Author Topic: Andrew Steven 's Authorization Application  (Read 1455 times)

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Andrew Steven 's Authorization Application
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:27 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: ReconPWN
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): For close to three years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: For two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-No sense of smell, meaning my character will not be able to smell anything with his nose

Name: Andrew Steven
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
// This story is more of a backstory than canon since this incident was prior to the seven hour war.

In 1992 Andrew Steven was of the prime age of 22 driving his Impala down Pacific Coast Highway in California toward Huntington Beach. He had his surfboard strapped to the top of his car with some bungee cables and his wetsuit in the backseat. While turning into main street a car way over the speed limit collided with him on the right side of his car tossing himself and his vehicle like a ragdoll all over the road along with the other driver. The concussion from the impact knocked Andrew out prior to his car spinning around from the impact leaving his body limp when the ambulances came to pick him up. He was then transported to VA Long Beach Health Care Center where he was operated on for weeks on end repairing his damaged skin, broken bones, ect. All of this while his family is at his bedside waiting for him to awake from his long and undeserved slumber.

After about 16 days in a coma he awakes to see his mother sleeping on the chair next to him and his father outside the door arguing with what seemed to him to be a doctor.  The doctor and his father both turn their heads looking into the window to see Andrew with his eyes open staring at them. The two both rush to the door quickly coming to Andrew trying to see if he would respond to them. Andrew closes his eyes once more returning to his sleep only to be awaken shortly after by the attending nurse.

Two weeks pass and Andrew is still in his hospital bed talking to family he has never seen in years. Prior to this Andrew asked his father what he was arguing with the doctor about. The father told him that the doctor was trying to tell him that his son was diagnosed with Anosmia. The two were arguing about how much of an outrageous claim it was to already judge that when the patient isn't even awake. But the doctor was sadly correct about Andrews Anosmia, or the lack to perceive odors.

After Andrew left the hospital he was debating with the doctor about it being caused by brain damage or not. So the doctor came to the conclusion that Andrew will be prescribed glucocorticoids in the event that he has inflammation in his nostrils causing the inability to smell. The doctor was very reluctant giving him that prescription and told him repeatedly that it is brain damage not inflammation. Deep down Andrew knew the doctor was right but was desperate. He later returned to the doctor after a month telling him that the glucocorticoids did not work as he thought they would. The doctor hanged his head down looking at the floor shaking it side to side and leaves the room after giving Andrew a brief and pitiful lecture about how his life won't be the same.     

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-The ability to roam the sewers freely in the city without trouble from the smell of the urine and other by products from the UCH.

Defects
-The inability to perceive odors.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Nothing aside from allowing my character to read his books in silence inside of the sewer and being able to roam freely without trouble from the odors that are in the sewer.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:46:16 PM by ReconPWN™ »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Andrew Steven 's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »
Out of my own personal interest, I have one question before this is accepted.

If you were discovered by the Combine to have this condition would they be able to treat it or would it be more along the lines of an imperfection that can't be cured (that is, something you could be amputated for)?

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
In the event that I would be captured and they some how figured out that I have no sense of smell I will be amputated due to it being an imperfection that is not repairable due to it being caused by brain damage.

I can tell you right now that my character is going to play the act that he can smell things if he was captured.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »
Cool, thanks for the response.

Consider this accepted!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal