Author Topic: Benjamin Shepherd's Authorization Application  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Sheogorath

• Daedric Prince of Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Benjamin Shepherd's Authorization Application
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Pedophilic Bear-like Creature
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 1.5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 6 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
New Character with the following.
- Adept skills in martial arts, specifically Judo.
- One 6 inch blade.
- Hand-held knife sharpener

Name: Benjamin Shepherd
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Ben was always one who had his own set of rules and never wanted to follow anyone else's guidelines. He hated the way governments enforced their rules. When the combine invaded in 2015 he was placed into City 44, a neighbor city to our City 45. He wanted a way out after just a few days, he asked around his group of friends and one, John Marek, said that he would lead Ben outside of the city if he could go with. So after four days of preparing, spending the last of their tokens on food and water, and making sure neither of them were diseased, they went off. They went at 1:00AM so they would get a cover of darkness. It was surprisingly easy due to the recent rebel attacks on the city draining the Metro-Police Force of its units. They made it out to the canals by 2:34AM after sneaking by the remaining members of the Metro-Police Force. They kept heading on, making sure to not get caught by any unit that could have seen them. They saw an abandoned car, they waited 50 meters away from it for five minutes, keeping a watch on it and looking around for bandits and units of the Overwatch Transhuman Arm. When they found no units around they started moving up to the car slowly, after closer inspection it had been destroyed. They looked around, scanning every single atom of the vehicle. They found nothing, the people who left it there must have taken everything. So they continued on the path, a bandit jumped out and demanded a large portion of their food. John unsheathed a blade and got into a ready position. Ben got in the best fighting position he could, which looked threatening due to his history of martial arts training. The bandit still tried to go against them, John ran up and swung his blade at the bandit, he made a cut but not deep. The bandit went over to Ben and tried to go hand-to-hand on him. The bandit went for a swing, Ben dodged the attack and pulled the bandit down with the momentum of the punch. The bandit went down onto the ground, John went in for the kill and tried to stab the bandit several times in the stomach. The bandit rolled on the ground and got stabbed in the back, still dying due to stabs landing at his kidneys causing them to fail, and causing the bandit to die. Ben said "We should see if he has anything on him.". So they searched his pockets and found a small hand-held knife sharpener. John said "I wonder why he needed this." and Ben replied "Well, at least you can use it.". They both agreed they should stop for a break, it was 5:53AM and they were in the woods, the sun was rising and they were both tired of walking. They stopped and they took a break near a tree, they rationed out what they thought was around 300 milliliters of water and drank thirstily. After sitting for around ten minutes they got up and started walking again. On the path they saw a sign that said "Belles town - 32 miles" and Ben said "We should go there, I bet there are people.", John replied "I just hope the people are not bandits.". Ben looked at him with a slightly stern look. Ben hated people who tried to harm others. John laughed and then they continued their journey, stopping every few hours for a break. One break they stopped another bandit attacked with a knife. John went up to stab the bandit and got stabbed in the stomach. Ben got very angry, Ben waited for the bandit to attack, when the bandit went for a swing Ben ducked and grabbed the bandit's arm, he then bent and twisted it in a way which it broke. The bandit dropped the knife and fell over in pain. Ben took John's blade from the grass and went to kill the bandit, he stabbed the bandit in the neck. When he looked over his shoulder he saw John bleeding out. He ran over to him and John said "B-ben...I...I'm not going to..make it..." Ben replied in a strained voice "Yes you are! Just pull through!". John said to him "Leave me...please...I...d-don't want to have...you be killed..." Ben replied "No! Please! No!". Then John said "You...you ha-" then he died. Ben looked up at the sky, he was sad but knew John would want him to survive. Ben said to John's corpse "I will survive...for you.". He then took the sheath to John's blade and put it away. He took the blade and said "I will fight in memory of you John.". He went to continue the journey. On the way he saw a sign that said "Belles Town - One Mile". He continued his path until arriving at Belles.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- Skills in martial arts will help him protect himself.(Will write a separate story about this if requested by administration.)
- Knife will act as a weapon and a tool.
- Will not have to find a larger sharpener to keep the blade sharp.

Defects
- Barely knows how to use knife.
- Hand-held sharpening takes a lot of time
- Lots of people will want to take the knife from him
- Could easily be killed from distance with a long ranged weapon

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to make this character the kind of person that tries his best to help people. In memory of John, Ben will fight for John and try to kill anyone who harms another sentient being.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
\r\nLucas - Future Emperor of world, Current king of cool, defies laws of physics. Just that awesome.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Benjamin Shepherd's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:45 AM »
Your going to need to massively expand on the backstory if you want the auths that you are asking for.

Offline Sheogorath

• Daedric Prince of Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
I could make another back-story explaining the adept Judo. I will just start working on that.
\r\nLucas - Future Emperor of world, Current king of cool, defies laws of physics. Just that awesome.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »
Enough time has passed with no alteration at all. The app is denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal