Author Topic: Derek Haxim's Authorization Application  (Read 2058 times)

Derek Haxim's Authorization Application
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [[SGC]] lolDrHax
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Around 3-4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Silat training
Necrotic Claws
Enhanced Reflexes
Tougher than normal
More Confident than normal
Kris blade

Name: Derek Haxim
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
(Story is 3rd person) In the year of 1993, in England, the Haxim family gained a new member, they named the boy "Derek" and made sure he ended up their definition of "Normal", so, they sent him off to an RTC in Texas when he was three, where he grew up until he was seven. However, his life was still FAR from normal. The RTC would school the kids, and if they didn't pay attention, or got in trouble, they would be sent into a "correction" room, where it was essentially a copy of the school room, but with 1/4 of the desks, and teachers that were VERY strict. Eventually, almost everyone was already taken in to a new family, to have a new and more comfortable home. But, Derek, was left. Alone. The staff practically became his new family, some times they were rough on him, but they still cared, just so he didn't feel isolated, they would send him to a regular school, due to his lack of communication, he became socially awkward, finally a family accepted him after four years, and brought him to his new home, the couple that accepted him were billionaires, so they could afford a private school. But Derek didn't know that people thought of him as stuck-up just because of his parents being wealthy. They cared about Derek quite more than Derek could realize. Then, when he was finally twelve (2005) right before summer, two boys brought him to the back of the school tricked him, and had a group beat him up, Derek's legs, and his arms were broken. When he learned who was behind it, he was furious. So that history doesn't repeat itself... He would need to learn how to fight...

Derek on his free time would study styles of fighting, however one stood out, one that actually caught his interest... It was named "Silat". He packed up, and told his parents. At first they denied him, but after some thinking, they agreed, however what they wouldn't know, is that his decision would change his life. At first, they said he was too young to train, however, Derek would not give up, every month he would come back, until he was sixteen (2009) when they finally accepted him. However he was smaller, and cared for a lot more. He trained for a longer period of time then the others to become better, and after two months, he would have his first confidence test. In short, he passed the third time. And thus would begin his advanced training, where he learned even more moves, more difficult, more advanced, and required more concentration, and focus. Soon he would do his second confidence test. He passed the first time. And his last portion of training was with a Kris, where he would learn to use the dagger in the middle of the fight if absolutely needed. Once his training was near completion, he had one final test. To defeat six elite Silat warriors. The fight was lengthy, it was brutal, and overall? One of the most challenging things Derek had ever done in his life. Yet, he still passed. And by the time his age was seventeen (2010) he was done. And considered a Silat Warrior... He still decided to practice, and polish his skills.

When he decided it was time, he was twenty (2013) he went back to the home he knew, back to his parents. He rested there where he practiced and worked out. Sometimes he would even hire a sparring partner so that he could practice against actual threats. Most of the time he would just let the partner throw punches so that he could dodge them, and every time he failed to dodge it he would make sure it hurt, just so he could learn from that mistake, correct it, and if he made the mistake again, it wouldn't hurt as much. He continued this process for a whole two years. And then, the worst of worst happened... The Seven Hour War.... During the events, Derek was only running, he knew the difference between Confidence, and pure Stupidity. His trek brought him across oceans to Europe. When he was captured and re-located, the first city he ended up in  was City Forty-Five... His trek brought him into the wastelands, where a new chapter was created in Derek's interesting life...

When Derek finally arrived in a settlement in the Wastes a year later when he was finally twenty-three (2016), he didn't expect to meet an entire gang of experienced Resistance members.... Derek at first was not welcome, but in due time, they let him join. The first person to actually befriend him was a sweet mute girl. She felt sorry for herself and Derek felt sympathy, when things started getting serious, she and Derek would sneak off to try and cheer each other up as much as possible. Through scavenging, Derek usually would get attacked by Necrotics, however she would always be there to back him up. One day in an OTA raid, while hidden, Derek saw his companion die in a horribly painful death, a shotgun was shoved down her throat and her brains splattered against the wall, fortunately for Derek, he wasn't caught, yet he was still in shock, the group tried to calm him down... But he never did. Eventually when he did, all that was left was depression, and the feeling of worthlessness...

Derek was tired. He decided to leave for a place more forgiving.... And his second trek finally brought him to Romania, Ineu Pass, it took him a whole two years to get there, where he is now. Twenty-Five years old (2018), and through a Necrotic attacking the White Forest Inn, he's gained a new toy, the claw glove, a modified finger-less glove with the Necrotic's hand attached on them, and the claws reinforced so that they will stay in place and not break so easily when Derek uses them to attack. Derek's favored move is: "The Sinking Python" combining control, with incapacitation.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Silat training:
- Improved Hand-to-Hand combat effectiveness
Necrotic Claws:
- Improved Damage to Hand-to-Hand attacks
Enhanced Reflexes:
- Can dodge attacks more easily.
- Has a better sense of 'touch'.
Tougher than Normal:
- Can take more punches
- Can take a shot as long as it doesn't hit vital organs.
More confident than normal:
- Fear of failure is reduced.
- Doesn't doubt his abilities
Kris Blade:
- Adds a steel weapon in-case I can't use Hand-to-Hand. (Such as ant-lions and things with exoskeletons, or Kevlar)

Defects
Silat training:
- Too ignorant to learn another Martial Art
Necrotic Claws:
- Harder to hold on to objects, and can't use anything bigger than a pistol in hands
- A bit more heavy on his hands, making it harder to carry objects
Enhanced Reflexes:
- Sometimes things can be too slow for him, making him confused, and harder for him to dodge it.
Tougher than Normal:
- Isn't very flexible, causing Parkour to be tricky if taught to actually do Parkour.
- Can't jump too high
- Can't run too fast
More Confident than Normal:
- Can get too cocky very easily
- Sometimes makes him pretentious
Kris Blade:
- Has to take care of it every once and a while so that it doesn't break mid-combat
- Harder to keep it sharp, as the blade is waved
- Adds space taken up in his backpack.
- Adds weight to his backpack.

- Has depression
- Is socially awkward
- Feels hated by those around him.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use the perks to be more effective in combat if needed, and for self defense. I play to use the defects for a more interesting character out there that I haven't seen before. With the Auth, I plan to have a more detailed back-story so I don't end up changing history when I forget my previous back-story.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I realize some of my RP needs polishing, and that I use OOC a bit more than needed. I plan to work on these issues and improve my skills.
I wonder if you even bother...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Derek Haxim's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »

Quote from: Shoutbox Rule #5
5. Do not whine about your ban, your application, etc.  Asking for review of an application/appeal/etc. will result in denial regardless.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:13 PM »

5. Do not whine about your ban, your application, etc.  Asking for review of an application/appeal/etc. will result in denial regardless.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to ask for a review.
I wonder if you even bother...

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »

He's also mentioned about his auth in-game on the outlands today :/
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »

He's also mentioned about his auth in-game on the outlands today :/

Could you give me a time that it happened? (GMT and time)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:26 AM »
I'll be honest here, this application just seems incredibly overpowered, even with the defects.

Also the Backstory falls short of what I would expect from so many Auths, you only briefly explain what the items are and only touch on how you got them, instead of explaining everything in Detail.

So, I'll have to Deny this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal