Author Topic: Faith Ann's Authorization Application  (Read 1676 times)

Insertawesomenamehere

Faith Ann's Authorization Application
« on: June 10, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Luna™
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 1/2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Expert marksmanship with a bow and arrow.

Name: Faith Ann
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Honestly, (this is the reason I assume this will be denied,) there is no detailed backstory. Faith has had the bow for almost an IC year, and has used it almost every day. Over time she got better and better, until she could take down a bird in flight with very few misses. Squirrels and other flightless animals can be taken down with one shot, and she almost never misses.

I don't have a link to my app for the bow because I can't figure out how to go deeper into the 'Accepted' thread than the sixth page. (Somewhat new to forums, honestly.)

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The ability to hunt without needed to attempt. (Most of the time.)
An advantage in combat when using the bow, though most of the time I will use my 9mm pistol.
The ability to perch myself on a rooftop and look like a goddamn assassin.

Defects
How I see it now, there really are no defects. I will miss still, of course, but that isn't really a defect.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Hunt IC small game without missing as much, and stun/wound human targets more effectively.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
The "Look like a goddamn assassin" was a joke.

Insertawesomenamehere

Re: Faith Ann's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks

*Needing. Sorry, I've been up since 1 A.M.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »
You need to write a better backstory regardless. Dosnt matter if you had it for a year or whatever, if you need auths, you need to write a backstory.

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
As I assumed. Fine, I'll figure out some way to describe it.

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Luna™
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 1/2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Expert marksmanship with a bow and arrow.

Name: Faith Ann
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

It was finished.
After almost an hour of work, Faith's bow was ready for use. This was the first time in her life she ever even held a bow, let alone shot one.

She shot a few times at a tree to test it. All of the arrows stuck in perfectly and went in at least an inch, good enough for hunting or wounding a human target. Hopefully, she wouldn't need to, anyway.

Two days later, it was time to put the weapon to the test. She had spent all of her free time practicing with it, though she hadn't improved much, if at all. She took the bow, loaded an arrow, but didn't pull back the cord. She crossed the river and balanced her way up the fallen tree, which was resting against a small cliff. Crouching down by the edge and looking over the small area she had, she waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And then, a squirrel came along.

She immediately pulled back the cord and nearly released, but decided to take a slower pace. She re-did the pullback and took aim, carefully. The squirrel wasn't moving much, as it was gnawing on a nut of some sort. It looked up at the sky, then to the river. It moved to it to take a dr-

And then it was dead, an arrow piercing it's skull.

Faith nearly dropped the bow, wondering how she managed to hit it, let alone it's head. She tightened her grip on the bow and jumped down from the small cliff. (EXTREMELY SMALL CLIFF. It's more if a giant rock than a cliff.) Moving over to her kill, she retrieved the arrow and went back to her camp. She took out her knife and went to work...

This repeated almost daily, other times she caught fish. It wasn't until two months later she hit another animal in the head, though she had improved greatly. Each day she got better and better, until she was able to take down a bird in flight with a headshot, no problems.

I don't have a link to my app for the bow because I can't figure out how to go deeper into the 'Accepted' thread than the sixth page. (Somewhat new to forums, honestly.)

Perks
An advantage in combat when using the bow, though most of the time I will use my 9mm pistol.
The ability to perch myself on a rooftop and look like a goddamn assassin.

Defects
How I see it now, there really are no defects. I will miss still, of course, but that isn't really a defect.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Hunt IC small game without missing as much, and stun/wound human targets more effectively.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
The "Look like a goddamn assassin" was a joke.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
There is a modify button on the right-top of each of your own posts. Use it.

Regarding your 'expect' markmanship, this is pretty much impossible in the condition of an average outland character. Hunger as well as being tired will make it hard to operate a bow, and this application more sounds like an attempt to powergame. You can't just say you use a bow for a year so you never miss a shot anymore. That's just stupid.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »
That's not what I intended, just so you know. I made this so I could stop using 20+ /me's while shooting an invisible bird.

As for the 'Powergame,' I didn't intend to powergame either. Just reduce the amount of /me's used.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »
Now if I'm not allowed to post in here so bit but..

Do you know anything about archery OOCly? there are millions of ways to make a bow and how much is its pull? How fast does the arrow go? what wood did you use? What tips are on the arrows? What are the arrows thickness? All of those are important and NEED to be addressed because if its not that strong of a pull then anyone who is starving can pull but don't expect to kill much with a 20 pound pull(What type of bow it is will vary the power that the pull weight pushes out) so you gotta ask your self about those things, remember that the bows they used in the medieval times had 150 pound pulls and they used steel arrow heads and yew bows.

Also what do you know about archery form? it takes YEARS to master a bow, not to mention the skill of "Hitting a bird in mid air with few to no misses" is nearly impossible because a bow isn't made to be shot while moving/shooting at a moving target.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
Just for the fact that in your OP, you provided basicly no backstory, and yet still asked for 'expert' skills in anything, even though you made an 'update post'... it still doesn't seem like a lot.

This was obviously quite rushed, and given no thought at all, I'm just going to deny this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal