Author Topic: Fuck! Help me!  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Baylife

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fuck! Help me!
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:21:20 AM »
Ok, My virus program (Norton 360) has fucked up, I cant download "bass.exe" i wanna listen to radios but norton says it a virus? I had it on my other computer and i had no problems.

HELP ME! Ty

Re: Fuck! Help me!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Disable your network/temporarily disconnect.

Turn off your virus scanner.
Install it.
It should work, if not allow the bass.exe in the folder where it is by the Virus scanner.

Turn on your network again, this was to prevent malware/spyware to send anything, obviously this doesn't matter if you don't do a virus scan for malware/spyware.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
uninstall norton, get something better like MSE

Offline Lil_Killa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »
  You need to disable the Tamper Proof settings somewhere in nortan or it will not let you uninstall, because it doesn't want hackers to delete the virus protection.

It would be the best if it is possible to disable it, and my experience with nortan isn't very good because it would kinda block everything which sucks.

Or try what Martinerrr suggested.

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
This is what happens when you install norton. If you willingly installed it, I have no sympathy for you.

In all seriousness, get fucking rid of it. "Best" solution? Clean install of windows (it embeds its shit into the most stupid of places). Most logical? Get their uninstaller (if they still have it, last time I dealt with norton shit was in 2006 I think).

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
What version of Norton is it? If its pre 2009, then upgrade. Otherwise, you can restore the file from your quarantine.

Offline pAra

•  I've got no idea what to write here. ggwp
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:45:17 AM »
Uninstall and download Avast
24/7 musick project group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwentyfourSevenMusick

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
Uninstall Norton, and install MSE or Malwarebytes, or both! Hell, install those and Avast!.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.avast.com/en-us/index

Use the free versions, as they work well. No offense or anything, but Norton is horrible. Hope this helps.
(To uninstall programs, you can to go control panel -> Programs -> Uninstall)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56:29 PM »
Uninstall Norton, and install MSE or Malwarebytes, or both! Hell, install those and Avast!.

While I do agree to use any of these, do not use them all at once. Anti virus programs will conflict with each other, each of them thinks a program reading all the files on your computer is a virus.

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
While this is the case with some anti-virus programs, I use Malware Bytes and MSE and neither have conflicted. I didn't try scanning both of them at the same time, but if they freak out if you do (Why would you, it'd slow it down a bit :V) it'd be a false positive.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:13:01 AM »
disable auto protect, it's the right click option on the icon in the right corner.

re-enable it after installing.

Offline Puppy

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »
Either get Microsoft Essentials, or Avast anti virus, Norton's sluggish in ways.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal