Author Topic: Character Lip Sync while Announcements are being broadcast  (Read 1570 times)

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I noticed while my character was sitting on a bench next to the nexus while an announcement was made about civil disobedience and off world relocation that the mouth of my character was moving in sync with the announcement.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned prior I just wanted to bring attention to the matter. And let me stress that this isn't game breaking since I assume this is only clientside.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Character Lip Sync while Announcements are being broadcast
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
This is because the sound is not really blasting out of a speaker somewhere. Instead, it needs to play loudly. The only way to have it play loudly at full volume and have you not see it, is by making your character's entity say it. Sometimes you'll see another character do it, but it's usually yours.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal