Author Topic: Rex 'Luco' Vindicta's Authorization Application  (Read 2201 times)

Giovanni Dicardi

Rex 'Luco' Vindicta's Authorization Application
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Get.in.the.Van
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5-6 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3-4 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Armor Outfiting(Kevlar for Leather Jackets)
Removing Kevlar from OTA Vests
MP7 Knife Attachment(Bayonet)
Understanding of Basic Human Anatomy
Basic Combat Knife

Name: Rex 'Luco' Vindicta
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Outlands Paragraph 1
   By now, Rex ‘Luco’ Vindicta has killed, mugged, or sexually assaulted at least 25 people in City 45. He is now a wanted criminal and anti-citizen in City 45. He knows that if a scanner catches his image, he would be captured and thrown back into detainment, but this time, he won’t come out. The crimes he has committed would even disgust most Units in the Combine Civil Authority. His murders were gruesome and disturbing and yet, it seemed to him as if the Combine Civil Authority had not even given a damn. But as the feeling of paranoia sunk in, his desire to leave the city grew. He then thought of a plan to stay under the eye of the Combine by altering his looks. Little did he know that it wouldn’t be enough to hide him from the Combine, but he was lucky enough to slip under the CCA’s nose. In due time, Rex was walking around the City streets as normal as he can be. He convinced people to follow him to their demise by persuading them with tokens and work. Such as lifting boxes filled with weapons and ammunition or helping him replace pipes in the UCH or in Precinct Three. Soon enough, someone caught onto his ruse. A man who owned a shop/clinic called him a liar and a murderer while Rex was standing outside of his shop, encouraging another victim. Rex denied the accusations and declared the man mentally insane. Fortunately enough, a CCA officer came by and broke up the large crowd. Rex disappeared among the rest of the citizens. This man (// Who’s name I cannot remember for the life of me) reported Rex to the CCA, thus raising his notoriety once more. Now a BOL, Rex had no other choice but to leave the city immediately. He had again found fortune in the most obvious of places, Precinct Three. Rex has heard rumors about a Vortigaunt by the name of Cathuul who was guiding people out of the City to become Refugees. As soon as he had heard this rumor, he went to the canal to confirm it of its actuality. As he progressed forwards, a scanner caught him off guard and quickly flashed multiple pictures of him, rendering him temporarily blinded by the light. As he rubs his eyes he realizes that the CCA now knows his whereabouts. He quickly jogs down to the canal and spots the Vortigaunt with several other people. He sprints towards the open gate and waves to the Vortigaunt and the crowd to hurry along with him as he says, “We have to go! There is going to be a sweep!” In a frantic hurry, the Vortigaunt took lead and lead Rex and the other citizens down the sewer drain leading into the outlands.

Outlands Paragraph 2
   Rex and the other refugees have traveled for days now, fully supplied with food and water. On his way down the tunnel, he discovered his longtime friend Chase Hunt had accompanied him in the large movement. They decided to stick together until they were fully established in the Outlands. As the group began to disperse a female came out of the group, a Josephine Woodwine. Chase and Rex decided to…adopt this woman into their two man survival group. His urges to harm this woman were unimaginable, but he managed to hold it back. They all took refuge atop a large hill in an abandoned home and barricaded it with rotten wood and spare barricades from the destroyed bunker. He luckily had found a pistol as time progressed in the outlands and he used to it protect Chase, Josephine, and himself. As time progressed and utter boredom came upon all three of them, Rex and Chase had decided to go to town. Unfortunately, they came across a slight situation. The town of the belles was in conflict with an OTA squad. The PACT and the OTA were in extreme combat and Rex and Chase were caught in the middle of it. They ran past gunfire and chaos while weaving through many of the buildings in the Belles. They finally reached a building and sought shelter in the roof of it, hiding from the combat.
Outland Paragraph 3   
Hours had passed and the gun fire had finally ceased. Rex and Chase had slowly encroached themselves out of their hiding spot in the building and walked outside to a war torn area. As the two examined the area, they noticed a rather large crowd in the local inn. As the two proceeded to walk in, they noticed that the large crowd inside was removing the downed OTA unit’s supplies and weapons. He then noticed a man of whom adorned a resistance vest with a rather large knife, walked towards the unit and begins to cut into the neck area and armpit area. He then slowly removed his suit of blue camouflage armor and heaved it onto a nearby table. He then gathered around an assortment of people around the table as he asked them, “Would you like to see how to survive the next attack?” He then proceeds to cut slowly along the suturing of the suit while slowly removing the Kevlar underneath. Rex and Chase notice that the Kevlar has a large assortment of technology, such as a communication system and an augmented portion for Trans-human integration. The man slowly removed this with his knife by cutting out large portions of the Kevlar, rendering it weak but useable. The man boasts his new creation and waves to the awed crowd to follow him over to a nearby building. Once inside the building he reaches into the closet and pulls out a leather jacket. He then does a simple task by suturing the outside of the Kevlar with the inside of the jacket. He adorns his new creation in style. As the crowd begins to disperse, the man hands Rex and Chase a small letter and he says to him, “You boys seem like you’re in hard times, practice this method and you’ll get along just fine.” The nod to him and the man then gives him his knife and sends them on their way. As they leave the building, Rex opens the letter. It turned out to be a step by step guide to how to outfit and remove Kevlar from an OTA suit and transfer it to a leather jacket. Rex then shoves it inside of his pocket and nods to Chase and they head on their way. On their return, Rex comes across a semi-torn book. It was legible but sloppy, yet it had some mediate importance to him. The title read “The Human Anatomy”, Rex saw this as an opportunity as he already has a blatant understanding of Human anatomy due to his previous murders.  When they returned home to the hill, Josephine had given Rex some “useless” duct tape and asked him to get rid of it. Instead he reached into his pocket, stabbing himself several times, looking for the knife. He then removed it from his pocket and said, “I could use this as an attachment for a bigger gun.”

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Melee Combat for MP7 instead of Point-/me-Click-Shoot
-Kevlar for Leather Jacket instead of Resistance Vest
-Understanding of where a possible injury may be.

Defects
-The knife is attached with Duct tape, so it could fall off or be torn off
-The armor is extremely weak and can only deflect a 9mm
-Basic Anatomy doesn't really do anything for medical assistance

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
-Pros
I plan to increase the time for Combat RP and I also plan to use it as a form of Passive RP for armor outfitting.

-Cons
I plan to use this a P2L way of RP for combat RP and as a way for Con artists RP for trading RP.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
None.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rex 'Luco' Vindicta's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »
You can't apply for vests. Plus from my mind I think the pact was dead. Long time ago

Credit goes to jackal

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
I'm not applying for the vest, just the kevlar.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »
I've seen your RP, and its good, but not great, so here is what I'd be comfortable with accepting:

Armor Outfiting(Kevlar for Leather Jackets) - yes
Removing Kevlar from OTA Vests - no
MP7 Knife Attachment(Bayonet) - no
Understanding of Basic Human Anatomy - yes
Basic Combat Knife - yes

If any other admin could please post, and give suggestions or comments, please do.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:04 AM »
I've seen your RP, and its good, but not great, so here is what I'd be comfortable with accepting:

Armor Outfiting(Kevlar for Leather Jackets) - yes
Removing Kevlar from OTA Vests - no
MP7 Knife Attachment(Bayonet) - no
Understanding of Basic Human Anatomy - yes
Basic Combat Knife - yes

If any other admin could please post, and give suggestions or comments, please do.

I can roll with this.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »
No objections? Consider this accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal