Author Topic: My games are reverse deaf.  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
My games are reverse deaf.
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
My Garry's Mod and Team Fortress Two have no sound what-so-ever, I have deleted the local content (which is was a lot of people said) and it still has no sound. I have put up with this for three years now and I do want it fixed. Please help.
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My games are reverse deaf.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
Having no sound has nothing to do with the game itself.

Open the game, then go to your sound mixer and check if sound is actually enabled or not.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:36:16 AM »
Having no sound has nothing to do with the game itself.

Open the game, then go to your sound mixer and check if sound is actually enabled or not.

(I was tired when I made this post) It is enabled, but it still does not make any sound. I have also failed to say in the post that it was enabled but yet it still would not make any noise. I tested the sound by randomly shooting in singer player in Garry's Mod.
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
Hmm, well it's a long shot, but do you have -nosound in your launch properties in steam?
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »
Sometimes my headphones will not allow gmod to play sound but if I change the config from headphones to 2 speakers or vice versa it usually fixes itself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal