Author Topic: Edward Contisher's Authorization Application  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Edward Contisher's Authorization Application
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: 'Rudolph
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2 years. Serious Rp in general. TNB fag
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: A long time, 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
The ability to Make Braille writings and Read Braille

Name: Edward Contisher
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Edward Contisher lived in Oxford. His father was born without the ability to see, And therefore learnt to read and write Braille. His mother, was unscathed however  and had no mental illness or Disability. As a young boy, Edward grew up learning Braille, He however wasn't blind and surprisingly had 20/20 vision. One might think that Edward would just disregard the language of braille as rubbish, and stick to reading and writing.

But his father was an honorable person. He had a kind heart, a good soul,and was generous throughout his life. And Edward stuck to his teachings, endured the fact that he was a blind man, and took the language of Braille inside of his lifestyle. In the later years of life, He took on the role of a Braille instructor in a humble school. His old man had died of parkinsons, and his mum died of old age. It was only a few hours before he was struct by the Seven hour war, The Combine invaded the school, killing anyone that ran, or resisted. Fortunately Edward was at the back of the school, where he was "scavenged" Witt the other survivors. He remembers nothing else about the invasion, except to the point where he wakes up to a new world, and a new city. They called it City Fourty Five.

It took Edward quite a while to get used to it, he was most of all, very loyal citizen, and listened to every order they had given him. It wasn't his fault. The kindness was in his blood. However, He had seen a blind man being thrown to the stairs of the nexus, Possibly even kicked and ragged across the road. Edward was undeniably furious. He had lost all hope in the new "Union" And set about on his own plans.  Taking the knowledge he learnt from his previous life. He needed something to create the dots. He found a small metallic tube, the size of probably 5Cm, long and 0.5 Cm wide in circumference wise. Poking in the dots in the paper, he created secret notes that could only be read by people that could understand braille. Hoping that not many would know. He hid secret documents and notes/Letters.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-A Secret way of messaging/ Concealing messages.

-More of a detective RP, if the Combine were to investigate it.

-A non lethal way or resisting against the CCA, and Union ( Not lolwebels with guns)

Defects
-People that find the notes might disregard it as trash and throw it out.

-Can be easily destroyed by even a a touch of water or mis-use.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
-ProsI plan to create some interesting "Resistance Roleplay", in ways that don't involve shooting Units in sight, and getting contraband on the streets and whatnot.

I hope to create a group, that will use this as a form of secret messaging it give to individuals if they do not want to be suspicion-ed of Conspiracy.

-Cons I will play to lose if the Combine do get on our tail, as we are not a very strong organization that specialize in combat.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Maybe in the future. But probably not.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
IF I should make my backstory longer, I will, but seeing as they might not be such a huge impact on how I play, and how others will react. I didnt think I needed that much,
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:26:53 PM by ??Rudolph »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Edward Contisher's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
I support it. Should be an interesting thing to see develop in game.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:50:25 AM »
This does seem pretty interesting, I'll support it as well.

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »
I could see some good roleplay coming out of this if it's RP'd correctly. +support

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 05:37:08 PM »
I don't think I can accept this (SA+ i THINK idk) but I totally support it as well, Rud' is a great roleplayer and this sounds like it'd be very interesting.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
Seems everyone supports it, so this is Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal