Author Topic: 'Beans''s Authorization Application  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
'Beans''s Authorization Application
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: bowser93
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 Years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-The ability to make cut shotgun shells.

Name: 'Beans'
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
A pubescent Beans trudged lazily out onto the front porch of his family's very small swamp shack house, his brother Beef close behind. Meaty was sprawled out at their father's feet, resting his head in his hand as he watched his father's hands carefully. Beans sat down at the edge of the porch, dipping his toes in the muddy water, "What're you doin' dad?"

Their father, George, didn't dare lift his eyes from his work, "Cuttin' shells."

Beans threw his head over his shoulder, "What now?"

George set the newly cut shell back into the finished product pile, "Don't you gawk at me like that, boy. You know what I said, cuttin' shells."

Beans lifted his feet from the water, edging closer to George, "But don't that ruin the shell?"

"Look like it, don't it? No. It's poor man's slugs, boy." George said it as he began jamming the dull kitchen knife into the side of the next shell.

Beef blurted out a question before Beans could open his mouth, "Can we see how well it does?"

George tossed the finished shell into the box, pulling an Ithaca Model 37 shotgun onto his lap. "Number one thing..."

He cocked the shotgun back, shaking the shell towards the three boys. "You never put a cut shell in the tube of a shotgun, but directly into the barrel."

Instead of loading the weapon like one normally would, he jammed the shell directly into the barrel, sliding the forestock forward, thereby loading the cut shell. He took aim at about thirty feet away, and pulled the trigger. The cut shell projectile tore a single large hole in the wood of the tree. The three boys exchanged excited glances, "Teach us!"

George set aside his shotgun, sighing "Yeah, what the fuck ever."

He picked up one of the uncut shells from the box, and the dull kitchen knife, "Take a shell, take a knife."

George slowly sliced through the outer casing of the shell about halfway in, "Now go halfway through, slowly, and just cut all the way around, but don't slice the damn thing in half. You got to overlap the cuts real close like, so that they're near in half, but still together."

The boys nodded in unison, taking turns at cutting and firing the newly found homemade modified ammunition.

A video on cut shells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3M46XVfVOU

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-A stronger and far more effective alternative to plain shells.

Defects
-The small chance that the shell could fail and cause damage to the weapon.
-Can't load it into the tube, but only directly into the chamber due to the probability of it destroying the weapon otherwise.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on giving my character a better chance against farther off targets while still maintaining the devastation of a shotgun.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Beef and Meaty, but they don't use shotguns.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Short app, I know, but I don't think it's possible to write an extremely extensive application describing ONE action that modifies shotgun shells.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Beans''s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
Background, seems fair enough I would assume. Seeing the video, cutting the shell didn't look like it required a hell of a lot of training to be taught that.
I would be fine with this authorization if it was accepted, seeing it's only able to make the shotgun more accurate. I doubt that "Beans" is going to abuse this and use as a chance to S2K excuse, which would be taken care of, if it happened either way.

I find the player capable enough to use and not abuse, this current authorization.
No problems in accepting this I would assume, but I'll leave it to a SA. :)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 12:55:26 AM »
I'd greatly enjoy some more feedback on this.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:51:33 PM »
Although the backstory isn't exactly a backstory, it's just an explanation of how he learned to cut shells -- I see no problem with this. I've seen Cpl. Tray's roleplay abilities and I have no doubt these will not be abused. And for that, I give my support to this.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:37:40 AM »
Well, I don't see much of a problem with this either, and if abuse does happen, then we'll deal with it.

Accepted,

locked, moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal