rekindled. I believe that it is a duty of man to help his fellow brother and sister and rid an oppressed Ugandan people of the monster that dares commit such heinous crimes against humanity.

CAPTURE JOSEPH CONY, 2012

Ok I'm gonna start sounding like a heartless bastard but oh well...

Morality is definitely not decreasing; it is very much on the rise. Once upon a time children warriors would have been used globally, not just in 3rd world countries. In some Islamic extremist countries you may have heard of some of those laws? That used to be the norm all around the world. Charities once upon a time did not exist, you had to sort out a problem yourself or die trying. Morality is most definitely not on the decrease.

Also you cannot compare kony to the monster that Hitler was. What pissed me off more was the fact that in this video in a most American way they compared Osama Bin laden to Hitler. Osama Bin Laden kill 3000 in 9/11 and then perhaps a few more in the Middle East. Kony kidnapped and hurt a couple of 1000 people/children. Hitler massacred 6 million people in his own country and almost drove them to extinction. And that is excluding the rest of the soldiers that died fighting for him and fighting against him.

Finally a problem with the charity is that only 30% of the income went towards "fighting" Kony. Plus one does not simply destabilise a Uganda warlord by liking a facebook status :L

What we should all be doing is actually doing our homework. Do any of you know how many other things like this are happening all over the world in different ways? Whether is it natural disaster or war. If you all care so much give up your life, go out there and make a real difference. Stop buying yourself all these corporate pieces of worthless shit and use all your money to help others. Don't feel like doing that? Didn't think so. Yes this is horrible but we aren’t helping by sitting here saying its horrible.

Of course I am being hypocritical about this because I haven’t done anything, at least I won't pretend I am a saint for saying I am going to put a poster on a wall. To sum up: If you really do care about the suffering Humans of the world than go out there and make a difference. If you don't, then sit back in your comfy chair and stay quite. For you are no worse than them their selves.

Inaction is the greatest evil of mankind.

Hitler killed 11 million actually king panda, but that's not the point. My Point I'm getting across with this hurr durr cony 2012 thing is for the oil in uganda, Kony is actually in the congo and doesn't press such a threat in uganda anymore. Besides, that footage with jacob was mostly 2003 and such. I also got information that he left in 2006. Here's an interview of Kony, I don't see any kids with guns, do you? <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWiF9hSgyoU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWiF9hSgyoU</a>
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
Cookies, your retarded. I stopped watching 4 minutes in, because of this:

From one of the commanders "We were captured as children..." The speaker "Over one thousand children have been kidnapped this year...."

For fucks sake, they OBVIOUSLY won't show their conscripted child-soldiers because it will further damage their image. First rule of propaganda.

Hitler did kill 6 million Jews in HIS country. But more then 11/20th of the Jewish population in total.

The video stated how he still fights the Ugandan military.

The video also states

Kony*

Cookies, your retarded. = 10% for flaming.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:03:24 PM by SpankWire »

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »
Cookies, your retarded. I stopped watching 4 minutes in, because of this:

From one of the commanders "We were captured as children..." The speaker "Over one thousand children have been kidnapped this year...."

For fucks sake, they OBVIOUSLY won't show their conscripted child-soldiers because it will further damage their image. First rule of propaganda.

Hitler did kill 6 million Jews in HIS country. But more then 11/20th of the Jewish population in total.

The video stated how he still fights the Ugandan military.

The video also states

Kony*

Cookies, your retarded. = 10% for flaming.

You should also know that the ugandan military kills there own people right? Also, we only know little about him, just getting from this Kony 2012 source isn't telling much about him, search up a kony bit more before you flame me.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
It's difficult to support a? campaign spearheaded by a fundamentalist Christian closet homosexual dope fiend.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

You should also know that the ugandan military kills there own people right? Also, we only know little about him, just getting from this Kony 2012 source isn't telling much about him, search up a kony bit more before you flame me.

I have to say, you don't seem to research information either in terms of subjects against your interest.

Moving swiftly on, however, Kony2012 is just a pointless, one sided propaganda video.
Uganda indeed does have oil reserves.
The charity group "Invisible Children" seem to be donating money to a Ugandan military that has reports of; Child soldiers, rape, murder, and looting.

Joseph Kony has left Uganda. What is the U.S. Military or Uganda going to do? Send their armies in foreign lands? No, they would not be allowed.

To me, after checking around for sources of information, it seems that the majority agree to the fact that Invisible Children are a fraudulent charity and should be ignored and not be fed with useless donations that simply give them a profit from using propaganda.
Clearly racist.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
In all, this video hinders more than helps. It alerted Kony to gtfo of Uganda, it made the leader of the organization have a mental breakdown so bad he jerked off in public (ironic considering he makes it sound like Kony fucking children is so wrong and sick, yet he jerks off in a public place where children are watching) and less than half of your proceeds are helping the organization. It was estimated that apparently 38% of earnings go to children, but apparently 2.5% is the total now... Sorry for the lack of seriousness, but look at this video for the realistic reactions of people:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwCIHYSCiI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwCIHYSCiI</a>
im bach

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »
I don't know why people are suddenly getting worked up over this. This place has always had warlords that use children as soldiers. I think its just a little annoying that it takes a movie like this, which just happened to turn viral, even though its been done before, to make people see.

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 04:39:07 AM »
Just stating my opinion here, but to all those people saying that Kony was not in Uganda for 6 years already, if you watch the video closely, it states that.

Just a site I want to share with you critics:
http://www.invisiblechildren.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/critiques.html

I believe responds to most of the criticism against the video.
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal