Author Topic: Shepard "Jackson" Henderson's Authorization Application  (Read 5492 times)

Shepard "Jackson" Henderson's Authorization Application
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Doctor RIP Juggernaut
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Former Texas Ranger,
Hand to hand combat training(Mild)
Above par(Around 04-03) Pistol training.
Basic first aid skills.

Name: Shepard "Jackson" Henderson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Jackson was an only child, born in to a upper class family in 1990, when he was only three years old he was in his father's clinic waiting for him to get done with work when a strange man walked in to the building,
Jackson went behind his father's leg when the man walked up to them and started asking his father questions. Jackson was eye balling the strange man when he saw a gun under the man's coat that was much like the one that he seen his dad with, so Shepard tugged on his father's pants leg and said “Daddy that man has your gun!” to which both his father and the strange man started laughing and his father told him “Son this man in a police officer and no that isn't my gun.” The officer then told both of them good bye and headed out the door and ever since that day he wanted to be a cop.

When Jackson was 10 he started helping out in the clinic after school and chores, when he reached 14 his dad thought him basic first aid just in case something major happened, Jackson didn't like why he was being having to learn it but great full none the less.

When Jackson reached 18 he enrolled in The University of Houston in criminal law.
It was a change of pace from his normal life in his father's clinic, he found the idea of being an officer peaceful and uplifting.
Around his mid-terms his parents came down to find their child frazzled but taking the highest grades in the class.
When his parents entered his dorm room they found it cluttered with notes cloths and god knows what, so his mom told his dad and him to go out while she cleans it up for him and they should go see a movie.
When they got back Jackson found his dorm room cleaned, all his notes organized and all of his cloths washed, folded and put away.
Then him and his parents said they're good byes and Jackson went to study in the school library.
After cutting it damn close sleeping in Jackson barely got to the class room in time to take his test, Which he then passed and got his B.S(Bachelor degree). 

Jackson then decided to enroll in the Harris county Police Academy a few months later.
In his first month he learned to properly shoot a pistol, second month some basic hand to hand and the rest of his time there(around 6 months) learning ever thing else(Command structure, ticket writing, advance driving).

Afterwords he enlisted in the Harris county police department quickly making his way up the ranks.
About a year after enlisting he was investigating a possible break in in an apartment complex, when he got there he found the window busted and the inside wreaked, he drew his fire arm,called for back up and then kicked the door in.
When he got in he found a man with a gun standing over a woman who was trapped by the man in the corner.
The man then turned and brought his gun to up fire and Jackson quickly fired off three rounds hitting the man once, then dove for cover behind a island in the kitchen.
Jackson then stood up to fire again when the man shot him in his body armor, Jackson hit the ground in pain but not out of the game.
He got back in cover and peaked over the island to find the man holding the woman as a human shield, Jackson then went behind cover and peaked around the side to find he had a shot at the mans leg, so he took it hitting the man in the knee cap. As the man hit the ground he tried to get another shot on Jackson but he rushed the gunman and quickly disarmed him.

After cuffing the man and backup arriving he got a thanks from the woman before she went in to an ambulance and a man came up to Jackson and ask him about what happened and walked off afterwords.

Jackson stay'd in contact with the woman and decided to go on a date with her and soon he was in a full relationship.

A month later Jackson got an invite to join the Texas Rangers, he was both happy and confused on what to do.
After talking with his father he decided to join the Rangers, where he trained with a more advance training program than the normal police academy had.
He received a more advance combat training including a new hold style for a pistol called C.A.R(In which you're body is parallel with the pistol and the pistol is held at a 45 degree angle) more self defense hand to hand moves(Disarming some one with a gun, countering a charge, disarming some one with a knife.) and learned how to be a detective.
During the training he was struggling to maintain the relationship he had with the women from the shootout but after he finished his relationship grew stronger and he proposed marriage.

A week before the wedding the portal storm hits.
During the Portal storms Jackson was helping in both his father's clinic, taking care of his wife to be, And being deployed to help where he was needed, thus putting a delay to the wedding.

Two years(// CGs cannon is that the portal storms lasted 10 earth years) in to the hell Jackson finally decides to go on with it and marry his wife to be, shortly after he was deployed to Austin to help claim the rioting and keep the peace.

After spending eight years moving from city to city Jackson finally ends up in Houston again with his wife to spend a few months with her before he was to be deployed again. During his stay however the combine started their invasion, Jackson saw tri-pod destroy the clinic with his farther in it and started making his way back to their home when he was cut off by a firefight with the strange aliens and some US solders.
After watching the solders take a crushing defeat Jackson hid his pistol his Badge and destroyed his ID and started using a false cover ID(// Texas rangers do quite a bit of under cover work) and when the war ended he was processed like any normal citizen.

Living his two years as a normal citizen under a false name he did every thing he could to avoid eating the combine issued food but failed to do so quite a few times.

He gave up on Houston and transferred around then suddenly woke up in a canal he headed to a ladder and climbed up trying to figure out where he is.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Above normal hand to hand combat ability(Such as disarming a pistol from a person/using basic counter attacks)
Train in the use of C.A.R(A pistol hold type meant for in close spaces like the UCH.
Investigative ability's.

Defects
Traumatized by what he saw during the war/portal storms.
Forgotten an unknown period of time in which hes gotten quite a few injuries.
Damaged left arm causing him to have a worst time using a two handed weapons.
Injured shoulder not allowing him to be able to fire a shotgun or .357/AR2(Which limits him to being able to shoot an Mp7 and a 9mm with out pain)
Could become a high-level anti-citizen if his past is uncovered(A Texas ranger is consider to be militia to the US government).
Sociality awkward at times due to the amnesia.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 plan to attempt to improve resistance RP in the city/citizen RP over all,
I also plan on using these to help the CCA(due to my character being neutral), as well as helping me survive in outlands(If/when I move there)
I also plan on using him to bring more medical RP to the city/outlands.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
None

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):

Changed story/defects to better balance the character(4/20/2012 @ 3:24 PM GMT -7)
Cleaned up a bit of my shitty edit from before(4/20/2012 @ 7:23 GMT -7)
Cleaned up Grammar(Holy shit I must have been drunk when I typed this/my program failed) and changed the story/added more details on to his training(4/23/12 @ 10:53 AM).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:54:18 AM by The Doctor? RIP juggernaut »
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shepard Henderson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »
Your character's record and personal information would have been present in some sort of archive - thus, your character would have been BOL from the minute you were backround checked during processing.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
If you have amnesia then you would not remember any of this training, surely?
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »
Your character's record and personal information would have been present in some sort of archive - thus, your character would have been BOL from the minute you were backround checked during processing.
Not really due to the amount of damage due to the war/portal storms(Texas still hasn't switched a lot of its records like that to computer) so there's records being damage going by false names and such I'll add more details.

The Joke he could still be able to do it if he has them down to muscle memory but I'll change it.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shepard "Jackson" Henderson's Authorization Application
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »
You don't necessarily need your own file - You just need your name mentioned on an ops order. Any sort of reference that could tie you to that organization in any document would have been enough.
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
True. I mean, the combine DID kill off over 80% of the population, I don't really think they were being picky about who they disintegrated.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
You don't necessarily need your own file - You just need your name mentioned on an ops order. Any sort of reference that could tie you to that organization in any document would have been enough.
One file that could have possibly been destroyed PLUS they don't keep a list of cover IDs(As far as I am aware) for officers.

Truth be told if this gets denied because "Lol der wuld have ben no way to have survived" there's been lots of auths for military backgrounds(Which this isn't BTW) where the person just basicly dumb'd every thing and picked up normal ware and got away.
But this would add something new to the sever: Investigation Roleplay. Something that the CCA doesn't really do because it doesn't give a shit/they think torturing everyone around what happened works.
With that I'm not going to use this just to be "KILL ALL THE COMBINE" I'm going to Stay in D1 trying to survive off of none-union food/be in D6 from time to time doing interesting RP and I'll ONLY leave the city after something major happens/I get bored with the city.

Hardly ever does some one apply to be a cop because no one thinks that RP is really interesting but I however do think it'll be interesting to put a cop in the server(Which a Texas ranger tbh is an over glorified cop).

So you're willing to put an end to some one WHOSE RP ISN'T GOING TO BE A PAIN TO YOU/could become an asset to the CCA before he even gets the chance to RP this?

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »
You misinterpretted what I said - I'm saying that you need one reference. If there's anything to suggest that you're a threat to sociostability, you'd have been amputated upon processing.

We actually have an entire division dedicated to investigation RP.

Meh - I'm playing devil's advocate. It was done to me on my first auth app :p

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 01:27:01 AM »
You misinterpretted what I said - I'm saying that you need one reference. If there's anything to suggest that you're a threat to sociostability, you'd have been amputated upon processing.

Meh - I'm playing devil's advocate. It was done to me on my first auth app :p
I'm sorry I was taking that as you doing the average attack on most attempts to get good lasting citizen RP going in the city(Like most CCA do.) which was wrong for me to do.

This might be the best written or cannon auth app but I think Cannon can be overlooked for the sake of RP(Which I feel this is the case).

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 01:36:04 AM »

ZEALOT actually does a really shitty job. All they do is hire informants/go undercover/pursue criminals in underhanded tactics. There isn't really any investigative work going on when it's actually needed. Such as investigating a report from a citizen about a supposed homicide. No investigation at all. A BOL is just placed along with an amputation directive. No investigative work done there.

If there IS a confirmed murder, usually the units who come across the body, or who receive a complaint will ask a few other witnesses, and then if they don't have a name or a physical description then the search for the suspect usually ends there.

ZEALOT could definantly improve on the 'investigative' side of things, considering that's their main directive. The most ZEALOT ACTUALLY does, is go into D6 'undercover' and lurk around there, or get a citizen and make them a 'CCA Agent' to do it for them.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
Well, this is getting off topic, but I do concur. I hope I don't offend anybody, but ZEALOT tends to deprive investigationRP from the other divisions and not really go through with it.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:07:57 AM »
I hope I don't offend anybody, but ZEALOT tends to deprive investigationRP from the other divisions and not really go through with it.

3 words: The truth hurts.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Off topic but this really needs clearing up, whoever told you that is wrong, we aren't dedicated to detective work, we do it when it needs to be done.

Also, you are a RCT so how you managed to obtain information on ZEALOT, even wrong information is past me.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
<- CCA Agent recruited specifically by ZEALOT.

Spoiler for Hiden:

I'm actually the SeC in disguise.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:27:32 AM by Sheo »

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
GUYS this isn't a "What the hell does ZELOT do?" thread this is a "Hey can I please bring a new field of RP that once didn't exist/only the CCA could do" thread so please cut the chatter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal