Author Topic: Google Redirect Virus  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Hotpocket

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Google Redirect Virus
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »
Well, I seem to have the virus. I don't know how I got it, or how to fix it. I've tried Malware bytes, combofix, Avast...nothing is working. Does anybody know how to fix this? Also note: For some reason it lets me on these forums.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Google Redirect Virus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
Could you explain in more detail?
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Hotpocket

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
Basically, the virus sometimes makes it so when you try to go on a website, it redirects you to an add site, thus, you are not able to go on the site you want.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
Thats not a virus, it's an ad thing we use for external links. You just gotta wait like 5 seconds and then press the "Skip Ad" button on the top right of the screen.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Hotpocket

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »
I understand this, but is it supposed to do it for other sites too?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Ad.fly.
Some retarded shit RoflWaffle probably came up with that no one likes.

It means that if you go from this site, to another you will most likely end up in this shitty advertisement. You can either wait 5 seconds and press "Skip ad" to continue to the site, or you can remove the first part in your URL box saying ad.fly/6827682678 or something along those lines.

It should only happen if you go FROM this site TO another. So not from another site to another site etc.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
but is it supposed to do it for other sites too?

No, do you perhaps have a browser extension that is putting ads on your pages? Any ads that Catalyst-Gaming uses are limited to our website.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
I have had the google redirect virus, a really bad and frustrating virus. whenever you use google or try to connect to a webpage it takes you to other sites. I don't think he is referring to adfly because adfly is not that pesky.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal