Author Topic: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application  (Read 15099 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »
"Please don't give me shit"

"No shits are given unless"

How the fuck is it harsh?

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »
Bold and with a curse at the start of the sentence. Imagine you were talking to your professor/teacher, you hand him a paper and try to explain to him something about the typography and he stops you and says "I give zero shits. Go away"

Of course that's not literally what happened, but it's quite close.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Bold and with a curse at the start of the sentence. Imagine you were talking to your professor/teacher, you hand him a paper and try to explain to him something about the typography and he stops you and says "I give zero shits. Go away"

Of course that's not literally what happened, but it's quite close.

I know he's authed for these things repeatedly, but frankly this needs to be said already.

None of these auths are out of the ordinary

People have authed for these kinds of things before, and there are characters out there that have ICLY learned these things. The comparison to the picture of Alyx is not even humorous as it's more of a downright smear tactic, and frankly i'm surprised you guys keep going with this. Plus with every auth there has to come the obvious trust of letting the other person have such things, but you guys seem to already be biased against Frolie, i can only suppose that is because of the auths he already got on Hound a week ago, but he's taken the time to make a long as fuck story as detailed as possible which should at least get some merit

Combine tech auths have been done before, computer recollection too, he's downed down the auth shitloads since he put it up the first time, and he's waited the needed week or so before posting it again, let alone that apart from Frolie's characters being a bit chaotic in personality at best there is no reason to believe he'd misuse any of these auths.

Long story short... RTLK, Hogs... Get the sticks out of your asses already.

That's very hypocritical of you. Complaining about somebody with a harsh tone yet you type with the same tone? lol

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »
That's very hypocritical of you. Complaining about somebody with a harsh tone yet you type with the same tone? lol

I was answering back to your little Alyx picture and general negativity against Frolie simply because it's him authing. Like i said before you're clearly biased but you still continue to bash the auth and not let someone else pass judgement this time. If i can refrain from doing so because i'm a friend of him, i think you can refrain because you clearly dislike him.

Besides, i think you'd react the same way if someone made a (terrible) Gmod pick to mock a friend of yours and tried to pass it as fair judgement.

Edit: Mind you, if you feel you need to contribute to the application process right now there are FOUR other applications currently in need of criticism and judgement right now, but you've only posted here. One of said applications has been up for weeks already too, just something to consider about how fair you're being right now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:01:42 PM by Elions »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
Guys can we please stop the arguing here, it's an auth app not spam.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2012, 08:08:15 PM »

I was answering back to your little Alyx picture and general negativity against Frolie simply because it's him authing. Like i said before you're clearly biased but you still continue to bash the auth and not let someone else pass judgement this time. If i can refrain from doing so because i'm a friend of him, i think you can refrain because you clearly dislike him.

Besides, i think you'd react the same way if someone made a (terrible) Gmod pick to mock a friend of yours and tried to pass it as fair judgement.

Edit: Mind you, if you feel you need to contribute to the application process right now there are FOUR other applications currently in need of criticism and judgement right now, but you've only posted here. One of said applications has been up for weeks already too, just something to consider about how fair you're being right now

I could say burn, but that would earn me a 5% spam warning, so I will say that Elions brings up very good points. And BTW, + Support on the auth, Frolie is a superb roleplayer who I know won't abuse these auths. As I said in a chat, the worst damage Layla could do with these auths is show Meaty what a vagina looks like.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 01:29:16 AM »
Alrighty then, here's what's going down:

- Ambidexterity (Equal Strength in both hands) -Yes

- Eidetic Recollection (Photographic Memory) -Yes

- Exceptional Mathematical Intelligence -Yes

- Extensive Knowledge & Collection of Computer Technologies -Yes, but I'm not totally sure on the 'collection' part, and using it to 'attack'.

So, if any other Admins have any other suggestions or input of any kind, say it, and we'll get this out of the way.

-Just re-read through the app, the backstory still contains things about combine tech and other irrelevancy. I suggest you fix up the backstory to match what your asking for.-

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:28 AM »
I just think it could have been worded nicer, that's all

pls elions pls.
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
I'm sorry, do I have to be a big respected member of  the community to post in the thread?

No, but it you seemed to take a special interest in my application, even though we've never met or had any interaction at all. With my interest piqued, I looked around on your profile (as you so courteously did for me), and found that you and hogs are friends, and even live in the same area. Coincedince is possible, but I can't help but note parralels.

And as Death Sex said, this has been getting to many posts that aren't really encouraging the application process. Please keeps posts by non-admins to a minimum (only if you have something you feel really must be noted).
We live in the same country and are friends, I can say that about all of your friends in your country.
Also, you say how we're skulking around your profile and change your name [ToBigBrotherIsWatchingMe], yet do the same thing?
I'm posting on your app since I don't agree that it should be accepted.

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »
Alrighty then, here's what's going down:

- Ambidexterity (Equal Strength in both hands) -Yes

- Eidetic Recollection (Photographic Memory) -Yes

- Exceptional Mathematical Intelligence -Yes

- Extensive Knowledge & Collection of Computer Technologies -Yes, but I'm not totally sure on the 'collection' part, and using it to 'attack'.

So, if any other Admins have any other suggestions or input of any kind, say it, and we'll get this out of the way.

-Just re-read through the app, the backstory still contains things about combine tech and other irrelevancy. I suggest you fix up the backstory to match what your asking for.-

At the initial stages of this auth, I had hoped to be accepted for combine technology. However, I later slashed it from the process, but didn't bother to cut away the bits of the back-story that had been rendered irrelevant. But, since it appears to be the problem here, I'll trim the unnecessary fat. 

We live in the same country and are friends, I can say that about all of your friends in your country.
Also, you say how we're skulking around your profile and change your name [ToBigBrotherIsWatchingMe], yet do the same thing?
I'm posting on your app since I don't agree that it should be accepted.

I was noting parallels. I went so far as to suggest it could be coincidence when I posted that originally. Also, you say that it shouldn't be accepted, and yet haven't offered any actual analysis on what I'm asking for  that should give clause for denial.  Therefor I'm lead to believe that you're only not in support due to reasons outside of the application, and given that we've never interacted before, I'm lead to believe your opinion of me has been swayed some how. Long story short, it's not exactly a massive leap of the imagination to connect two dots, in that you're friends with a player(hogs) who has close bias against me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:28:13 PM by Frolie [BigBrotherIsWatchingMe] »
I'm a fag

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »
Guys, get over it. Me AND Frolie were in a chat with hogs and he was quite angry, and called us names quite a few times. I was also in a chat with hogs once more after the group chat, and he called me retarded multiple times, and began interrogating me why I posted on Frolie's app when I suggested that most admins formulate their own opinions. He seems to get mad if you disagree with him.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 07:29:09 PM »
And you guys didn't get mad when he disagreed with you... seems legit. Frolie, you have been denied before this, yet you persist on making authorizations. I'm beginning to lead that you have authorization lists written up for all your characters, which is not really acceptable. You can't have authorizations for every character, one is normally the most people have. You already have one character with authorizations, and I suggest to reviewing administrators that we leave it at that. This is directed to administrators; Frolie has shown that he has a negative attitude towards criticism and refrains from explaining key points on how he did some things on the character. The fact that he has a few people saying he is a good role-player means nothing. Purple was a good role-player, he could do /mes really well, look where that got us. RP skills =//= trustworthy with auths.

Tray, stay out of this when you are already friends with Frolie, your opinion towards him is already biased to be positive, with a negative opinion towards anyone who disagrees.

Hogs, you seem to be biased towards Frolie but unlike Tray, you have points to support your arguement, but I would like you to stay out of this as well.

C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
And you guys didn't get mad when he disagreed with you... seems legit. Frolie, you have been denied before this, yet you persist on making authorizations. I'm beginning to lead that you have authorization lists written up for all your characters, which is not really acceptable. You can't have authorizations for every character, one is normally the most people have. You already have one character with authorizations, and I suggest to reviewing administrators that we leave it at that. This is directed to administrators; Frolie has shown that he has a negative attitude towards criticism and refrains from explaining key points on how he did some things on the character. The fact that he has a few people saying he is a good role-player means nothing. Purple was a good role-player, he could do /mes really well, look where that got us. RP skills =//= trustworthy with auths.

No, I do not have an 'authorizations list'.

And while you present a fair point concerning trustworthiness, and CG's ordeal with Purple, and that would be a pivotal factor in my last authorization concerning 'The Hound', which in truth, was controversial. However, I honestly don't see how the authorizations I've requested here can be used to commit much 'Over-Powered' RP, or 'Fail' RP.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ambidexterity

What's the worst I could do with this? It's equal strength in both hands, I really can't do to much at all with this. I don't really even think it was required to be part of the application.

Photographic Memory

An asset in research. It's great because she can remember just about everything she catalogs into that big ole' melon of hers, but as a tool in combat or survival, it poses a little factor to threaten someone else. If you can think up some scenario that it would be useful in, I seriously doubt that it would either come up in Role-Play, or be something I would do at all.

Mathematical Intelligence

Come on, it's math skills. How many times have we struggled with algebra or trigonometry, and how many times have those skills ever had practical use beyond reasoning skills.

Computer Tech. and Skills

Obviously it's the most 'controversial' part of the application, but again, I can do little with this. A lot of the reason I urked up the courage to throw down a second application so soon after my last was because of the developments in passive RP, in ineu's inn basement. It's a neat little environment that's growing up there, and was something I really wanted to both encourage and be a part of. Of course, it's not the only reason I made this application, but it was definitely a significant part of it; and this part of the application is pretty much only for passive RP. And how often has passive RP posed significant risk to other characters, or the RP environment?

And people continue to think that I want to take this character, and her authorizations & weapons, into the city. NO. I abhor the city server. I think that it has little to offer as a creative venue for players, and I pretty much shifted completely over to the Outlands after I had my first experience with it. In short, Using the defense that I'm going to break my way into the nexus, which has been suggested before, is completely out of my interest.
I'm a fag

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
If you can do little with some of these skills then why apply for it? Math will hardly come in useful in the Outlands environment, Ambidexterity can and will most likely be used in a fight to gain an advantage over someone.

And before you claim that you didn't state/implied that;

Ambidexterity: "...I don't really even think it was required to be part of the application.[/quote]"
Math: "...how many times have those skills ever had practical use beyond reasoning skills."

The only one I can agree with without any issues is the Photogenic memory. I will only support Computer Skills, but not the actual computers/parts.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:41:02 PM by KillmePlz »
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »
The OP has 24 hours to respond to the latest replies by admins or this will be denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal