Author Topic: Bambara Ge-rouge's Authorization Application  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bambara Ge-rouge's Authorization Application
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Reaver
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Several years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Two years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Several hand-held ceremonial daggers. Made from stone and held together by tightly wrapped rope.
Traditional Vodun Dress-Consisting of a hay-skirt, a headdress and large,mid-thigh fur boots, a Collier
In depth knowledge of Loa and Vodun customs.
Lambi-Basically a conch.
Asson-Basically a rattle. Made from a Calabash and snake vertebrae.
Ogun-A type of flattened bell.
Proficiency with the bow.**
Ability to craft basic wooden tools, and a bow from supplies available.**
Hightened knowledge with Herbalism, only to help in rituals.
Hunting techniques that could be used in a fight, if Bombara is attacked.
Only slightly below average physique, although skinny he is not malnourished.

*These authorizations will only be put into play if I send Bombara to the Outlands server.

Name: Bambara Ge-rouge
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Bambara was born and raised in a small tribal village in West Africa. As a boy, he grew up being surrounded by the barbaric, unusual customs of a Voudoun tribal community. As a small boy, he was not allowed to participate actively in the rituals, but he watched them closely. His mother and father were important members of the tribe. During his teen years, Bambara became a Houngenikon, or an assistant to the Houngan, which was a fully initiated priest of the Voudoun. While his sister remained hounsi canzo, Bombara decided to venture out of his tribe on a Rite of Mentality. He believed he himself wasn't worthy for the path he was on, which was that of a Houngan priest.

Soon after leaving his tribe, the Vodun man was forced to live in the unforgiving terrain of the African Wilderness. He had not taken any weaponry with him, so he was forced time and time again to create crude bows. After many months at doing this, it became old easier and easier for him to do. Using the bow, he hunted a multitude of different game animals. Some which required him to wrestle, to conserve his low count of arrows. When game was scarce and animals became reclusive, Bombara began taking up herbalism, finding many plants, some edible, some not. On more than one occasion, Bombara was striken gravely ill by these plants, something quickly fixed by purging. By the end of his journey, he was well versed in fauna and flora, and was a skilled hunter when he returned to his tribe. After a year in the wilderness, Bombara returned to his tribe, he had acquired the proper ceremonial garb that was normal dress for those of the Houngan. He remain with the tribe for two more years before European Ministers arrived to convert the population to Christianity, and bring them towards Western Culture. The tribe took this as a great insult, and openly attacked the small group of white men. Several were mortally wounded, while the remainder decided to take their leave, lest they incur further casualties. Bombara reluctantly went with the men, as he believed himself impure, and unworthy to remain within the community. Mid-transit, there were several reports of odd storms popping up around the world. Something that both scared and confused the African Vouduon man. He believed that this was the Loa's anger at his tribe embodied in nature. Bombara promptly attacked and killed the remaining Europeans when they arrived at their destination, in Europe. It was only a matter of time until he was apprehended by the local billies for his heinous acts...

And that is when the portals began opening. The Combine soldiers, dropships, SYNTH units and aircraft spewed from the shifting abyss as an enormous hole tore the sky asunder. Bombara fled from them, taking heavy fire, along with other fleeing men and women. He was thankfully unharmed as he hid within a convenient, and well concealed, bomb shelter. He lived within the confines of this hole for several weeks before emerging, and promptly beginning his journey into the unknown that was now Earth, a hefty bad of provisions on his back from his brief stay within the shelter. Deep into his travels, Bombara came acrossed many dead animals, both fresh, and totting. Those that he could preserve, he salted and stored within small containers. He continued to his trek until he came upon a city, one that didn't exactly scream safety. Approaching a large pipe jutting out of the exterior of the city's wall, he entered...into City 45.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The capability to create passive RP as well as a fun RP experience for those within Precinct 3 besides the run of the mill resistance mumbo-jumbo. Regular rituals would be done, covering a vast majority of things. Citizens would be able to perform 'Rites' to prove their worth to the Loa, if they so wish to join in on the fun. The knives would be used strictly in self defense, unless during the monthly sacrifice, in which they will be used by Bombara to carve the heart out of the sacrifice's chest, to appease the Loa.

Defects
Placing himself in situations in which he can openly be attacked. He would be hunted down for inciting religious activity and for his barbaric beliefs most likely.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on creating passive RP for people, allowing them to partake in an unusual Roleplay situation, furthering the development of their characters. Furthermore, it would give units an active religious sect in which to stomp out. Lastly, Bombara sees Vortigaunts as the physical embodiment if the Loa, and therefor worhships them. This could easily cause a multitude of problems, due to Vortgaunt nature.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
This was written after a night of no sleep, so any lack of detail can be choked up to that, although I hope that the information I have given is sufficient.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:39:20 AM by Reaver -Actually Quetzalcoatl shh »
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bambara Ge-rouge's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »
I like the idea and you're a great-enough roleplayer fpr this but I'm not sure how well it would work in the City - I still like the idea a lot but I'd like to hear other admin's opinions on this and such

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bambara Ge-rouge\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »
The only reason I'm reluctant to do this in Outlands is because the usual lack of people, and the ones that do go on would sooner shoot me dead than actually participate in any sort of Sect. I know a tribal man within a concrete jungle would be utterly out of place, but then again if it doesn't seem to work out in the city, I could easily ship his arse back out.

This was just my idea to help create citizen RP that isn't talk shit about the Combine in Precinct 3, or get beaten in the plaza.

I'll wait for the final verdict, meow.

Post Auto-Merged: August 15, 2012, 05:54:14 PM
EDIT:Made several small edits, nothing major, just small revisions in the backstory.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:54:14 PM by Reaver -Actually Quetzalcoatl shh »
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
This is an interesting and un-usual app.
I know Reaver's rp and how several characters of his, has devoloped. I find him capable of handling such a character, but I cant tell what peoples reaction to it, would be on the server.
Support from me.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
The backstory is well written and adequate detail has been given to how he kept the mentioned supplies during his trip to the city, so I'll support this.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:32 AM »
We did a test run of this kind of RP in steam chat(Dumbass me exited out before I could screenshot) and it was a good combination of both passive RP and combat RP. Others may have that aspect of fearrp and run off and others may have some curiosity and want in on it. Then others might just want to report it for points. Overall it's a really fun and interesting thing to have.

+Support
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:01:02 AM by Get.in.the.Van| Vice Consul Hou »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
This does seem pretty interesting, and since other admins have already given their support, consider this Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal