Author Topic: An old bug that's been neglected  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An old bug that's been neglected
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »
I brought this up to Crap-Head early in the alpha testing but he just set it aside for another day. Well it is another day so I shal remind you guys of it.

In all emergency vehicles, the lights and sounds only render/play on your client if the vehicles origin is in your FOV. That means if you are in an ambulance driving in first person, you cant hear the siren nor see the lights, even if they're playing. This also means if there are emergency vehicles behind you or the cops are trying to pull you over, you will not hear it.

It would be nice for people to actually pull over instead of driving along because they cant hear the siren.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: An old bug that's been neglected
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
I brought this up to Crap-Head early in the alpha testing but he just set it aside for another day. Well it is another day so I shal remind you guys of it.

In all emergency vehicles, the lights and sounds only render/play on your client if the vehicles origin is in your FOV. That means if you are in an ambulance driving in first person, you cant hear the siren nor see the lights, even if they're playing. This also means if there are emergency vehicles behind you or the cops are trying to pull you over, you will not hear it.

It would be nice for people to actually pull over instead of driving along because they cant hear the siren.

Lights I can't do much about. I can see about sirens though. Moving to proper section

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
cant you set the sound to play in a certain radius around the vehicle in question?
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
cant you set the sound to play in a certain radius around the vehicle in question?
Sound's already been updated in the dev code

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
Tried a fix, it broke things. Gunna see what I can do for Update 11

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal