Author Topic: How will the World End? (Serious Replies please)  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How will the World End? (Serious Replies please)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
I personally think you are getting confused. The earth is home to trillions of micro species which will long surpass our own existence (assuming we can't escape from this rock). Earth is also home to many other forms of life; mammals, plants, fish and shit. Humans make up a small portion of Earth history and we will eventually die out, through whatever way it happens (assuming we can't get off this rock). If we do die though that does not mean the end of the world, because the world is not made for humans. So if we die in the next 100 years because lol oil war, that means humans are dead, it does not mean the world has ended (and even then humans would probably live on in certain places). No to answer your question specifically its is roughly 1 and half billion years till life on earth ends (if that's what you mean) and it is roughly 8 billion years till the earth is engulfed by the sun.

There its a simple as that, that IS how the world will end, all other theories would have to be coincidence. For example a meteorite large enough to knock us out of orbit and/or completely destroy the planet would not be predictable and could even be preventable depending on our tech.

However you may have meant when will human life end. Well gee again that is a very hard question to answer (sort of). Assuming we live long enough and don't make it off the planet and don't get a dooms day war we have time limit of roughly 600 million years. After that due to carbon dioxide levels rising (assuming this doesn't happen early because of global warming or something) plant life will no longer be sustainable and there will be an unbalance of oxygen causing majority species to die out (including us, assuming we don't come up with some fancy way of artificially converting oxygen and holding back the suns rays, or some bull shit like that). But we could die early? Perhaps, but it would be difficult. The largest known disease ever wiped out roughly 5% of the human population, bearing in mind that this was at a point where medical science was less developed and the human population was much smaller. So we can kind of scratch that out :P

Then there is nuclear warfare, for whatever reason. This again is unlikely, if you wondering why, do some research on the cold war and look up MAD theory. Seriously, unless the world leaders all had negative IQ nuclear Armageddon that cause full extinction is an unlikely scenario and shouldn't be looked at as something that is likely.

But who knows, perhaps a 'skynet' scenario will take place, or maybe shit tons of zombies will appear for some reason (but then in some senses that would simply be an evolutionary step backwards and it would just be another form of humans, a homo immortui if you will. And we can't forget that on the verge of discovering Fusion and other great leaps in science we could probably sustain ourselves in a different region of space. If that is the case though we have a maximum of 10^10^120 years (give or take) before the universe is fully black (lol racism) and there is no chance then of survival (assuming we can't figure out how to leave the universe, but I could go on and on).

tl;dr Earth has minimum of 8 billion years before destruction
Humans have anywhere between 600 million years (earth become uninhabitable) to 10^10^120 (universe become nutin') years before definite death (assuming we are not killed sooner)

Here is the problem with the MAD theory, and I'm not trying to sound like some propagandist, by some of these Islamic zealots are willing to crash themselves into buildings to fulfill their sick agendas. Pakistan has nukes. I am very worried that some nutjob can get their hands on a weapon like that and take a city out. Or Pakistan could just start a global war on its own. Pakistan isn't even in control of its own territory. Honestly, I think the U.S. doesn't acknowledge this because we have no idea how to stop it.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
If anything, here's what will happen.

Either Iran or North Korea will launch a nuclear missile against some other nation (North Korea->South Korea, Iran->Israel). The US and it's allies are going to flip over this, declare war on whatever country launched the missle. China/Russia are going to supply either of those countries, US gets even more upset. Seeing as there's already conflicts between these countries (Economic, political, previous relations, all that wonderful stuff), a war or another Cold War is bound to occur. Seeing as the weaponry we have nowadays is much more deadly than it was back then, mass conflicts are going to happen, and seeing as all this religious, political, economic, and all the other sorts of issues in the world are brewing, nations would proceed to attack eachother and start a huge series of wars across the globe.

While small scale wars start emerging between countries or within them, the big ones would support the sides they like, starting another Cold War. This time, though, I think it will result in an actual war between the bigger countries, mainly China and the US. Variou countries would pick sides, or get caught in between. Huge wars break out across the world, which would more than likely result in major population areas being raised.

Tl;dr version, Iran/North Korea launches a nuke, US gets mad, China/Russia sells to bad people, US gets more mad, people start fighting, US says come at me to China or vice versa, countries get leveled, nukes go off, explosions, fallout three.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »
I personally think you are getting confused. The earth is home to trillions of micro species which will long surpass our own existence (assuming we can't escape from this rock). Earth is also home to many other forms of life; mammals, plants, fish and shit. Humans make up a small portion of Earth history and we will eventually die out, through whatever way it happens (assuming we can't get off this rock). If we do die though that does not mean the end of the world, because the world is not made for humans. So if we die in the next 100 years because lol oil war, that means humans are dead, it does not mean the world has ended (and even then humans would probably live on in certain places). No to answer your question specifically its is roughly 1 and half billion years till life on earth ends (if that's what you mean) and it is roughly 8 billion years till the earth is engulfed by the sun.

There its a simple as that, that IS how the world will end, all other theories would have to be coincidence. For example a meteorite large enough to knock us out of orbit and/or completely destroy the planet would not be predictable and could even be preventable depending on our tech.

However you may have meant when will human life end. Well gee again that is a very hard question to answer (sort of). Assuming we live long enough and don't make it off the planet and don't get a dooms day war we have time limit of roughly 600 million years. After that due to carbon dioxide levels rising (assuming this doesn't happen early because of global warming or something) plant life will no longer be sustainable and there will be an unbalance of oxygen causing majority species to die out (including us, assuming we don't come up with some fancy way of artificially converting oxygen and holding back the suns rays, or some bull shit like that). But we could die early? Perhaps, but it would be difficult. The largest known disease ever wiped out roughly 5% of the human population, bearing in mind that this was at a point where medical science was less developed and the human population was much smaller. So we can kind of scratch that out :P

Then there is nuclear warfare, for whatever reason. This again is unlikely, if you wondering why, do some research on the cold war and look up MAD theory. Seriously, unless the world leaders all had negative IQ nuclear Armageddon that cause full extinction is an unlikely scenario and shouldn't be looked at as something that is likely.

But who knows, perhaps a 'skynet' scenario will take place, or maybe shit tons of zombies will appear for some reason (but then in some senses that would simply be an evolutionary step backwards and it would just be another form of humans, a homo immortui if you will. And we can't forget that on the verge of discovering Fusion and other great leaps in science we could probably sustain ourselves in a different region of space. If that is the case though we have a maximum of 10^10^120 years (give or take) before the universe is fully black (lol racism) and there is no chance then of survival (assuming we can't figure out how to leave the universe, but I could go on and on).

tl;dr Earth has minimum of 8 billion years before destruction
Humans have anywhere between 600 million years (earth become uninhabitable) to 10^10^120 (universe become nutin') years before definite death (assuming we are not killed sooner)

Here is the problem with the MAD theory, and I'm not trying to sound like some propagandist, by some of these Islamic zealots are willing to crash themselves into buildings to fulfill their sick agendas. Pakistan has nukes. I am very worried that some nutjob can get their hands on a weapon like that and take a city out. Or Pakistan could just start a global war on its own. Pakistan isn't even in control of its own territory. Honestly, I think the U.S. doesn't acknowledge this because we have no idea how to stop it.

This is a very good point, if defeat does not bring fear to someone then MAD theory is cancelled out. However you have to understand that most countries do not have the religious zealots in charge, most of the leaders, even if they are religion, don't want their country to get obliterated. Perhaps a country would be ballsy enough to launch a nuke, but they wouldn't have enough nukes (and their nukes wouldn't be 'good' so to say) to do much damage to the west and so it would be a pointless endeavour. Not to mention they would be more likely to nuke their neighbouring states who they bicker with. Still I think we need to make sure nukes don't fall into the wrong hands, but I think it is still an unlikely scenario.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
I think the world will end naturally, the ice melting from both poles has happened before, due to the rise in the temperature. It has happened before, and it's close to happening. We are just speeding it up with Global Warming. I forgot what will happen after the flood happens, once the poles have melted (I watched a thing about it, and good memory and my brain isn't a good combination) I think the Earth will end, when the Sun ends. BUT I think there are more life out there than just us. It can't be just us can it?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal