Author Topic: A departure.  (Read 4941 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A departure.
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
A Departure

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8TIFlSTH2I" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8TIFlSTH2I</a>

Nicole Mason
Having grown disillusioned with the copious amounts of bureaucracy and lack of cooperation from the Civil Authority in City Forty Five, she opted for a transfer to her home city of City Eighteen where her father and uncle once lived. She was successful in straying away from her once criminal and, to an extent, selfish life and transformed into a well-known community figure in both cities. Her own company, Paragon Industries, never took flight but she would instead act as an consultant for the many other Union-sanctioned organisations who would rise to take its place. In time, she became content with a quiet life away from the troubles of the Resistance - the cause of whom her family was once deeply entrenched in.

Consul Lauren Neil
Her work in City Forty Five had granted her a higher calling to an advisory board situated in City Seventeen. Although she became quite cynical towards her associates in her later life, she still served to a high capacity in Human Relations. She departed from City Forty Five's Civil Administration Board in high esteem and received glowing recommendations for her ability to 'stay the course' in even the toughest of times. The plans for the expansion of City Forty Five would be turned over to an organisation which would fulfil the requirements laid out by the work brief. Her position as Consul was turned over to Doctor Pierce Cullen of whom the Consul had invested her fullest confidence in. The documents pertaining to the story behind Project Sparrow went missing, just like many of the participants in the experiments.

Daniel Slater
Although his work in Third Eye required both an emotionally and mentally stable state of being, he became rather depressed and jaded at the fading prospect of liberation towards the middle of 2017. There were a flurry of thoughts running through his mind and he constantly mulled over whether anything he did should've been done differently; the Lucius Pierce situation, Operation Clean Slate, Bladecatcher, Spectator, the network intrusions, the incarceration and torture of more citizens than he cared to remember and many other things that the public would never truly comprehend. He felt as though he had failed his late brother Andrew of whom was the catalyst for Daniel taking up his line of work in the intelligence group Third Eye. Before fading into the background life of the City, he promised his employers to continue to watch over the many persons of interest in the hope that he would once again find the motivation to organise larger operations which he had previously participated in. The place he called home, the Asylum, gathered cobwebs and was resigned to the dustbin of City Forty Five's history. It would be a while before Daniel was called to arms in a remote region of the Ukraine which bordered Siberia. It was here that he would take up duties with the Task Group of Third Eye with some old friends from City Seventeen. In summary, he had done everything that was asked of him, and more but he continued to question his existence and to what purpose it served. All this, after being a university student, an intelligence officer for the Sector Seventeen Civil Authority, a mercenary, a courier, a contact, a friend and a brother. Having played both sides of the field in his time in various cities, he felt as though he was nothing but a shadow wandering among an all-pervading dusk.

Well, it's finally come to this. Some of you have known of my intention to leave for a while due to wanting to have a life now and move away from sitting at home in the same old routine every day. I hold nothing against Catalyst Gaming or anyone in it and I guess it's just time for me to move on to other things. Half Life roleplay has gotten stagnant for me and I've done everything that I set out to do. It has been quite the ride and I was happy to have played, mapped and administrated at Catalyst Gaming.

Some of you probably have some questions about what my departure will affect so I'll put it in an easy format:

1. What about the Civil Administration faction?
Reaver (Doctor Pierce Cullen) will lead it as Consul.

2. What about the map update?
I'm giving the map file to RTLK to modify and distribute as he pleases. I'll be on hand to provide assistance but finishing the map isn't a top priority for me at this stage.

3. Any chance of coming back?
Sure, if I ever finish rp_refuge or I get nostalgic. I'll probably only come back every now and then to check on how things are going.

4. Did something make you leave Catalyst?
Not really, it was just that I've done everything that I wanted to do here and I just feel as though I should move on. As with any community, Catalyst has its faults but they're something which can be fixed with time and they aren't to blame for my departure.

5. Usually when somebody leaves they have plans to leak details from the private forums. What are you going to leak?
I'm giving everyone group access to the private foru-.. Not really. Just going to leave peacefully and not cause drama.

6. I have another question, mind answering it for me?
Sure, post below and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who has helped shape this community and everybody that I had a chance to roleplay with. Thank you to the administration team, the community owners, the players, the new players and minges who kept me on my toes during the time I was an administrator.

Catalyst has the potential to be the greatest community in GMod and I'm sure that with time, the little things can be ironed out and you can all continue being proud of playing here.

So long.

:)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:56:17 PM by OzJackal »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A departure.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »
o7 Ozzy. You'll be missed.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
You'll be missed Oz, cya around!

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
Met you a couple of times on the server, and though i'm sure you don't remember me you left a good impression.

Here's to that the future holds awesome things for you mate. See ya.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »
:(

Come back soon...
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »
Life always comes first. Good on you, mate.
Good look in your future endeavors, and as I said, I will always be a click away from bothering you on the regular.
o7, buddy.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
Never really got the chance to know you as well as I wanted to, and I'm kinda sad I wasn't able to do so. Best of luck to you, though. Hope you do come back sometime  ;)

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
We're going to miss you here at CG, I've always enjoyed the encounters we've had in RP, and you were damn good at Roleplaying to boot. You also always had your heart in the right place and did really well mapping for City 45, I espessially like the pods on the very bottom of the Nexus, near the training room. I wish you the best of luck in your future adventures, and, as soldier from TF2 would say: "God speed, you magnificent bastard."

I also had a quick question that I hope could be answered, if one could get their hands on the City 45 map file, could it be repurpoused for use in SFM?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:37:45 PM by Darkshifter98 »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »
Even though we had our differences and the occasional misunderstanding, i'm going to miss you. Goodluck in whatever you plan on doing next in life. Oh-fucking Seven

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
One of the best HL2 RP players and administrators at our community leaves. Sad day, but you definitely had a good run here. Thank you for all your contributions to CG, you're a good guy. You'll be missed, and I wish only the best for you in your future.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
i bugged you over steam but I didn't really roleplay with you that much, still, as you can tell, you'll be missed.

o7

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Vale, Oz. We'll miss you.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »
Ozzzzzzzz! Noooooooo! Pimp down!  :'(

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »
Who's going to help us with intel on the Outlands nao? Good friend, mapping comrade. Cheers to you and good luck with life. Maybe I'll see you out there, some day. Look for the dorky paramedic.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
Like a brother since PubGamer. Good luck in your future endeavours mate. Also keep in touch on steam.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal