Author Topic: Catalyst-Gaming's servers  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catalyst-Gaming's servers
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »
What it says on the tin people, I just thought it's an interesting question + opinion of the community can do good at times..

For discussion purposes, why do you think your vote is the least successful; and what would you replace it with?

For me: The least successful is HRP. I think its unsuccessful because no-one plays HRP any more cause they'd rather play OCRP I'd replace it with a build server, or something people are more likely to play (Apparently stranded is a good game mode [never played it])
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:05:42 PM by Krisrules »

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst-Gaming's servers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »
I removed HaloCE from the list as it's a project for the future, not a fully endorsed CG server. Please vote upon our GMod/Minecraft servers.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »
MC2 is not a failure... yet,  the main failure is not being able to update fast enough because of the Bukkit Team.  This would also fault MC1.  Also MC2 is down due to other reasons.

I personally thing TTT was the failure.
It was released very buggy without a proper admin system(Later added)
Some maps or loads cause the gamemode to break
Some maps have no weapons
Some maps are just terrible (Like the skytop one)
Meatbang causes most people to leave cause no one likes a dick in their face.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
Just saying, the meatbang is not a public item, and is not meant to be available. However, due to certain conditions, it can become available. <-- afaik

In addition, I think I agree on HRP. And as the other poster said, a build server would be cool. (Was not around for the sandbox server)

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:13:51 PM »
HRP was what put CG on the chart at the begining afaik.  Sadly its gotten nothing but neglect now.

Also whoever voted OCRP as least successful please do explain your reasoning.  OCRp has brought in huge revenue and playerbase for CG, if it wasnt for OCRP CG would not have as many players as it does now, and no where near the amount of money that has gone through.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
HRP was what put CG on the chart at the begining afaik.  Sadly its gotten nothing but neglect now.

Also whoever voted OCRP as least successful please do explain your reasoning.  OCRp has brought in huge revenue and playerbase for CG, if it wasnt for OCRP CG would not have as many players as it does now, and no where near the amount of money that has gone through.
100% agreed. OCRP may not be serious but is has been a huge success in terms of players and donations.

Imo outlands has been the least successful because as i've seen and hear it, it usually dosen't have many players or none at all.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
I would have to say the Outlands server, it consistently has only attracted a few players, lacking in any real player-base except Rory Phillips. I really find the Outlands server to be chaotic and just a complete mess. I know some of you may disagree with me on that, but I like RP to be structured as the only thing I did on that server was aimlessly wander the map looking for people to RP with, which was really hard because everyone was trigger happy and acted like ass-holes.

I really liked the idea of an Outlands server when it was first suggested but it turned out to be just awful , just awful.
 :'(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:27:53 PM by RoflWaffle - 12 year old would come up with »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »
I would have to say the Outlands server, it consistently has only attracted a few players, lacking in any real player-base except Rory Phillips. I really find the Outlands server to be chaotic and just a complete mess. I know some of you may disagree with me on that, but I like RP to be structured as the only thing I did on that server was aimlessly wander the map looking for people to RP with, which was really hard because everyone was trigger happy and acted like ass-holes.

I really liked the idea of an Outlands server when it was first suggested but it turned out to be just awful , just awful.
 :'(

Outlands and TTT I would have to say. Outlands is ALWAYS empty and isn't fun to play by yourself or with one other person. TTT is also always down.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
I want that guy, TOMASAS, to revive the server.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
Just so everyone knows, it costs us nothing to run more servers. We run them all from one server box, so to put up 30, which the box could surely run, would be not a penny more.

Therefore, I don't really see the problem. As long as one person wants to play on the server, might as well have it.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
Just so everyone knows, it costs us nothing to run more servers. We run them all from one server box, so to put up 30, which the box could surely run, would be not a penny more.

Therefore, I don't really see the problem. As long as one person wants to play on the server, might as well have it.
But MC2 which is somewhat payed for every month separately cause i cant be trusted with ftp access to the box.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:15 PM »
rofl is CG saviour.

This post is considered spam. Don't make useless short posts like this outside of spam or warnings/bans will be handed out. ~Nick
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:00:55 AM by Nicknero1405 »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:45 AM »
I think TTT was a success, if a few players were on it'd lead to more (community and outside) players joining, because TTT is one of those games where the more the merrier [Well I guess all games are like that lol] But if the server was up I think it'd be drawing in players, you often see players donating for VIP in TTT servers which is another positive

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 07:39:34 AM »
I would have to say MC since MC2's release. But this may change if MC returns before MC2 does. Shame we can't get MC2 back soon, enjoyed it.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »
MC is being hosted for free and many people still want to play on it. Some dislike the clutter of addons on MC2 and prefer the simplicity of the default minecraft.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal